1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Speaking of native culture: the AI in my game has a few cities with Neanderthal culture. And that stays that way apparently forever. Which feels ahistorical as Neanderthals died out 30K years ago. I think that Neanderthal cities should always be razed when conquered by homo sapiens.

(and yes, I have had my DNA tested. And according to 23andme I myself am 2,7% descended from Neanderthals, which apparently is the European average)

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The same thing happens when a barbarian captures a city. While it is barbarian it keeps its base culture but if it is conquered by anyone it looses it.

3. GohmaGaiden

GohmaGaiden Chieftain

Playing latest SVN (9271). In the Industrial Era, researching Foreign Policy. When I end the turn (And get the tech), the game freezes and I have to open the task manager to exit. I then see a prompt on my desktop with the following message:

Assert Failed

File: CvArtFileMgr.cpp
    Line: 109
    SVN-Rev: 9271
    Expression: false
    Message: ArtInfo: 'ART_DEF_GREAT_PERSON_SELAHADINE_EYUBI' was not found

----------------------------------------------------------

Any replays of the save result in the same freeze and message.

4. Winter Warrior

Winter Warrior Chieftain

[9271] These errors pop up when I try to load the mod.

Screenshot of errors: http://imgur.com/XSlyLNV

The mod installation was corrupted somehow, I did a clean install and now it loads up fine.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

While there may be some legitimate gripes about the way assimilation is currently programmed, I won't be attempting to address them because the way I see it, assimilation is only a short term solution, a patch for now. It will eventually be replaced by a more elegant heritage influence system as I've discussed in the Ideas Project threads. I've even taken a few steps towards that goal already but there's too much to debug at the moment to make headway there and a few other projects that take greater priority still. But maybe within a version or two.

6. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

7. TrippedOnACloud

TrippedOnACloud Warlord

Vercingetorix, the Averni culture's Hero, is showing up as TXT_KEY_UNIT_VERCINGETORIX. Presumably there's a typo somewhere in its XML.

Regarding Assimilation-related stuff, ok. Wasn't aware that it's still only a stopgap, but I haven't the time or inclination to read through the thousands of posts in this forum, so that's hardly a surprise.

Incidentally, the current SVN feels quite stable to me, and has been for some time. Is there any particular reason a V37 release isn't scheduled, just to stop a lot of the issues arising from V36 or otherwise out of date installations?

8. Harrier

Harrier Deity

So, I guess you have seen the TV program "Ancient Aliens" also? :);).

It postulates that Egyptian Pharoah's sailed to Australia about 8000 years ago. It is supoosed to explain why carvings found on stone in the Blue Mountains are similar to hyrogliphics. :egypt::eekdance:

But this is the answer: (plus Ocean)

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

V37 is going to be the one to break saves. We still have some changes to do that will break saves. We want them all in one release rather than breaking saves again with v38.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's a few months backed up in the debug queue. These things no longer happen overnight. But the good news is I'm catching up quickly here lately and anything that could break saves must wait until all crashes and hangs have been debugged because those can't be corrected after breaking saves. So that means the really big project fixes will have to wait until these smaller issues are resolved, meaning this will be done with a bit more priority, regardless of the order in which it was posted.

It's stable but there are some serious bugs in there that may destabilize it to fix. There's still a few possible outcomes here that may indicate the need to again break compatibility, as DH mentions, and until that's behind us for good, as far as we can tell anyhow, then we're reluctant to post a final version because we really want to make sure this is the one and only version that breaks compatibility for a very long time to come.

11. Winter Warrior

Winter Warrior Chieftain

[9271] Nothing has been done to mitigate rebelliousness? My capital is (again) in revolt by turn 14. http://imgur.com/ZlYFDq8 And that's an endless cycle, you can't research anything to pacify your people fast enough. *sigh* Guess I'll have to start another game with revolts disabled.

12. Parsec

Parsec Chieftain

Interesting screenshot....
    i had the same problem... but only if the use a fast game-speed (regarding your turn-counter it is a fast one)... in slow games there are only sometimes a problem, but never in the capital city...

edit:
    i play always with revolution on

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If you would use the Special tab in the left hand side of the city screen you would see what is affecting your city better.

But without that Special list showing It looks like you ignored Education too long. While it is only at -13 with +3, as long as you are below 0 early game you have Health and More important for Rev happiness issues. Community Discussion would have been my 3rd building built after Alpha male and then Alpha Female.

And I don't recall seeing anyone but you having problems with Rev this early. And yes Normal gamespeed is a challenge with Rev On.

What difficulty level are you playing?

Looks like a mismanaged start.

JosEPh

14. glaucus.b

glaucus.b Chieftain

[9271] Hi guys. The mode is really getting better. Thanks

In the game I have attached, it seems that I can build a bird cage with subdued brown bear. The bear is in the city Mutal.

In the same game if I want to add an animal to the cultural heritage tale, Lakamha gives 70 culture and 35 science. This is 4 times more than the other cities.

Here is the attachment:

Attached Files:

15. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

@ DH

cant the water buffalo/worker unit not build certain items i tried and the tools thingy isnt listed??

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Why does Lookout Post go Obsolete at Masonry Tech? That's not right no matter what reason.

@SO,
    When did the Water Buffalo Worker become a Settler? :dunno:

JosEPh

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I believe that was when TB changed around the criminal units back when, and i am pretty sure he knows about this already, and is working on it, but not 2 sure.? > (shouldn't the sentry post be avail then, not 2 sure either . . .

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

need to fix this.

No but a known problem that's been narrowed down to a cause somewhere in the civic changes that have been made.

No this is a huge problem since the civic changes introduced it. Revolt starts happening before any options to mitigate revolt are even introduced to the player.

Yeah, it's a known bug to fix. Minor but discovered later than more major things. I might try to find the right obsoletion point this weekend. Should be at least the tech that unlocks the upgrade AFTER the next. It might be something that came about as a result of a merging file at some point.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If I remember correctly the % is a special character in the text. If you want a % you have to enter %% especially if you are using the text with a variable ie where the 50 comes from.

edit I can't find "Researches the tech" in the text files or the python so I don't know how it is added to the pedia or how it is translated into non-English languages.
    I did find one on the TRAITS but not one which looks like the error.​

edit2 The Observation Post etc going obsolete is Hydro's design. He has this happening with a number of building lines to force you to "upgrade". It has always been a pain especially for cities that need something but can't afford the most recent. A better way with these security buildings is needed but has not been thought out yet.

20. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

I know that it is not a 24-hour-long case, but few MONTHS? You are kidding, right? I hope so, but if you are not, the only reasonable solution to my crash is getting rid of the buggy mod and/or uninstall the game completely. Nobody waits months for troubleshooting/support for anything, guys :(.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.