Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Hey.
I despaire. After a long time I install civ4 BTS and get the c2c mod 38.5
So far so good, but i can't attack any animal and they didn't attack me. Whats going on, is this right?

Hey.
I despaire. After a long time I install civ4 BTS and get the c2c mod 38.5
So far so good, but i can't attack any animal and they didn't attack me. Whats going on, is this right?
Units have "stay by hand" switch (next at movement buttons), it looks like you have it enabled.
Stay By Hand allows you to ignore enemies - units is on defense only mode.

Also not all animals will attack you.

This is only if I use the sealth option or not (attack without warning) and ehhh hide game (I have the german translation, so i didnt know this correct in english :-0 )
I use this opinion one time before but didnt use it in the current game.

I didnt can chance something like this behind the walking button. So babars i can a attack. Bears didnt harm me. And the "green men" discover nature wonders and Is the civ that knows at first that the earth is round.
Maybe its a bug?

This is only if I use the sealth option or not (attack without warning) and ehhh hide game (I have the german translation, so i didnt know this correct in english :-0 )
I use this opinion one time before but didnt use it in the current game.

I didnt can chance something like this behind the walking button. So babars i can a attack. Bears didnt harm me. And the "green men" discover nature wonders and Is the civ that knows at first that the earth is round.
Maybe its a bug?
Looks like scenario is corrupt - green men shouldn't discover nature wonders.
What scenario did you start?

Or did you made your own? You need to cleanup your scenario, as worldbuilder saves NPCs like they were normal civs.

I made "Own Game" and chose there what i whanted to play.
That sound good...how can i cleanup my scenario/own game?

I made "Own Game" and chose there what i whanted to play.
That sound good...how can i cleanup my scenario/own game?
Replace last 10 entries with this, so there aren't green man entries or like that.
Code:
BeginPlayer
    Team=40
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=41
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=42
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=43
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=44
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=45
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=46
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=47
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=48
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer
BeginPlayer
    Team=49
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
EndPlayer

Generate new map to avoid problems with green man npcs being saved into scenario altogether.

Last edited:
Okay...where do I write that codes? I try it to make it in the Mask where i can start the game to fill all Enemys and then switch them off. That didnt work .

Okay...where do I write that codes? I try it to make it in the Mask where i can start the game to fill all Enemys and then switch them off. That didnt work .
There is no need to if you are generating new map.
Scenarios that are in SVN shouldn't have any NPCs saved as civs.
Otherwise you should cleanup mod.

Unless you posted in wrong place and you aren't using SVN.
Then likely scenarios may contain unnecessary fluff.

Last edited:
There are two animals in the city, and a stack of three in an adjacent tile. The first hunter kills those in the city. At that point, the other stack disappear. They reappear precisely when he finishes his movement.

The second hunter attacks the stack, but they disappear during his attack move. When do they reappear? You guessed it: The moment he is out of moves.

There are two animals in the city, and a stack of three in an adjacent tile. The first hunter kills those in the city. At that point, the other stack disappear. They reappear precisely when he finishes his movement.

The second hunter attacks the stack, but they disappear during his attack move. When do they reappear? You guessed it: The moment he is out of moves.
Would need to see a save to see how this happens.

Would need to see a save to see how this happens.
I was afraid you'd say that...

The easiest way to find the animals is in Military Advisor, Location sort, Domestic City and Territory, under the third Green Man (harmless animals).

The first hunter I used is 4 east and 1 south of the dart frog city, which is what he attacked. He needs 3 moves because he had moves left after the two dart frogs, so he might need Enhanced March or whatever. When the snakes disappeared, I moved him back east towards his start position.

The second hunter is 6 north and 1 east of the same city Bubastis. I think he also needs Enhanced March. Assuming the snakes have reappeared for you, right-click on them to attack. For me they disappeared during that attack approach. I moved back two tiles north where I ran out of moves, and that was when they reappeared.

Attachments

• Iustinianus Aegypti AD790-t4311.7z
    8.4 MB · Views: 19
I was afraid you'd say that...

The easiest way to find the animals is in Military Advisor, Location sort, Domestic City and Territory, under the third Green Man (harmless animals).

The first hunter I used is 4 east and 1 south of the dart frog city, which is what he attacked. He needs 3 moves because he had moves left after the two dart frogs, so he might need Enhanced March or whatever. When the snakes disappeared, I moved him back east towards his start position.

The second hunter is 6 north and 1 east of the same city Bubastis. I think he also needs Enhanced March. Assuming the snakes have reappeared for you, right-click on them to attack. For me they disappeared during that attack approach. I moved back two tiles north where I ran out of moves, and that was when they reappeared.
k I'll take a look soon.

I just noticed that I should have had (crucible) steel since Medieval or Renaissance, but the smelter requires slavery to have been abolished. That's very annoying. I'm going to change that locally immediately as I find the mod literally unplayable knowing that.

I just noticed that I should have had (crucible) steel since Medieval or Renaissance, but the smelter requires slavery to have been abolished. That's very annoying. I'm going to change that locally immediately as I find the mod literally unplayable knowing that.
I think @Dancing Hoskuld could adjust something here, so slavery isn't that evil.

I think @Dancing Hoskuld could adjust something here, so slavery isn't that evil.
Thanks - I hope somebody can because I can't find it in the xml for either building.

Needless to say, if the Steelsmith has the same bug it needs fixing too.

Do we really need that restriction in the base mod as well?

EDIT:

Thanks raxo!

That restriction is not in the base mod, or at least it shouldn't, it is part of the Slavery mod. And yes slavery should be that evil. If you don't want the restriction then turn off Slavery and don't have the benefits either.

That restriction is not in the base mod, or at least it shouldn't, it is part of the Slavery mod. And yes slavery should be that evil. If you don't want the restriction then turn off Slavery and don't have the benefits either.
I'm guessing you believe that slavery is too beneficial from either a gameplay or realism perspective, if those buildings remain available (all the mills and the Treadmill Crane are also deactivated, and none of those make any sense either). To me, it is just too unrealistic to consider, however good the reasons are otherwise.

To me it's like halving all your combat odds if you have Human Sacrifice, because the universe is angry with you.:rolleyes:

You say it is part of the Slavery mod, but worldview slavery was in C2C for many versions before this happened, was it not?

Guess who put Worldview Slavery and Cannabalism into the mod Yudistira.

Top Bottom