Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got 204:science: from a GOODY_HIGH_GOLD after two turns in the game. That is way too much at start of the game since that was worth almost 4 techs.

Just got this error again, i know DH fixed this a while ago, but its back??

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 171, in getHelpHolyMountain1

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
CyTranslator.getText(CyTranslator, str, int)
did not match C++ signature:
getText(class CyTranslator {lvalue}, char const *, class boost::python::tuple {lvalue})
ERR: Python function getHelpHolyMountain1 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

I just got 204:science: from a GOODY_HIGH_GOLD after two turns in the game. That is way too much at start of the game since that was worth almost 4 techs.

hmm... I'd not suspected it would mean that much towards techs since it was only copied values from the gold drops. But it does occur to me that the tech cost is probably based a lot on game speed (though I think this adjusts for that already just as the gold drop does) so maybe the best/easiest way to rearrange this would be to have this drop give a range of % of the cost of the current tech being researched. This could still exceed the amount needed but it would also mean that only one pair of goody results would be necessary and it wouldn't need to adjust by era.

I'll get right on that.

Just got this error again, i know DH fixed this a while ago, but its back??

File "CvRandomEventInterface", line 171, in getHelpHolyMountain1

ArgumentError: Python argument types in
CyTranslator.getText(CyTranslator, str, int)
did not match C++ signature:
getText(class CyTranslator {lvalue}, char const *, class boost::python::tuple {lvalue})
ERR: Python function getHelpHolyMountain1 failed, module CvRandomEventInterface

I need both the PythonDbg and PythonErr log files to find this error. I probably missed something else when I did the fix for religions without cathedrals.

Mea Culpa. instead of having a part_3 I had two part_2 to the text elements for the message and it is part_2 that causes the problem!

hmm... I'd not suspected it would mean that much towards techs since it was only copied values from the gold drops. But it does occur to me that the tech cost is probably based a lot on game speed (though I think this adjusts for that already just as the gold drop does) so maybe the best/easiest way to rearrange this would be to have this drop give a range of % of the cost of the current tech being researched. This could still exceed the amount needed but it would also mean that only one pair of goody results would be necessary and it wouldn't need to adjust by era.

I'll get right on that.

Done.

And I've been getting No Hostile units when it's a Hostile result.

@T-brd,
Has that been fixed in the last commit? Am still on 8823.

EDIT: I see 8825 Only addressed the Research Rate. Goody Huts that give Hostile results spawn No Hostile Units.

JosEPh

@T-brd,

EDIT: I see 8825 Only addressed the Research Rate. Goody Huts that give Hostile results spawn No Hostile Units.

JosEPh

I saw someone had been having an issue with that but I didn't realize it was still a problem. I thought it MIGHT have been a fluke.

Probably shouldn't be tough to spot the flaw. I'll take a looksie.

@all who just thanked me... well... it was my mistake so I felt the need to get it fixed pronto. My apologies for introducing an error in the first place.

@T-brd,

JosEPh

Fixed and tested with 8826 - it worked on this end.

We have been talking about pathing in the past. Now look at the attached screenshot!

BTW: Another thing that´s annoying about pathing: When a unit is following the intended path and sees an enemy unit after the 1st step then the path is changed around this unit which could mean a huge detour. This behaviour is wrong: The unit should stop walking when it sees an enemy and shouldn´t try to walk around it (I think this happens only when the enemy is seen in the turn the unit starts walking).

Attachments

• pathing1.jpg
    pathing1.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 71
Yeah. Pathing has its issues, that's for sure. It's just... too much for me to disseminate at the moment. I'm getting better at this though so perhaps someday.

If I could implement a wish on a similar note, it would be nice if when a unit is interrupted along a path and it does stop (as it should) due to a spotted enemy, it would somehow mark the map where the unit had originally intended to go so you can remember its original purpose.

Thank you, Thunderbrd for fixing my crash.
I am really enjoying this very detailed game, And hope to finish it.

Latest SVN update has file paths that are too long to copy from the SVN folder to the working folder.

15 files, all scorpion_black or scorpion_ice

Latest SVN update has file paths that are too long to copy from the SVN folder to the working folder.

15 files, all scorpion_black or scorpion_ice

Wont cause problems in the game as there are no units that use those art files. Which is why they are stored where they are. To remind me to add them.

I'll remove them from the SVN with my next update which will be in 5 minutes or so.

Latest SVN, we get this AGAIN

File "BugInit", line 128, in callInits
File "MusicUpdate", line 32, in init
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\random.py", line 249, in choice
IndexError: list index out of range

same thing happened back in post @ 25 . . .

EDIT Was good to 8824 . .

Latest SVN, we get this AGAIN

File "BugInit", line 128, in callInits
File "MusicUpdate", line 32, in init
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\random.py", line 249, in choice
IndexError: list index out of range

same thing happened back in post @ 25 . . .

EDIT Was good to 8824 . .

That is not even one of ours. Looks like we will need to copy it to C2C and update it for us. I'll look at it this afternoon if I remember:mischief:

edit It is probably my choice of what happens when you attack a srt 0 subdued animal. I did not use the capture tag but left the subdue outcome in the KillOutcome so that the unit would teleport back to your nearest city.

That is not even one of ours. Looks like we will need to copy it to C2C and update it for us. I'll look at it this afternoon if I remember:mischief:

dont know what you mean here, i was thinking it was like last time, it had something to do with the NEW schema or something like that?? just guessing:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom