1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Usul13

Usul13 Chieftain

I found a completely different bug. I know that the whole metals and animals thing is under a debate at the moment and this might became irrelevant when the issue will be resolved.

So the problem is I got some vicinity auto buildings in my cities at the start of the game. I tried a couple of starts and I saw elephant, iron, lead, platinum vicinity auto buildings on turn 0.

I believe these buildings should be built after the metals or animals revealed on the map.

Attached Files:

2. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

If someone only plays C2C and no other mods settings those to 0 would do no harm.

I definitely committed my changes because otherwise the Caveman2Cosmos/Assets/Cache directory wouldn't be empty.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  3. Usul13

Usul13 Chieftain

I can't set the Status Stay the Hand on my regular military units (Stone Axeman, Atlastist, Slinger) anymore. It worked in an earlier SVN version but I can't tell which update caused it to disappear. It's surely a recent change. It still works for my Hunters and Ambushers.

Edit: SVN 10321

Edit2: I think it was before SVN 10316. I think the bug was there today in my test game. I started my main game on SVN 10299 and I think I used this status in my game earlier so It happened after that but I'm not entirely sure. Unless I screwed up my game by downgrading to 10316 from 10319 and it caused the problem on my system.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... I'd prefer to keep the recalculator. It may not be perfect but it's a lot better than not having it. I did not realize checksums were tied to that. Makes a bit more sense at least why they would be there.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not a bug. Very intentional that the tag he's using is able to sense the presence of the resource before it is even known to be there by the ignorant people living in the region. It relates to other planned uses for that tag, though its possible it may settle on requiring visibility at some point down the line as those plans may only be important before cities can be placed at all. (But I might need to piggy back off the code that determines validity for that tag for other things.) DH is using this raw vicinity tag in a rather un-prepared for manner to begin with, not that I have a problem with that. I find it innovative at least.

Stay the Hand is definitely not to be accessed by regular military units who would then be able to use it to get through neutral territories on a Rite of Passage agreement.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

No one was talking about this place.

We were talking about other place.
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword
    Here is cache folder with 1 MB of stuff.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Toffer90 or whomever may be able to help with this:
    We had a UI request come in that goody huts be given a glow for the benefit of colorblind folks. Anything we can do 'bout that?

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I don't know, sounds difficult, but probably doable somehow.

9. Usul13

Usul13 Chieftain

I remember using it on those units couple of days ago so it might have been buggy then. Or I remember wrong. Although in this case the Sevopedia entry inaccurate because it lists Stay the Hand Status among the available promotions for these units.

One way or another I report a valid bug about this. :D

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'll try to figure out how it's crafted exactly. It might be technically available but then made impossible by a portion of code that invalidates a number of promos on background rules that are not checked on the same stream of checks that lead to the rough preview of possible promos that you see in the pedia.

11. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

NO! -This is wrong - please revert this change. If you want too, maybe add this change to the next upgrade level above settler. If others agree.

Your change makes this option almost useless. But is a very valid and good option for those who want to use it. Like me.

You should discuss changes like this in the discussion thread, instead of just adding it to the SVN.

tmv and JosEPh_II like this.
  12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Was already addressed and changed

Also, I'd respond to your statement in the SVN thread but no posts outside of SVN log changes are supposed to be going there so I can't even reply to your statement there and must ask you to remove that post, as all of us have been asked to remove all posts that aren't SVN log changes.

Thanks!

13. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

Done.

I thought modders were allowed to discuss SVN changes in that thread. But no one else.

Forgot to note down my original post, before deleting it. Old Age!

Send a PM if you want to discuss anything ese.

JosEPh_II likes this.
  14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Could their color just be Brighter? Or perhaps border darker? Just asking. You know like you did with the Grid lines.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's more that NOTHING else is to be posted there. Doesn't matter by whom. This is how SO prefers it and he even gets on me when I don't conform to that rule. In fact, the request has recently surfaced for us all to now go back and delete every post in that thread that isn't a commit note. It appears I'm one of the few who has done this.
    Yeah, something to highlight them. I don't mind how they are but a VIP player made this request and I'm hoping we can find some way to honor it.

16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Anyone who can handle .dds files can reskin the tribal village goody hut improvement.

Attached is the texture file currently used for it in C2C.
    Texture file path:
    \art\structures\improvements\tribalvillage\tribalvillage.dds​

Attached Files:

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Simple as a .dds huh? K I should be able to do something there I think.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Actually there is still something not quite right yet. I started another new test game this afternoon and when I finally got Tribes I sent out one to establish a new city. The spot was 2 tile from the Cultural border of my capital. When I settled the tribe I immediately got 5 tiles instead of 1. I do have RCS Option On. I thought this was strange as the Culture bar in the city said level None and the hover over said it would take 3 turns, Normal GS being played. A while later I sent another Tribe and support group out to settle a spot across a mountain range and 3 tiles from my Capital's Culture borders. Same thing happened there. As soon as the Trilbe settled there were a total of 4 tiles under my Cultural influence besides the Main city tile. I did not use the Story teller for Culture but set it to Teaching. I have some screen shots.

Perhaps this is a Python reaction to the recent changes if RCS Option is On.

I will start another game w/o RCS On and when I get to Tribalism will see if it does the same thing this one is doing. There should be no additional tiles popped in a Normal GS until the 3-4 turns for the next Culture Level above None is reached. Please look closely at the screenshots. If savegame is needed will be supplied.

Attached Files:

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

That is not happening in python but in the dll, or perhaps in the exe, I don't know how much of the core cultural border mechanics are controlled by the dll or the exe.

It's been that way ever since the 1 tile option was implemented, I've seen it happen hundreds of times, maybe it has something to do with the BUG option that give cultural influence on plots through combat, or maybe it happens if a plot once had another cultural border previously.

Maybe it has something with how RCS work, that a bit of culture is added to all the plots in the cross, but not enough to claim all the plots, then when a city is settled close to the border those surrounding tiles have a little bit of culture from the other city and comes under the rule of the minimum border around city thingy or something.

Minimum border option probably work I something like this:
    Go through all cities in a loop, go through all 8 surrounding plots in a loop, check if cultural ownership is above 0 for the plot, if yes then set cultural owner to whoever owns the city regardless of how little cultural influence that player has on the plot.

I haven't looked at any of the relevant code, just guessing here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog