1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Not real bugs but maybe two points that need some discussion:

1.) If you want to improve the relations with a civ, just declare war on them. When you conquer a few cities, make peace and then liberate the cities, they will love you, which seems strange.

2.) Imho, the absolutly most powerful wonder in the game is King Richards Crusade. Here is why: The Crusader are all lead by a general, which means they can get the Heroic II promotion. In a good specialized military city with a lot of free XP, the can get almost instandly to that promotion (or close to). In my current game I have ober 1000 Turns (!!!!) of golden age left. And it could be more if I wanted, since the crusader are still there and there are weaker enemies around. And even if not, they can be upgraded...

So I suggest that you remove the "Lead by general" promotion from them. But then there still is the problem with heros. I conquered 3 different Native Cultures, which is no big deal for a leading civ. But I easily have 10 Heros with Heroic II promotion at one time.

2. philipschall

philipschall Warlord

I believe this is a problem with viewports: I access the GEM with viewports turned off. I turn viewports on. I exit the game and reload the mod. I try to play the GEM. It immediately ctd's. I try other variations of the GEM. It ctd's. I turn viewports off, everything works fine. Is there already a fix for this problem?

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It's not one I have come across (I load GEM with viewports all the time). Is it when it initially starts the game or with an existing save of a previously started game that it happens (or both)? Check the patch DLL doesn't solve it, but if it doesn't post a minidump + save/recipe and I'll see if I can reproduce/diagnose it

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

@SO - CIVILIZATION_AMERICA still causing python exceptions in the latest version. 4 Python files still use it:

Contrib/RandomNameUtils.py
    EntryPoints/CvCultureLinkInterface.py
    EntryPoints/CvRandomEventInterface.py
    Revolution/RebelTypes.py

You'll need to modifiy all four.

5. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I also play the GEM with Viewpoints all the time. It's an older GEM, there are no Natural Wonders (except those I added manually). This GEM works on newest SVN, but the one I uploaded crashes. When I remove the civics in the scenario file, I get the "you have been defeated" message.

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK i went to extreme's this time and deleted all reference to America, let me know if that works, thx. Otherwise i am going to go back to the same ole boring "America."

7. dekk

dekk Chieftain

Tried the latest patched dll (5926) and crash is gone. Thx a lot Koshling :goodjob:

8. Jere

Jere Chieftain

Horseman icon is a square of all hot pink. If I try to train one, I get a CTD immediately after choosing it to be built.
    C2C V31.

9. strategyonly

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Revolution", line 627, in onEndPlayerTurn
    File "Revolution", line 6268, in launchRevolution
    File "Revolution", line 6856, in spawnRevolutionaries
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isGovernmentCenter'

10. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I can see a possible cause here, but only if we still have any civilization-specific buildings, which I didn't think we did - do we?

[the bug would occur if the parent civ that the revolution is splitting off from had a civ-specific building in one of the cities that had split away, which did no exist for the child civilization]

11. strategyonly

Well wouldn't that then mean ALL splits are that way "under" revolutions?

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

No. Only splits where the parent civ has built at least one building unique to that civ. I was under the impression that there are no civ-unique buildings or units any more, it all having moved onto culture resources instead, but perhaps there are some left-overs?

13. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

The split-off civ usually won't have the culture/resource either. Unless you're saying that doesn't matter.

14. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Doesn't matter for the purposes of this bug.

15. Paladyn85

Paladyn85 Chieftain

Hi guys!

First of all thanks for great mod. This one is on my "best mods of all games" list.

I`m playing C2C version 31 on win XP 32bit - 4Gb ddr.

My problem is quite simple and unexpected. My saved games stopped loading (on initialization, so in first part of save game loading, it crush to desktop).
    Before that I had no problems with mod (in my last game also).

Minidump file is empty same as PythonErr.log, so I`m sending save file only.

Thanks for help in advance.

View attachment PaladynAdmin BC-37750.rar

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Known bug - V31 occasionally produces corrupt saves. The patch in the patch thread solves it, but that save is not recoverable - you'll have to go back to the previous one once you've patched.

17. strategyonly

btw Welcome to CFC and trying this Great Mod, C2C!:)

18. strategyonly

These PINK still need to be fixed, thx.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Only you can find the second. You need to look at the pedia icon for each of the wonders you have built in the city and see which one is not showing in the hover over. That will be the pink one.

20. strategyonly

See that were the NEW problem is, the hover over is different than the pedia entries. The pedia puts them in the order that you got them, and the pedia is alphabetical, so i have NO idea???

Its got to be a Wonder, i know that, probably a new one without the "_" again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.