Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
These screenshots don't appear to me to prove that barbs are taking goody huts. It looks like the hut was known about there but when you went and put visibility on the plot, it had been taken by then.

Let's say you get a map result from a goody hut. It will show you where the goodies currently are on the 'exposed' plots. But if another civilization has moved through it by the time you get there and put visibility on the plot, it will appear to be 'taken' as you arrive. If a barbarian unit (such as the animal in the pic there) happens to currently be on that plot, the animation of the removal of the goody hut can make it appear that the unit 'took' the hut when in fact they just happen to be there already.

That's my suspicion of how this played out.

Barbs patently cannot obtain goody huts and since the last time I made any changes to that region of code I've seen barbs appropriately go and stand on a goody hut's plot without taking the hut themselves. In fact, this happened in my most recent test scenario setup so I KNOW the code hasn't been changed to allow it.

I understand that, I was shocked, I reloaded 4x had different animals take the hut. I was leaving it there for my scout to take, it was a valid hut. Elephant, 2 bears and a jaguar took it. I saw it happen there for certain, but I haven't seen it again since. Seems like bad syntax in the code perhaps?

I wish I kept the save, thought I did but no. :rolleyes:

Ok looks like i fixed the AI gold bug... also the AI does not build to much useless units that they cant affort. Best is with this setting the AI also stills build enouth new citys, but saves enouth gold before they build a new city, same as the player will do.

So you have to change this form 40 to <iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal> to make this work (Then the AI is able to handle gold correctly and still builds enouth citys, AI is increasing there gold reserves also slowly now):

\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

<!-- Size Matters Most end -->
<!-- AI Gold Slider Safety Percent begin -->
<!-- This is the BASE amount of slider allocation required towards gold that the AI feels comfortable with -->
<!-- It noteworthily affects how much tolerance the AI has where it feels ready to grow -->
<!-- Reduce to make the AI more sensitive to gold concerns and increase for more reckless behavior -->
<!-- This may be rather interesting to convert to an AI personality matter or at least give a personality based modifier eventually -->
<!-- Original Value was set to 50 - I've adjusted to 40.-->
<Define>
<DefineName>SAFE_GOLD_PERCENT</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

Only one problem still exist as it looks like, the AI cant build anti crime buildings effectivly, so the -15 gold at mugging crime is makeing all new founded citys for the AI with some maintainance to -20 gold maintainance, the -15 gold has to be removed or the crime has to be pushed back to masonry, so AI maybe can build police units, but best should be to take all -gold from the crimes. AI cant handle this as it looks like. Look up the screenshots from australia for that.

Ignore the -gold from the player USA in the map screenshots, its because i placed special agents to look into the AI civs. USA player had also +gold with this setting. Autralia has already the crime mugging hitting him, so all his citys produce -15 gold for him now and he has 4 citys now, all other civs in the screenshots dont have the mugging crime now and they still in positiv gold. 4 citys 4 * -15 gold = -60 gold, now the australia civ has -61 gold, so normaly they will have -1 gold with my fix now.

Look up this save and the screenshots (In my scenario thread page 3: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14088629#post14088629) from a marathon game, all civs do good now, only australia not because the crime mugging crime hits all of his new founded citys. AI is with my change now able to conserve gold correctly, also they still found enouth new citys. Otherwise a new founded city should give +15 gold from start as ground income to fix this last problem, best is remove all -gold from crimes. At least on all crimes before masonry, but we have to see if the AI is able to fight crime with police units after masonry, otherwise all -gold has to be removed from all crimes.

EDIT: Where are the -gold added to the crimes in the mod? I will remove that -gold on crimes completely or reduce it by 80%, then the AI should work fine with the other changes.

So you have to change this form 40 to <iDefineIntVal>10</iDefineIntVal> to make this work (Then the AI is able to handle gold correctly and still builds enouth citys, AI is increasing there gold reserves also slowly now):

This will increase revolutions or is it decrease (I have not had my morning coffee yet) either way it will have an impact on revolutions.

This will increase revolutions or is it decrease (I have not had my morning coffee yet) either way it will have an impact on revolutions.

Will only affect revolutions in the way that the AI will not spiral to revolution and dead because the "Financial problems" that will increase the revolution will not happen to mutch to the AI now, so thats good. No other effect on revolutions i think, all looks fine there, they still worsing slowly.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 77
  • Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 52
Will only affect revolutions in the way that the AI will not spiral to revolution and dead because the "Financial problems" that will increase the revolution will not happen to mutch to the AI now, so thats good. No other effect on revolutions i think, all looks fine there, they still worsing slowly.

So a much bigger effect than I thought. It removes the chance of revolutions happening.

It simply makes the AI more gold conscious. It doesn't directly impact revolutions, only indirectly. It may be worth further exploring for the core if it does help in his scenario. I would've guessed it would cut off the AI expansion efforts.

So a much bigger effect than I thought. It removes the chance of revolutions happening.

It sets the revolutions to happen normal, otherwise every civ will have revolution fast. Its still increasing revo but not so fast. Also the AI will have times in war and bad times to still get financial problems, so they will get revo faster then.

So will you take all -gold from all crimes before masonry? Or push all crimes with -gold back after masonry? Otherwise let me know where these values set in the mod, i will change it because it will disrupt the AI.

<snip>

So will you take all -gold from all crimes before masonry? Or push all crimes with -gold back after masonry? Otherwise let me know where these values set in the mod, i will change it because it will disrupt the AI.

No. There are more planned changes. Perhaps a bit of Patience on your end would help.

