Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

While looking at the Hunter Review I noticed that the Beulga Camp (requires Whales and Sea Lions) gives the bonus Pelts. This is just wrong. Whale Oil would be better but that would mean that that resource would have to have its reveal and trade techs changed to match. It means that nations who have the camp could possibly build Lamps earlier but it seems historically accurate.

While looking at the Hunter Review I noticed that the Beulga Camp (requires Whales and Sea Lions) gives the bonus Pelts. This is just wrong. Whale Oil would be better but that would mean that that resource would have to have its reveal and trade techs changed to match. It means that nations who have the camp could possibly build Lamps earlier but it seems historically accurate.
Early Harpoon hunters like the Inuits were hunting whales at prehistoric tech so wouldn't that also make whale oil a much earlier accessed resource? The lamps might have come later with later technology rather than being completely limited to the resource. But whale oil would surely be useful for filling in for fish oil or alcohol in being a prereq for Arsonists.

This has been overlooked for a while, but Cloud Destroyers are set as a replacement unit and are not buildable on their own, which I think was the intent.

Bead Factory doesn't provide Beads. It's commented out in xml
ETA: It's not the only one. It was done ages ago, and appears deliberate.

Nevertheless I think an explanation would be nice, in fact I expect it's extremely entertaining...:popcorn:

Last edited:
Nevertheless I think an explanation would be nice, in fact I expect it's extremely entertaining..
My guess is that bead generation was one of the first to be applied to DH's new system of upgrades where the improved source providers don't actually provide the resource themselves but require so many of the previous level to have been constructed throughout the nation. Thus a Beadmaker's Hut never obsoletes but 3 are required for one Beadmaker's Workshop, which doesn't give you an additional source of Beads but does give more commercial benefit, while never obsoleting either. Then 3 of the Workshops are required for a Bead Factory to be constructed somewhere, and again, that factory doesn't give another source of beads but does give more commercial benefit.

In this way, you never have a point where you lose access to beads because you didn't build the replacing buildings in time before those are obsoleted.

This is still a theoretical application of a method so feedback is welcome. I am not fully convinced of the method but I'm not completely convinced against it either so I'm looking for 3rd party discussions to point out more I might not have considered.

Bead Factory doesn't provide Beads. It's commented out in xml
ETA: It's not the only one. It was done ages ago, and appears deliberate.

Nevertheless I think an explanation would be nice, in fact I expect it's extremely entertaining...:popcorn:
It is the intent of My_Mods/Bead_Toy_Pottery. I was fed up with people complaining about them being lost because they never built the upgrade building.

TB described it well. Rope, Beads, Toys, Pottery and Lacquerware are done this way as an experiment. It has reduced the number of complaints.

It is the intent of My_Mods/Bead_Toy_Pottery. I was fed up with people complaining about them being lost because they never built the upgrade building.

TB described it well. Rope, Beads, Toys, Pottery and Lacquerware are done this way as an experiment. It has reduced the number of complaints.
Of course getting rid of the obsoletions will stop the complaints.

So you can only build 1/3 as many Workshops and 1/9 as many Factories as you could before? That can't be an improvement.

I suppose you know you could have the upgrade building replace the previous one, hmm?

I like lateral ideas in principle, and I have no problem with how it works for the Shaman and Druid buildings, but I beg you to reconsider it for here.

That can't be an improvement.
Oh yes it is!
I suppose you know you could have the upgrade building replace the previous one, hmm?
That was how it was before. It wont work if you require x of the replaced buildings to build the replacing building. Example: If need three huts to build a workshop and you build a workshop you now only have 2 huts. This means that you need to build another 4 huts before you can build another workshop.

I was thinking of introducing a set of auto buildings based on population with each level always remaining, so a City was also a Town a Village and a Hamlet. Hamlet allows the huts. You need 2 or 3 Villages to support one Workshop and 6 or 9 Towns to support one Factory. It would allow replacing but would also allow you not to loose bonuses if there is no obsoletion.

If it worked here I was going to extend it to the metals.

The Technology Schema file has changed a great deal but it has not been replicated to the places it is used. This means that validate is coming up with lots of errors. Is this just an oversight or a work in progress? ie the schema file is still changing?

The Technology Schema file has changed a great deal but it has not been replicated to the places it is used. This means that validate is coming up with lots of errors. Is this just an oversight or a work in progress? ie the schema file is still changing?
I guess @Thunderbrd forgot about modules.
This is why he would remove or at least consolidate them.

I don't ALWAYS go updating all module schemas because unless a change was made in the module that uses a new or altered tag, it wouldn't need it. But if you have a problem or error with a schema in a module, perhaps due to a recent change in the xml in that module, just update it with what's in the core and see if that works to start with.

I don't ALWAYS go updating all module schemas because unless a change was made in the module that uses a new or altered tag, it wouldn't need it. But if you have a problem or error with a schema in a module, perhaps due to a recent change in the xml in that module, just update it with what's in the core and see if that works to start with.
XML validator may be screaming errors - I got some errors with it:

Code:
Caveman2Cosmos XML Validator 1.3 by Alberts2
-----------------------------------
Validating files in the current directory and all subdirectories
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Andean\Andeanism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Asatru\Asatru_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Bahai\Bahai_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Canaanism\Canaanism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:12,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Caodai\CaoDai_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Druid\Druidism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Jainism\Jainism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Mesopotamian\Mesopotamism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Mormon\Mormon_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Ngai\Ngaiism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Rodnovery\Rodnovery_CIV4TechInfos.xml:17,5: The 'x-schema:RODNOVERY_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Scientology\Scientology_CIV4TechInfos.xml:16,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Shaman\Shamanism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:16,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Shinto\Shinto_CIV4TechInfos.xml:21,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Sikh\Sikhism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:15,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Tengri\Tengriism_CIV4TechInfos.xml:14,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Voodoo\Voodoo_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Yoruba\Yoruba_CIV4TechInfos.xml:18,5: The 'x-schema:Custom_Religions_CIV4TechnologiesSchema.xml:bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\SandA_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml:8,21: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:HR_CIV4UnitSchema.xml' - Could not find file '\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\HR_CIV4UnitSchema.xml'.
\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\SandA_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\zDepend_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:3,16: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:SubdueAnimals_CIV4UnitSchema.xml' - Could not find file '\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\SubdueAnimals_CIV4UnitSchema.xml'.
\Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\DanceTheory\zDepend_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4BuildInfos.xml:1980,44: The following text is not allowed in this context: '/'.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4BuildInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4MissionInfos.xml:1980,44: The following text is not allowed in this context: '/'.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4MissionInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml:1980,44: The following text is not allowed in this context: '/'.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:1980,44: The following text is not allowed in this context: '/'.
\Assets\Modules\Pepper2000\P2K_CIV4UnitInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManager.xml:8,21: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml' - Could not find file '\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManagerSchema.xml'.
\Assets\XML\Misc\CIV4DetailManager.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusClassInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusClassInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusClassInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4FeatureInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4FeatureInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4FeatureInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4MapCategoryInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4MapCategoryInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4MapCategoryInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainSettings.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainSettings.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4TerrainSettings.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4YieldInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4YieldInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4YieldInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Culture_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Culture_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Culture_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Manufactured_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Manufactured_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\Manufactured_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\TradeGoods_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bNational' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\TradeGoods_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:849,3: The 'bGlobal' element is not declared.
\Assets\XML\Terrain\TradeGoods_CIV4BonusInfos.xml:0,0: No validation occurred.

Yes. Those are the ones that indicate that the schema file was not updated. I do it later today.

I have fixes for the other missing schema file I just haven't had time to update to the SVN yet.

Recently downloaded a new SVN and started a new game. What I now wondering is that my 2 Great Millitary Instructor appear to have no effect! Can it be that the Neandertaler version of the Combantant Type Units are not flagged as combantant type or is there a other reason?

Recently downloaded a new SVN and started a new game. What I now wondering is that my 2 Great Millitary Instructor appear to have no effect! Can it be that the Neandertaler version of the Combantant Type Units are not flagged as combantant type or is there a other reason?
Upload save.

Upload save.
XP_from_General.jpg
Screen To show what I think is wrong and save file.
I think the Stone Maceman should have +8 XP thanks to the 2 Instructor on the right but I only get +4 XP same is true for the other Neandertal Units. (One is from a Great Hero and the other from a General I added via Editor to test it out)

Attachments

• Schwarzbart BC-46975.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
View attachment 519173
Screen To show what I think is wrong and save file.
I think the Stone Maceman should have +8 XP thanks to the 2 Instructor on the right but I only get +4 XP same is true for the other Neandertal Units. (One is from a Great Hero and the other from a General I added via Editor to test it out)
I recalculated game and they all got 8 XP

so either a update the last ~2 days fixed the issue or there is a problem with the Instructor adding the XP without a forced recalculation.
Would you be so nice to tell me how I can force a recalculation again without a update?

so either a update the last ~2 days fixed the issue or there is a problem with the Instructor adding the XP without a forced recalculation.
Would you be so nice to tell me how I can force a recalculation again without a update?
Press ctrl+shift+t

even after a forced recalculation the displayed calculation without shift is wrong while with shift I have the correct 8 XP displayed. If the calculation at your PC is correct then it probably was fixed after the SVN I use right now.
Edit: I talking about that the Total Exp is +4 and not +8

Last edited:
Top Bottom