1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

???

How ?
    It is a new installation of BtS
    from where I get the files I have to replace?

edit: OK, found it at MS, thought I had it installed anyways.

just another question:

I downloaded the v35 and pls can post someone here the settings and the ini with that the fixed GEM included in v35 does work fine w/o memory allocation error on a Win7/64 with NVIDIA 4GB dedicated VRam ?
    Is here someone who tested it until its end?

I get a memory allocation error in later game, althought it is not yet at 3GB border.

2. chmoosi

chmoosi Chieftain

Mammoth riders have an erroneous power rating value! I built 15 of them and suddenly my power ratio went from around 0,3-0,5 to 200-400. Of course it's nice that no one will attack you and you can demand tribute as much as you want, but still.. maybe this needs fixing :)

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If your game starts using more than 2.2GB of ram you run the elevated risk of MAFs. If it's reaching 2.6G or more you can expect to have MAF at some point. The Mod will Definitely MAF if it ever hits 3GB. Try to keep ram usage under 2GB if at all possible.

Solution: Stop using more than 28 AI in a game (or any Option that allows more Civs to be generated during play) on any map larger than Large.

As for a "Fixed" GEM for v35, I don't think there is one yet. Nor has anyone had time to play it, if it is available, to conclusion with v35 as v35 was just released.

JosEPh

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

What is causing civilisation names to never revert back from the Provisional Authority name after a period of anarchy? I seem to recall Afforess saying something about this, but it's certainly affecting my game (D/L 17th August, rev. 7833).

At one point, shortly after my building Chichen Itza, the Mayans apparently managed to build Chichen Itza as well. This shouldn't happen, presumably.

The Omega Child Crew seems to have a severe problem with multipliers (see the screenshot). A base two hammers with a +25% modifier should not equal 9 hammers.

The Baird's tapir can be used for the Myth of the Boar and the Elephant. It's not a pachyderm of any type (I believe), so why does it fulfil the Elephant requirements. Likewise, why on earth does the platypus build the Myth of the Birds? I imagine that should build the Myth of the Marsupial only.

When you upgrade captives, no gold cost is listed but you are still assessed a cost regardless. This is not user-friendly at all.

For some reason, you can upgrade clubmen (and others) outside of your own cultural borders and even in other people's city radii. I very much doubt you should be able to do this.

Tree hollow housing never goes away. It does not appear to be replaced by anything, so my coastal capital of 60,000 people is still blighted by some people apparently still living in dead trees in the Iron Age!

A couple of the religions (Shamanism, for one) don't have functioning sound files. I get two similar error messages: could not set up 3D sample with handle ID3 or ID6.

Spartan culture is a separate wonder to Greek culture, apparently. Why??

Attached Files:

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

In actual real world stories the tapir is both an elephant and at other times a pig in disguise. Hence why they can build those Myths. :joke:If it really offends you, build a time machine and correct those silly ancestors and their stories.:lol:

Pachyderm is also an obsolete term that I use in its original meaning since I am using it before Biology and DNA techniques that obsoleted it.

The Platypus is not a marsupial it is a monotreme. Since it lays eggs it is a bird or reptile, I went with bird since penguins are birds.

As mentioned elsewhere, I put the cost on the Action Outcome XML for the unit that is upgrading. However I think it should be on the mission or outcome XML but that means that I will need to build/duplicate those since different units currently use the same mission (defines button) and outcome (mostly defines text and some definition of when valid)

I noticed this also. It happened when the sounds were audited. I'll add it to my list.

6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

That makes more sense, but since the only surviving monotremes are found in Australia and New Guinea, where 70% of the world's marsupials can also be found, it would make geographic sense to lump them in with the Myth of the Marsupial. I think it would be less immersion-breaking than classifying them as birds.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

They are also classed as fish as are penguins.

I probably do need to change the enclosure for both penguin and platypus to something else. Perhaps a flightless bird enclosure that can also be built by the ratites.

BtW I have just added in some tapir myths and stories. Also this is the wrong thread.

8. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

It is almost certainly the civics. The Python that picks a name is old and doesn't know about all the civics, or probably even some of the civic categories. It could even be looking for civics, or entire categories, that don't exist anymore.

Right. Should not happen.

Sure it should. The percent bonuses apply to all the production for the city, not just the production from the building that adds them (or a building that gives +25% but not a direct bonus would give 0).

9. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

it would be nice to have a Penguin enclosure as a building that the various penguin species could make instead of the ratites.

10. Isdariel

Isdariel Chieftain

When playing with the options "high and low" and "minor civs" the following can occur (or rather, just occured in my game):
    When reaching the top, you get the lowest civ, which is a minor civ. Because your civ is a "real" minor civ you are now excluded from diplomacy forever, even after researching writing.

I assume this is not intended and furthermore assume that this is the case only because all civs are labeled "minor" by the "minor civs" option - which then results in the "high and low" option to be unable to distinguish between real minors and those able to grow up.
    If I'm wrong and this is in fact intended I shall add that it is highly unintuitive for new players like myself.

Edit: Sorry, I guess this should've gone into the "after 18th August" threads. This thread is still linked to in the FAQ, however.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Welcome to CFC and C2C, that is two bugs.:D

I have asked the author of the FAQ to change the link. The other problem will require action by someone else. It is probably a problem in RoM:AND2 also since I think that is where we got that option and its code from.

12. Duinhir

Duinhir Chieftain

Hi!

I maid a specific post, but it seems the good post for bug report is this one.

So... I installed C2C 2 weeks ago (V35 I believe, I'm playing on a laptop with Windows 7) and everything seems to be working well... excepted when I hit F1 or click on the cityscreen button, no cityscreen appears. the other conseillor appear with button click or function key hit

If this a known bug, a configuration problem?

13. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Tested it now and for my copy of C2C pressing F1 open this screen.