JosEPh

As you see the mugging crime -15 gold it the only problem still left currently now for the AI that makes them alot of -gold, look screenshot australia 4 citys -60 gold... yeah take your time i change that so long by my self, no problem.

CTD on last SVN.
Division by zero

Attachments

• MiniDump_8927.7z
    11.6 KB · Views: 41
  • AutoSave_48500 av. J-C..CivBeyondSwordSave.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
As you see the mugging crime -15 gold it the only problem still left currently now for the AI that makes them alot of -gold, look screenshot australia 4 citys -60 gold... yeah take your time i change that so long by my self, no problem.

Mugging is not the root of your problem. See your Scenario thread for Why the AI is struggling mightly for +:gold: in your Eternity based Scenario at start and early part of game play. It also affects All games also not just yours.

I'm working on getting a balance in the area that is sucking the AI dry, and it's Not Crime. :)

JosEPh

There are many buildings in later eras that assume that the game has been started on prehistoric or ancient. When starting with the Industrial Era, but especially on Modern, it becomes very difficult to built anything requiring trading post or paper, unless one waits until factories with electrical power are available and modern offices can be built, a very long process that requires many unique resources.
-- One would think that a civilization in the modern era would still be able to make sails or paper by hand, if it had to. -- Is this a design decision? Otherwise, is there an easy fix, such as making the trading post available in all eras, to be disabled only when Modern Offices are build?
-- I like starting on later eras, because it seems the only way to get to some of the cool buildings and units. The earlier games are all practically over by the time of the renaissance, on any setting.

Thanks!

Mugging is not the root of your problem. See your Scenario thread for Why the AI is struggling mightly for +:gold: in your Eternity based Scenario at start and early part of game play. It also affects All games also not just yours.

I'm working on getting a balance in the area that is sucking the AI dry, and it's Not Crime. :)

JosEPh

It is joseph, with my fix no -gold for the AI as long as mugging is not hitting the AI, look the screenshots in scenario thread, only australia that has mugging now has -60 gold now because they have 4 citys with mugging now, 4 * -15 = -60 gold. Thats the only problem left with my mod fix now for the AI with -gold currently. As you see the savefile with that the test where run are in marathon game speed. Eternity will even work better with gold for the AI, because the AI has more time to generate gold, but it was tested on marathon. Screenshots from marathon game also.

Look the screenshots in my thread page 2 under: "Ok looks like i fixed the AI gold bug..." You can see no problem for all AI civs, only for australia that got mugging now.

My mod fix is important because the AI can conserve enouth gold now and will not build to many units that they cant pay maintainance for. If you come with your -gold crimes you will disrupt that, you need to test how my mod fix works after masonry when the AI can build police units, maybe you will be able to get -gold crimes to work after masonry, but -gold crimes before masonry will kill the AI mostly always because so more citys the AI builds so more crimes they have to pay. Maybe all -gold has to be removed from all crimes. As long as the AI dont build anti crime buildings effectively -gold should be removed from all crimes asap.

There are many buildings in later eras that assume that the game has been started on prehistoric or ancient. When starting with the Industrial Era, but especially on Modern, it becomes very difficult to built anything requiring trading post or paper, unless one waits until factories with electrical power are available and modern offices can be built, a very long process that requires many unique resources.
-- One would think that a civilization in the modern era would still be able to make sails or paper by hand, if it had to. -- Is this a design decision? Otherwise, is there an easy fix, such as making the trading post available in all eras, to be disabled only when Modern Offices are build?
-- I like starting on later eras, because it seems the only way to get to some of the cool buildings and units. The earlier games are all practically over by the time of the renaissance, on any setting.

Thanks!

Only a little work has been done to support Ancient era starts. No work at all has been done for later era starts.

The CTD on turn update raises its head again in my current game. The attached save game _always_ crashes, without error msg or minidump. Following your advice, I changed the thread count in the New Dawn-global defines xml to 1. This helped in the previous game, but the current game seems doomed. I also tried changing it back, it makes no difference. I am on the latest SVN. Game has a giant map, epic speed, no revolutions, and no barbarian civs.

Update: tried everything, from going back to earlier savegames to changing building orders, can't get beyond the turn where it crashes.

=============

I also had another bug/strange issue with this game; there was a turn update that didn't end; I thought at first it was just an epic AI battle somewhere, but after 90 minutes, the update still didn't end. However, different from the last time this happened (fixed), the program didn't freeze, the clock didn't stop, the process was listed as "running" and the mouse pointer remained responsive ingame, so that I could open the game menu. Only the update would not stop. I then terminated the game and reloaded from autosave (I have set to save every turn), after which everything was fine. Problem resolved, yet very weird.

Attachments

• MyPlayer AD-1470-Winter.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
Why the AI builds more knowledge inheritance and only few community disscussions if there is no AI weight on knowledge inheritance? Because of the flavor??? Or maybe because <fVisibilityPriority>1</fVisibilityPriority> is missing on community discussions?

Spoiler :
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_KNOWLEDGE_INHERITANCE</BuildingClass>
<Type>BUILDING_KNOWLEDGE_INHERITANCE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_KNOWLEDGE_INHERITANCE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_KNOWLEDGE_INHERITANCE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_KNOWLEDGE_INHERITANCE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Advisor>ADVISOR_SCIENCE</Advisor>
<!-- Graphical and interface -->
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_INHERITANCE</ArtDefineTag>
<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>
<fVisibilityPriority>1</fVisibilityPriority>
<!-- Prerequisites -->