Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intended behavior. These promotions are so powerful that they are meant to reset the counter.

Thanks for letting me know :). I was unsure as I'm new to Caveman 2 Cosmos and you had metnioned it along with your original bug report.

Also on a slighty related note, are Musk Ox intended to be so suicidally aggressive? I am using Reckless Animals but they seem to activly hunt in packs on the polar ice and seem to attack even more often than wolves, lions or bears. Even with Reckless Animals on they are the only non predatory class animal to attack whlie neither Fox or Eagle species who are in the Predetor faction ever attack. I should also mention I'm using Size Matters and the other Size Matters option (can't quite remember what it's called). That Super Slinger has pretty much fed on a diet of Musk Ox since he was a lowly Stone Thrower at the very start of the game.
Perhaps the Musk Ox should be reviewed.

But just as a side note, the animal teams are arranged as they are in their places in nature and relationship to other animals rather than their aggression towards humans. Therefore there can be some apparent discrepancies there and that's fine.

Just finished a playthrough and would like to report what I believe are some minor bugs.

My video is here for your verification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QuPCvujb7g

@ ~ 23:00 - The voice description for Deception is actually for Harvesting

@ ~ 42:30 - Tracking does not read the quote but gives a short "one who walks in anothers steps, leave no footprints". May be ment to be that way, but I did notice it.

@ ~ 43:30 - Master Tracker was showing a cost of 1 hammer while lower units were 120-320 hammers to produce

Cheers

@ ~ 43:30 - Master Tracker was showing a cost of 1 hammer while lower units were 120-320 hammers to produce

Cheers

You can't build a Master Hunter only upgrade to it. The cost of 1:hammers: should be -1:hammers: but I don't think the message is set up to display the sign. The -1:hammers: is the setting needed to indicate to the game that the unit can't be built in the normal way.

Cold fusion tech is unreachable.

Details Please! What version used 1st.

Is this a game you started with a different Era than Prehistoric?

JosEPh

1) I play with Space colonization modmod.
2) 9290 SVN version
3) I started with Prehistoric era. Now I'm in Transhuman era.

There are "space" settelers in Space col. modmod. And they require Cold Fusion tech. But Cold Fusion tech (it isn't tech from modmod) has no prerequisite and is unreachable.

Just finished a playthrough and would like to report what I believe are some minor bugs.

My video is here for your verification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QuPCvujb7g

@ ~ 23:00 - The voice description for Deception is actually for Harvesting

@ ~ 42:30 - Tracking does not read the quote but gives a short "one who walks in anothers steps, leave no footprints". May be ment to be that way, but I did notice it.

Cheers

I've still got some tech quotes to record and input. Sorry for that.

1) I play with Space colonization modmod.
2) 9290 SVN version
3) I started with Prehistoric era. Now I'm in Transhuman era.

There are "space" settelers in Space col. modmod. And they require Cold Fusion tech. But Cold Fusion tech (it isn't tech from modmod) has no prerequisite and is unreachable.

That's probably a modmod mistake. In the main mod it is considered a Future Era tech and there is only one such tech (Analyze Strings) in the tech tree. Most likely it is just a dummy in the main mod. That should be posted in the modmod thread.

That's probably a modmod mistake. In the main mod it is considered a Future Era tech and there is only one such tech (Analyze Strings) in the tech tree. Most likely it is just a dummy in the main mod. That should be posted in the modmod thread.

If I recall correctly, several versions back the tech currently just called "Fusion" used to be called "Cold Fusion", with similar prerequisites and unlocks. Chances are that when that change was made, the modmod didn't account for it. Not certain though, and far too lazy to go look at changelogs and previous versions to see if that's the case.

If I recall correctly, several versions back the tech currently just called "Fusion" used to be called "Cold Fusion", with similar prerequisites and unlocks. Chances are that when that change was made, the modmod didn't account for it. Not certain though, and far too lazy to go look at changelogs and previous versions to see if that's the case.

No, that's not the case. Both TECH_FUSION and TECH_COLD_FUSION have existed since rev 177 (2011-07-24) and even then TECH_COLD_FUSION was not part of the tech tree.

Edit: I think pepper2000 was aware of this. According to the xml he took the regular space settler out of the game on purpose. I think you have to use his units to achieve the same.

I had notorious crash to desktop during AI turns today. (repeated several times, even from earlier (-1 turn) save - nothing helped. I use the latest SVN build.

logs

saves and the empty MiniDump.dmp file

My MiniDump.dmp file is empty -I dunno why.

What to do to replicate the crash? Nothing, just end the turn (in the case of the newest save).
Ok, so I found a couple of major issues to fix in this save but an outright crash wasn't one of them. It's possible that by fixing the other two I avoided the crash, or that the crash had already been fixed by the time I got to evaluating for this one.

It's also quite possible that the crash is a MAF as there are some memory failure warnings at the end of the run. The reason, I suspect, is primarily due to far too many criminals having been spawned in this game. Some recent fixes there, and a fix in this game, may be making it now possible to avoid the actual crash but this game is about to hit one anyhow. Those fixes should also help current games avoid getting into this situation so badly to begin with.

I think I've done about all I can with this report and I suggest starting a new game anyhow as you aren't that far in at this point as it is. If you really want to keep going with this one I would go in and worldbuilder edit out hundreds of criminals throughout the cities of the world.

• *Figured out that I had to go into Bug and turn Archer bombard off and Ranged bombard on. I suggest that the default bug settings be reviewed and updated (e.g. turn storms off, units per tile to zero, etc...), particularly since this will be a save breaking version and we shouldn't carry over our user settings.
I would like to take this advice but I'm not entirely sure how. Bug options are far more complicated to setup and work with than game options. I could probably figure it out but...

@DH, is this easy enough for you to turn off or on an option and then make the switch invisible in the python somewhere?

If so, Units per tile and archer bombard should be turned off and made invisible while storms should be off by default and Ranged Bombard probably should be on by default at least. Strong advisement to use it as I think it fits into the C2C strategic picture very well now. But it's not 100% necessary I suppose.

How come the Fortify button no loner does anything?
Should it not do the fortify build-up promotion automatically when clicked?
It gets very tedious to go through every single City Defender to start building fortify build-up with them after upgrading them.

Cheers

I just ran a test on the fortify command and I'm not finding it flawed. Seems to be working now but I'm not sure how or why it wasn't nor when it would've been fixed. If anyone can replicate fortify having a problem, please share me the save.

There's also something I recently noticed with regards to blockades. I've had blockades that can't be lifted, despite the blockading ship being destroyed. What's more, they wind up wreaking havoc on affected resources, to the point where they're occasionally still accessible, or even multiplied. I suspect it's related to defender withdrawal, in that if the blockading ship withdraws from an attack it no longer counts as the blockading unit, but the blockade still persists.
I looked into the blockade issue recently and could not see where or how there could be an issue with it not being properly removed. If anyone can replicate the issue with a save, where a blockading unit can be killed or forced in some way to stop the blockade but it doesn't stop the unit from doing so, and it takes just a couple clicks to get this situation to happen, please post it here for evaluation.

Since when can Defend Only units pillage?
Scouts and Pack Llamas and such.

Cheers
Someone did this to me in the MP game, used a scout, which I had assumed was harmless, to pillage one of my plots! I had to do a double-take on that. IMO, if a unit cannot attack then it should not be able to pillage, unless it's an animal(deer foraging for food on a farm is a problem for farms.)

I would like to take this advice but I'm not entirely sure how. Bug options are far more complicated to setup and work with than game options. I could probably figure it out but...

@DH, is this easy enough for you to turn off or on an option and then make the switch invisible in the python somewhere?

If so, Units per tile and archer bombard should be turned off and made invisible while storms should be off by default and Ranged Bombard probably should be on by default at least. Strong advisement to use it as I think it fits into the C2C strategic picture very well now. But it's not 100% necessary I suppose.

They are defaulted in XML somewhere, probably in the CONFIG folder, and then stored in an ini file when you save. Yes we do need to look at the BUG screens and update them to the current C2C options.

They are defaulted in XML somewhere, probably in the CONFIG folder, and then stored in an ini file when you save. Yes we do need to look at the BUG screens and update them to the current C2C options.

Just looked through config and couldn't find any xml relating to that unfortunately. I might not be looking carefully enough. But knowing you don't know any more than I do at least confirms I'll need to do the full research into how to go about this again. Fair 'nuff.

Just looked through config and couldn't find any xml relating to that unfortunately. I might not be looking carefully enough. But knowing you don't know any more than I do at least confirms I'll need to do the full research into how to go about this again. Fair 'nuff.

I have seen it somewhere but that was probably back in the RoM days, ie a long long time ago.:lol:

edit found it. It is a combination of XML in the Config folder and python.

What do we need done?
  • remove the No Storms option from the BUG screen - done
  • ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom