Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Rev 7675:

Game won't start, loading window simply disappears on 'loading uncached xml'. No error messages.

See SVN thread that was posted hours ago already.

Sorry, I have woken up this morning with a terrible cold and am having trouble seeing the screen let alone focusing on what is wrong with my last change. Can some one remove that revision? I am going back to bed.

Sorry, I have woken up this morning with a terrible cold and am having trouble seeing the screen let alone focusing on what is wrong with my last change. Can some one remove that revision? I am going back to bed.

From what i can see its missing ALL the buildings with the SONG on the end.

Here is the save. 50civ .dll SVN 7656.

Has Custom Civs - these will be replaced at game load.

I have 1 Wonder that reduces by 50% upgrade costs.

I have checked Traits, Civics and World and National Wonders in case anything else effected upgrades - did not spot anything obvious.

Note: Ignore the low turn count 70+ - it really about turn 630+. I reloaded the WB.save as a scenario after about 560 turns. Thats what reset the turn count.

You will get about 5 "Non-Fatal Load" warnings (Custom Civs. being replaced).

The unit above Athens will upgrade, amongst others.

Ok, got the save and will take a look as soon as I can. Thanks!

Martial Arts requires Taoism (the religion, not just the tech) but the buildings for it (two normal buildings + wonder) do not require it, they just do not function. (I dont have a great prophet right now so I cant see if they will work once I get taosim).

Martial Arts requires Taoism (the religion, not just the tech) but the buildings for it (two normal buildings + wonder) do not require it, they just do not function. (I dont have a great prophet right now so I cant see if they will work once I get taosim).

Known and fixed and awaiting some other fixes to be finalized to be committed along with them. ;)

@SO: Sorry... looks like my suspicions about the problem have proven false (though I managed to address another major issue along the way) and I'm back to trying to sort through it. This error leaves room for guesswork and that's about it so I've no idea how long it will take at this point - though I may do a thuggish modification in the dll to keep it from ever being a problem again (for play - not so much a real fix for the AI though.)

I believe this is a new python error??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Revolution", line 627, in onEndPlayerTurn
File "Revolution", line 6259, in launchRevolution
File "Revolution", line 6847, in spawnRevolutionaries
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isGovernmentCenter'

Whatever actions I take during turn time, game always CTD at the end of turn in the save attachment.

Attachments

• BC-3479.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Whatever actions I take during turn time, game always CTD at the end of turn in the save attachment.
I'll take a look.

CTD when clicking on next turn,, BIG game
And I'll take a look here too.

Note: I did get a fix complete for the hang. You won't like the results of the next round though ;) I've gotta hand it to the AI, they're quite violent during this era when they go to war.

Different game: Ranged Bombardment is not working at all?? See pic 1/2 Not even listed??
This is an older game right? Since most of the values were assigned to the base unitcombats and unitcombat values are attached to the unit when the unitcombat is assigned to it (during the process of manifesting the unit into the game) it tends to be stuck with whatever unitcombat values it had at creation. I suspect that your units there may have been created before the values were given to the unitcombats. But I could be wrong and it could be a problem. Did you just create those units new in this game?

The Debug DLL said:
Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 5239
SVN-Rev: 7680
Expression: stricmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message: info type 'BUILDING_KRAKEN_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

Assert Failed

Message: info type 'BUILDING_LEVIATHAN_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
Assert Failed

Message: info type 'BUILDING_MINKIE_WHALE_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
Assert Failed

Message: info type 'BUILDING_NARWHAL_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
Assert Failed

Message: info type 'BUILDING_ORCA_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
Assert Failed

Message: info type 'BUILDING_RAY_SONG' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
These MIGHT be a potential cause of crash scenarios but I'm still opening things to figure those out so I can't say for sure.

Not quite sure what the exact problem was here but I did encounter a loading bug that I fixed when trying to run your game. Playing through the turn seems successful so its possible something else was repaired that was causing this inadvertently.

@SO: You might want to try your game again under suspicion that whatever was the fault in his may have been the same and it may have now cleared up. I don't have time to debug or test any further tonight. Heading to bed! :sleep:

Note: I did get a fix complete for the hang. You won't like the results of the next round though ;) I've gotta hand it to the AI, they're quite violent during this era when they go to war.

Your right, man i lost a big city and am surprised attacked by 50ish more of the same:eek:
You are right though, i dont like the next turn:cry: but thx.:p;)

Now to the other 2 or 3, sorry:mischief: I am mainly just concerned more with the HUGE one, thx.

These MIGHT be a potential cause of crash scenarios but I'm still opening things to figure those out so I can't say for sure.

The XML code with those buildings in was the thing causing the CTDs on load. Until I am well enough to figure out what was wrong with it SO removed the Building Infos folder for me.

Your right, man i lost a big city and am surprised attacked by 50ish more of the same:eek:
You are right though, i dont like the next turn:cry: but thx.:p;)

Now to the other 2 or 3, sorry:mischief: I am mainly just concerned more with the HUGE one, thx.
Did you check your game as I asked in the post before yours?
I'll run it quick here before going to work to see what I can. Not much time to do anything about it til later tho.

The XML code with those buildings in was the thing causing the CTDs on load. Until I am well enough to figure out what was wrong with it SO removed the Building Infos folder for me.
Doesn't seem to be causing too much trouble at the moment but it does need fixed asap.

A recent change has made it so that the AI is not building any cities they stay with just their first city.
They're more reluctant by a small margin but in the bigger picture this is a good thing because they won't allow themselves to be so financially drained as they once were. They do seem to build more cities (so far as I've seen in all tests) just not with quite the abandon they had previously. I haven't worked elsewhere on anything that would be adjusting this.

Doesn't seem to be causing too much trouble at the moment but it does need fixed asap.

It is fixed as it stands.

The situation is normal in all mods that use WoC because it turns off the Infos leaving hanging Classes. It has been this way for years (about 6 years).

We can't do both in the XML because it checks for the existence of the Class before it checks to see if the Infos element will be kept.

So the check that gives that message needs to be fixed or the check on the Infos elements needs to check that the element will be loaded and all the existing andDependencies on Infos elements will need to be added to the Class XML for those elements.

They're more reluctant by a small margin but in the bigger picture this is a good thing because they won't allow themselves to be so financially drained as they once were. They do seem to build more cities (so far as I've seen in all tests) just not with quite the abandon they had previously. I haven't worked elsewhere on anything that would be adjusting this.

I was finding that they were expanding at about my speed or just a bit slower and were keeping up with me in tech etc. I play on Noble difficulty. They would normally have 3-6 cities by Sedentary Lifestyle. In my current game they still have 1 and I am about ready to expand to 11 after the consolidation needed at Sedentary Lifestyle.

I just discovered I did not have the absolute latest version.

Top Bottom