Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
windows 7

It may not be enough to just enable civ to run as an admin because it then reopens c2c thereafter and it may then not be running as an admin. Basically, it should be setup so that you run everything as an admin.

That MIGHT be the fix.

Otherwise I'd have to think you may have a corrupted download, which does happen now and then.

I have a possible bug. I have fish right next to a city with a fishing boat built on it but am not getting the resource showing up in that city.

Attachments

• James - C2C Ver36.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 89
I have a possible bug. I have fish right next to a city with a fishing boat built on it but am not getting the resource showing up in that city.

Until you tech qualify to trade fish, you won't. Some XML/Pedia investigation work should precede any code check here.

EDIT: This is on v36 standard download right? So the only thing I can really suggest since you can't see fish without being able to trade it if you access it, is that you may be looking at a case of caching. I would imagine it would clear up within a round or two.

I'm having trouble getting it to work. When I try to load the mod I get a ton of error messages, and if I slog through them I can get the mod to work but I don't see any action buttons or other information, rather just the units and the map.

I had the same problem because I just copied/pasted v36 on v35.
Delete your cavemantocosmos folder before installing v36 and it should be fine (worked for me).

Until you tech qualify to trade fish, you won't. Some XML/Pedia investigation work should precede any code check here.

EDIT: This is on v36 standard download right? So the only thing I can really suggest since you can't see fish without being able to trade it if you access it, is that you may be looking at a case of caching. I would imagine it would clear up within a round or two.

Well it turns out that I needed the sailing tech to get the fish to show up so this one isn't a bug. I'm sorry again for any trouble I may have caused.

I have researched Sericulture (Apiculture and Textile loom) and should be able to build a Silk farm. The option does not appear in the worker actions.

The bonus is in my territory but not in the City vicinity if that makes a difference.

Did you copy v36 over v35 by any chance? If yes please use an empty folder and copy over usersettings and maybe autolog from the old version.

I hadn't. I erased my last version (33) and installed a new folder.

I erased my current v36 and put in another v36 and now while I still get about 40 error messages when it loads (mostly telling me it can't find something in the asset folder) the game itself is running fine at least so far.

Well it turns out that I needed the sailing tech to get the fish to show up so this one isn't a bug. I'm sorry again for any trouble I may have caused.
All good. This is something I'm working on a few details regarding in the SVN version so I had to question how it was taking place.

Again, the difference between being able to see and work a tile and being able to access the resource is something that's had a little more application here than it was in Vanilla. I get confused by it myself at times.

I have researched Sericulture (Apiculture and Textile loom) and should be able to build a Silk farm. The option does not appear in the worker actions.

The bonus is in my territory but not in the City vicinity if that makes a difference.
Might it be the type of worker doesn't have access to that particular build action? What worker are you trying to use?

Might it be the type of worker doesn't have access to that particular build action? What worker are you trying to use?

I tried a worker and a dog worker.

After my post I went into WB and placed a silk resource next to a city. I was able to build a plantation on that one.

I tried a worker and a dog worker.

After my post I went into WB and placed a silk resource next to a city. I was able to build a plantation on that one.

Maybe it's an issue with the Silk Farm in particular or workers just weren't given access to it.

DH?

Maybe it's an issue with the Silk Farm in particular or workers just weren't given access to it.

DH?

To be clear the Silk Farm (or Plantation) is the map one - not the building.

Checking the map again - could it be because I placed the Silk bonus on a swamp (which in Ancient era - I can not drain).

To be clear the Silk Farm (or Plantation) is the map one - not the building.

Checking the map again - could it be because I placed the Silk bonus on a swamp (which in Ancient era - I can not drain).

Looks like it:
Code:
		<BuildInfo>
			<Type>BUILD_SILK_FARM</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILD_SILK_FARM</Description>
			<Help/>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_SERICULTURE</PrereqTech>
			<iTime>500</iTime>
			<iCost>0</iCost>
			<bKill>0</bKill>
			<ImprovementType>IMPROVEMENT_SILK_FARM</ImprovementType>
			<RouteType>NONE</RouteType>
			<EntityEvent>ENTITY_EVENT_BUILD</EntityEvent>
			<FeatureStructs>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_JUNGLE</FeatureType>
					<PrereqTech>TECH_IRON_WORKING</PrereqTech>
					<iTime>400</iTime>
					<iProduction>20</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
					<bCanRemoveWithNoProductionGain>1</bCanRemoveWithNoProductionGain>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_MANGROVE</FeatureType>
					<PrereqTech>TECH_IRON_WORKING</PrereqTech>
					<iTime>400</iTime>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST</FeatureType>
					<PrereqTech>TECH_BRONZE_WORKING</PrereqTech>
					<iTime>300</iTime>
					<iProduction>30</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT</FeatureType>
					<iTime>500</iTime>
					<iProduction>60</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_BAMBOO</FeatureType>
					<iTime>300</iTime>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_NEW_FOREST</FeatureType>
					<iTime>300</iTime>
					<iProduction>30</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_BURNT_FOREST</FeatureType>
					<iTime>400</iTime>
					<iProduction>5</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_SWORD_GRASS</FeatureType>
					<PrereqTech>TECH_SLASH_AND_BURN</PrereqTech>
					<iTime>300</iTime>
					<iProduction>0</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
				<FeatureStruct>
					<FeatureType>FEATURE_SWAMP</FeatureType>
					<PrereqTech>TECH_WATERWORKS</PrereqTech>
					<iTime>800</iTime>
					<iProduction>0</iProduction>
					<bRemove>1</bRemove>
				</FeatureStruct>
Looks like the tech prereq for building a silk farm in a swamp is Waterworks (which is the tech Canal Systems.)

Looks like it:

Looks like the tech prereq for building a silk farm in a swamp is Waterworks (which is the tech Canal Systems.)

Thanks for clearing that up.

TB - which XML file is that?

So if I have a similar problem with other resources, I can check it first - instead of posting a false bug report.

It is a change 1000001 introduced when rationalising the bonuses. I did and still do not agree with it. People have been mining in bogs/swamps way back in the ancient era. Ever hear of bog iron?

Thanks for clearing that up.

TB - which XML file is that?

So if I have a similar problem with other resources, I can check it first - instead of posting a false bug report.

Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4BuildInfos.xml

@DH: This particular build was for the Silk Farm... I don't know if mines are as restricted but of course that's our option to set it that way or not.

Hi All,
Downloaded and installed latest version. When game loads, there is no interface showing
on the screen. I note two(2) messages at the top of the screen:
1) Cannot Locate Bug Settings Folder(forgot to write down the exact wording)
2) No Valid Data Directory Containing User Settings Found

I've tried using the hot keys for both the "minimum interface" and "no interface"
and nothing changes. First time I've had this happen in any version.

Thanks,

Hi All,
Downloaded and installed latest version. When game loads, there is no interface showing
on the screen. I note two(2) messages at the top of the screen:
1) Cannot Locate Bug Settings Folder(forgot to write down the exact wording)
2) No Valid Data Directory Containing User Settings Found

I've tried using the hot keys for both the "minimum interface" and "no interface"
and nothing changes. First time I've had this happen in any version.

Thanks,
Last time this came up it was an indicator that the player had pasted the new mod data over the old mod data. You must delete the old mod folder and paste the new one in fresh from the download.

Thunderbrd,
Thx for your reply. I deleted the existing C2C folder prior to installing the new version.
Did that a cpl of more times and reinstalled just to make sure, with the same result.
Just to make sure it was not something with BTS, I loaded a BTS game and the usual
interface was there, so whatever the problem is, it is appears to be specific with the
mod. Any more ideas?

Thx

Please post full path to yours Caveman2Cosmos Assets directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom