Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that sounds very reasonable, and more than likely exactly what is happening . . .

maybe some kind of coding like you did with NotSoGoods animals placement, just guessing . .

I didn't do any coding in Animal Placement. It uses the event system instead since Animal Placement can only be for the Great Farmer and no other units.

I didn't do any coding in Animal Placement. It uses the event system instead since Animal Placement can only be for the Great Farmer and no other units.

I thought you did something, whereas you could NOT place a "resource" ON TOP of another resource, coding someplace??

I thought you did something, whereas you could NOT place a "resource" ON TOP of another resource, coding someplace??

Of course. But that is in the bit that displays the button or not.

edit if I move it into the "do" code I will need to change the mission/outcome to not remove the unit and remove it in the "do" code if successful.

I just never thought to test it with a stack of units.:blush:

2) Resources provided by buildings are available before they have been enabled by the appropriate tech.
Fixed but do watch for it to behave properly.

After the latest couple of SVN commits, i now get this everytime i load a game??

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugInit", line 128, in callInits
File "MusicUpdate", line 32, in init
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\random.py", line 249, in choice
IndexError: list index out of range

which i believe is someone left out some line(s) that needed to be in their XML files?? or schema's??

maybe its the Beastmaster_unitinfo's one? (dont know for sure if you can leave out lines anymore??

Latest SVN 8797 D/l'd just minutes ago. What happened to maintenance? I went from +196 gold/turn after Re-Calc to -212 gold/turn 2 turns later. A 400 gold swing in 2 turns? Crime and Disease are under control in all cities but Maint. just went thru the roof. Went from 100% Research to 0% and am still -18 gold/turn in hole. What's up?

EDIT: Was also notified by pop up that my next to newest city could no longer build Dog breeder building? Huh??? What lacking resource stops you from building the Dog breeder?

Save games can be provided for Re-Calc turn and last turn.

JosEPh

Latest SVN 8797 D/l'd just minutes ago. What happened to maintenance? I went from +196 gold/turn after Re-Calc to -212 gold/turn 2 turns later. A 400 gold swing in 2 turns? Crime and Disease are under control in all cities but Maint. just went thru the roof. Went from 100% Research to 0% and am still -18 gold/turn in hole. What's up?

EDIT: Was also notified by pop up that my next to newest city could no longer build Dog breeder building? Huh??? What lacking resource stops you from building the Dog breeder?

JosEPh
It's possible your cities may have lost access to some manufactured resources that the nation didn't qualify to trade yet. Whatever you lost access to it must've hit you pretty hard.

I just restructured the way the code does this just a little bit to ensure it's not an issue with a bug. A cursory look at manufactured resources suggests almost all of them are set to the same tech that reveals them and iirc, this is almost always the same tech that opens up the building that allows them to be created. So I'm a little surprised you'd be much impacted by this.

Still, that's about the only change that would explain anything changing in regards to gold.

EDIT: Your edit may explain it quite well actually. Check with the next dll going up in a few minutes.

JosEPh

Check again with a recalc after the latest SVN. If it's still kicking out your Dog Breeder (due to no access to the Dog bonus) then I'm going to have to rethink how to approach the project and at first I would need to at least revert my efforts there so far.

I would imagine that if it clears things up then the gold issue should be resolved as well.

EDIT: After considering your statement I started investigating further, suspecting I might not have something right - I had forgotten how unusual the methods are that are used to tally accessed bonuses. I THINK I have it right now and I'm pretty sure I did NOT on the last commit. So again, third time is probably the charm here. But let me know for sure k?

I again am getting that error i listed in post # 25, ,

I did a complete assets change from the SVN 4 times, and it still does this error?? on all my saves, even if i start a NEW game, same thing / /(i deleted the stuff inside the assets/customassets/logs/ directory in "My Games" /

EDIT: OK i "reverted" back to 8795 and it works fine, so it HAS to be something DH committed, that is wrong . . .

DH, did you leave OUT any lines??

DH, did you leave OUT any lines??

I always leave out lines. It is faster to load C2C that way. Rwn did a lot of work removing lots of lines and reordering them also.

I noticed that some schemas have changed so it is more likely that the ones I added are no out of date. Although it is only terrain and feature schemas that have changed an I am not using them.

I always leave out lines. It is faster to load C2C that way. Rwn did a lot of work removing lots of lines and reordering them also.

I noticed that some schemas have changed so it is more likely that the ones I added are no out of date. Although it is only terrain and feature schemas that have changed an I am not using them.

A few tags were added. Those schemas didn't have anything not included on the core schema did they? I thought that was one of our team rules to keep all schemas synced to the core!

I suppose I might have to take a careful look at that update and do compares on those schemas to see if I accidentally removed something that wasn't included in the core terrain schema.

A few tags were added. Those schemas didn't have anything not included on the core schema did they? I thought that was one of our team rules to keep all schemas synced to the core!

I suppose I might have to take a careful look at that update and do compares on those schemas to see if I accidentally removed something that wasn't included in the core terrain schema.

I am not getting any errors so I will need to do another install from the SVN to see what is going on. That way I should soon figure out if it is a file I forgot in the upload.

I am keeping my schemas synced with core and there were no changes to the schemas I am using in that update.

Yeah, I'm not finding anything missing from one of the old ones that isn't in the new ones. Some were terribly out of date but that's ok if the files they were supporting didn't need the new tags.

From SO's report it appears to me to be a missing audio file for background music that was expected but not found. But I suppose there's other reasons for music files to go missing.

Hi, I have problem with starting game in this mod. I am able to load mod, but when I try use "custom game" or "play scenerio" option, pick my civ etc. game starts loading, but after a while it crashes to desktop wihout any error message :((

Hi, I have problem with starting game in this mod. I am able to load mod, but when I try use "custom game" or "play scenerio" option, pick my civ etc. game starts loading, but after a while it crashes to desktop wihout any error message :((

Yeah i had that happen alot lately also, what you need to do is, start "regular" BtS. Then in that start load a mod, C2C. see if that works, if not try again same thing, till it loads, then after it loads, it will be ok from then on, i hope. .

Thing is that C2C mod is actually loaded. I can pick C2C scenarios or civs. But game crashes while i start scenario, exactly while "Init graphics".

Thing is that C2C mod is actually loaded. I can pick C2C scenarios or civs. But game crashes while i start scenario, exactly while "Init graphics".

That sounds like an issue with your graphics card.

Just tried the latest SVN again, NOW its working, so what ever was just changed FIXED the problem, what ever that was, thx . . .SO

EDIT: But after the latest SVN, now it is taking over 20-30 seconds LONGER in turn times, AGAIN??????

What are your PC specs?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4,00 GB
Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7470M

Generally speaking Civ4 BtS works without any problems, but not for this mod.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4,00 GB
Graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7470M

Generally speaking Civ4 BtS works without any problems, but not for this mod.

4 gig is not much RAM for Win7. How much free RAM do you have before starting C2C?

This mod is an order of magnitude bigger than vanilla BtS (or any other mod I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom