Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

I can't remember that trading of units was part of Civ4:BTS so it must be modded.
Wasn't this added when Afforess made the Advanced Diplomacy Modmod for Rand? And then it was in RoM 2.92 as well?

The latest SVN still has the wrong date, my game went from 1390 something AD to 145900 AD.

As for gold trading, it worked for me once I researched currency and still works after the latest SVN update.

The latest SVN still has the wrong date, my game went from 1390 something AD to 145900 AD.
Some adjustments will introduce a bug we cannot fix after the fact. This is one of them. At least the game doesn't crash on load right? New games will track dates more accurately.

Some adjustments will introduce a bug we cannot fix after the fact. This is one of them. At least the game doesn't crash on load right? New games will track dates more accurately.

I had the dates fixed. because I'm playing 2 games one before the changes that the dates did like Septimus has reported, and one after. I got the older one to revert the dates back once I changed the 1st iTurnIncrement from iYearIncrement Back to IMonthIncrement. So no his game should have the right date again. If using SVN 9534.

Is this your 1st update since the Game Speed switches started?

Can you do me a favor and in your version of C2C under Assets\xml\Gameinfo\ look into the xml file Civ4GameSpeedInfos and see if the 1st line segment that starts the GameTurnInfos is using iYearIncrement vs iMonthIncrement?

Example:
<GameTurnInfos>
<GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>18000</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>100</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>
<GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>660</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>700</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>
This is what Eternity's 1st 2 segments should looks like. The 1st is the adjustment for the 200,000BC start. The 2nd is the rest of the Preh Era turns. If it does not then perhaps the wrong file got uploaded.

EDIT: I just checked the SVN and the right GameSpeedInfos file is there.

If you updated thru the SVN and not from the 2 files I posted in the Discussion thread you may have to take 1 more step, And that would be to clear the cache file. Cause both my games are running the proper date sequences now. And both have been Updated to SVN 9534. If you don't know how or where to clear the cache let me know.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the first time I updated since all the game length updates started.

I cleared the cache as you asked and it didn't change the date. The cache I emptied was in the Users/.../Appdata/Local/My games/ beyond the sword/cache.

I checked Civ4GameSpeedInfos and GameTurnInfos shows the same as your example above.

I also loaded both a saved game and an autosave, same situation - wrong date in both cases.

I may need to run the SVN update in game - let me just check...

Last edited:
Could you upload your save please? I think I also went into BUG and checked some of the settings there too but I don't recall exactly what i did though. Even with that your dates should've reverted back. Did you play one turn and then see if the next turn the date changed? Perplexing because my dates changed.

Could you upload your save please? I think I also went into BUG and checked some of the settings there too but I don't recall exactly what i did though. Even with that your dates should've reverted back. Did you play one turn and then see if the next turn the date changed? Perplexing because my dates changed.

No change from letting SVN update in game. Also no change from letting a turn go by. As Toffer90 says, there's nothing to be done - which wasn't what I understood from earlier comments. Is there something I can do in my own game to change it?

I can't attach savegames as it is, as they're getting too large for the forum's rules - even when winrar'ed. Let me know if you want it still and I can do it via Dropbox link instead.

If he started the game before the start date was adjusted from 50 000 to 200 000 BC then it's impossible to fix the wrong date, it will be off by 150 000 years. I reported this in this thread when I changed the start date.

Yeah I remember now.

And I went back to a 3rd game I started with SVN 9433, 101 revision earlier and the Date jumped to 145383 AD. It would not change back the the original date of 874AD.

Sorry Septimius but the dates are hosed for older games. :( Best to just go into BUG under the Clock tab and just turn the Date Off. Section that has alternate Clock. Will be last check box in both columns. Uncheck them and the date goes away.

Last edited:
dont know if this mini is anything, it is NOT repeatable, so no biggy on it, just for ur info if u want to look . . .

Strategy have you Updated to SVN 9534 yet?

Yeah I remember now.

And I went back to a 3rd game I started with SVN 9433, 101 revision earlier and the Date jumped to 145383 AD. It would not change back the the original date of 874AD.

Sorry Septimius but the dates are hosed for older games. :( Best to just go into BUG under the Clock tab and just turn the Date Off. Section that has alternate Clock. Will be last check box in both columns. Uncheck them and the date goes away.

No worries, I just got the impression that the issue had been fixed earlier. Guess not for older saves.

Strategy have you Updated to SVN 9534 yet?
yeppers i always update as soon as they are confirmed updated, within 1/2 hour that is . . . i wonder if its because the other civs do not have currency, BUT that doesnt make sense either because i ALWAYs have trade gold for techs in the past as soon as i have currency .. . I just looked at alot of the civs and only have a few that i can do gold for techs, but the others not so much, and i cant see any difference in the civs that could present that . .?? weird / / /

yeppers i always update as soon as they are confirmed updated, within 1/2 hour that is . . . i wonder if its because the other civs do not have currency, BUT that doesnt make sense either because i ALWAYs have trade gold for techs in the past as soon as i have currency .. .
That's it SO, I'm pretty sure both parties of the trade needs to see the value of currency (invented currency I mean) .

That's it SO, I'm pretty sure both parties of the trade needs to see the value of currency (invented currency I mean) .
ok i did an in-depth look at all the civs involved, and that is more than likely the culprit, BUT again doesnt make sense to me because in all the games BEFORE this i could trade as soon as i had "currency" even IF the others didnt, something has changed, and i dont know how or where it changed??? i am at a loss. but dont worry about this, as long as NOW its that way, i can change the way i play , just like recently when TB changed the Cat units, that was a MAJOR way i played, now i cant, i had been doing that for 4-5 years now, .. . .. .

dont know if this mini is anything, it is NOT repeatable, so no biggy on it, just for ur info if u want to look . . .
I can check at least.

The size on this minidump is 0. It was likely a MAF then.

Top Bottom