Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 13th July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that were the NEW problem is, the hover over is different than the pedia entries. The pedia puts them in the order that you got them, and the pedia is alphabetical, so i have NO idea???

Its got to be a Wonder, i know that, probably a new one without the "_" again.

Go into the city. Get a list of all the wonders under the building wonder tab. For each wonder look at the icon in the pedia go back to the hover over and see if the icon is there. If it isn't then it is probably the pink one. Tedious I know but there is no other way to identify it.

Week-old SVN. Repeatable crash after end of turn

Updated to SVN 6008 (today, 6 hour ago). Crash still there.
Savegame attached.

Not real bugs but maybe two points that need some discussion:

1.) If you want to improve the relations with a civ, just declare war on them. When you conquer a few cities, make peace and then liberate the cities, they will love you, which seems strange.

2.) Imho, the absolutly most powerful wonder in the game is King Richards Crusade. Here is why: The Crusader are all lead by a general, which means they can get the Heroic II promotion. In a good specialized military city with a lot of free XP, the can get almost instandly to that promotion (or close to). In my current game I have ober 1000 Turns (!!!!) of golden age left. And it could be more if I wanted, since the crusader are still there and there are weaker enemies around. And even if not, they can be upgraded...

So I suggest that you remove the "Lead by general" promotion from them. But then there still is the problem with heros. I conquered 3 different Native Cultures, which is no big deal for a leading civ. But I easily have 10 Heros with Heroic II promotion at one time.

You can achieve this same result by assigning your generals to hunters and rangers early in the game. I play the epic speed, and had a game with over 1,400 turns of golden age just from killing animals.

@ Koshling:

When doing your debugging, how do you cope with, lets say i add a NEW civ to the mix, and you dont have it, then what??

If a save has a civ (or leader) in it that dos not exist in the local assets, then I is replaced with a random choice of a new (unused) one at load time (and you get a message telling you that has happened). In the case of leaders it chooses another leader from the same civ if one is available, else just random.

If a save has a civ (or leader) in it that dos not exist in the local assets, then I is replaced with a random choice of a new (unused) one at load time (and you get a message telling you that has happened). In the case of leaders it chooses another leader from the same civ if one is available, else just random.

OK sounds great, here then is a NEW civ i had made, but in BOTH instances in the Classical Era, they tried loading and it goes into the Technology Screen and stays there???:mad:

But then when you click on the "go to windows" keystokes (it goes down as usual, then when you click on the Civ IV icon in the toolbar (where it should be) it goes back to the way it is supposed to be, with the normal interface?? Just weird stuff? Just wondering if it happens to you????

Both saves do it, but no others do??

@Koshling

You have right. I turned off Stack Attack BUG option and turns go on.

So stack attack is very buggy. Maybe you could do quick fix to stack atack tonot affect AI players. In future wmaybe you will find some performance potential in that game option.

EDIT

Latest svn Iam able to upgrade units inside enemy teritory

@Koshling

You have right. I turned off Stack Attack BUG option and turns go on.

So stack attack is very buggy. Maybe you could do quick fix to stack atack tonot affect AI players. In future wmaybe you will find some performance potential in that game option.

EDIT

Latest svn Iam able to upgrade units inside enemy teritory

Fixed on latest SVN

1. downloaded V32, it changed America to Apache, because America had been renamed United States. Is there any way for me to change my civ back to the US?

2. Military Standard Big Cat has no animal that can build it. Needs to be fixed.

1. downloaded V32, it changed America to Apache, because America had been renamed United States. Is there any way for me to change my civ back to the US?d.

Nope sorry. Only way is to go back and play your OLD version.

Moderator Action: Closed by request, please use the current thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom