Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Was this reported before or is it new with this latest dll?
new, and also, i just got a "stall" at turn 73-74, has to restart my computer . . re-started C2C and autosave IS repeatable, tried to install but goes to CTD with mini

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-85207.zip
    533.4 KB · Views: 123
If that's true then the problems we're looking at have nothing to do with the xml changes and it's entirely in something happening in the display stuff, which is very strange since the pedia can display every line without a problem. By turning off my module and option and still having these crash problems, I've eliminated 99% of 10470 from the equation and the last 1% that's left has been proven stable.
Been using 10469 since March 3rd when I got back home from Dad's Memorial Service in Oklahoma. So a week and 2 days of consistent play for almost 500 turns on Marathon GS.

So it's True for me.

To Revert go to your Caveman2Cosmos SVN repository right click the SVN folder. Select Show Log, let it fill. Once you have the Log window filled, then scroll down to the version you want and highlight it. ( I suggest 10469 over 10468.) Then Right click that version. From the Pop up menu select Revert to this version. Follow the Prompts.

Thx JosEPH !!! Very helpful
You are Most Welcome. :)

Been using 10469 since March 3rd when I got back home from Dad's Memorial Service in Oklahoma. So a week and 2 days of consistent play for almost 500 turns on Marathon GS.

So it's True for me.
Good to know.

OK, I solved the crash issue. I kinda doubt it will fix that option to have all the popups come up at the end of the turn though I really feel like that's been an issue for a long time. I certainly didn't see anything in my coding that would account for that behaving differently and I fixed the crash by going through every change I made in the code line by line. I found I had included a bit of code I knew was bad but didn't realize I had not deleted already... this was from a long time ago when I was trying to fix Whisperr's crashes. So an old known failed effort was corrupting everything now. Sorry about that but at least I was able to find something to blame that answered to the symptoms.

We SHOULD have a stable SVN in a few minutes. Whew!

got a repeatable "stall" each and everytime i click on the "space" in red in pic . .

Attachments

• stall.JPG
    stall.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 135
got a repeatable "stall" each and everytime i click on the "space" in red in pic . .
K I'll take a look into that. Since you posted no save, I assume you're saying it's happening on all games.

That could be a very old bug, could it not? Peeps don't click there (ie. between buttons) very often.

That could be a very old bug, could it not? Peeps don't click there (ie. between buttons) very often.
what,,, thats how i check on crime/disease the fast way . . .

also just found out even if u double click on ur city to check those status"\ game STALLs // /

Last edited:
what,,, thats how i check on crime/disease the fast way . . .
Sorry but in your screenie you circled a space between buttons, and even referred to it as a space in your post. So you're actually talking about clicking on the flag to enter your capital's city screen? Or is clicking on that space supposed to take you somewhere that I never knew about?

Sorry but in your screenie you circled a space between buttons, and even referred to it as a space in your post. So you're actually talking about clicking on the flag to enter your capital's city screen? Or is clicking on that space supposed to take you somewhere that I never knew about?
That space immediately under buttons counts as clicking on flag.
I guess he clicked here (same as on flag) to go to capital and then click buttons to go to next cities.

@strategyonly did you update game?

Last edited:
That space immediately under buttons counts as clicking on flag.
I guess he clicked here (same as on flag) to go to capital and then click buttons to go to next cities.

@strategyonly did you update game?
yes, and yes, current SVN and all new files in new folder . .

yes, and yes, current SVN and all new files in new folder . .
I'm not at my computer so I'll just ask this:
The game you show suggests it was put together with a worldbuilder for testing purposes. Does the freeze happen because you are going to view a capital that doesn't exist perhaps? I'm not saying that it shouldn't be somehow corrected to simply not work if you don't have one but does it work fine if you DO have a capital? I've never 'clicked' on the flag to go to the capital so I don't know. Didn't even realize you could.

I suspect you're saying it still freezes when you go into any city either way. And in that case, can anyone else verify that they have this problem as well before I get back to my system at home? I won't likely have time or much time at all for debugging tonight so I wonder if there's a setting to blame, or way around this for now.

I've never 'clicked' on the flag to go to the capital so I don't know. Didn't even realize you could.
I suspect you're saying it still freezes when you go into any city either way. And in that case, can anyone else verify that they have this problem as well before I get back to my system at home? I won't likely have time or much time at all for debugging tonight so I wonder if there's a setting to blame, or way around this for now.
OK i started a new game and now they both work, must have been a glitch. .

but the wait for end of turn, still does not work correctly, "standard BtS option . . .

Last edited:
but the wait for end of turn, still does not work correctly, "standard BtS option . . .
I'm completely at a loss with that one since I've never done anything that I know of that would change anything about that coding. I can research it soon. I'm glad to see that the game is working in general though. Are you SURE this is new? I thought I recalled someone bringing this up ages ago...

The wait at end of turn works for me in C2C just as it did in vanilla. I've always played with it on as I like to click end turn manually when I'm ready to end my turn.
That gives me an opportunity at the end of each turn to consider what else needs to be done this turn, and a natural spot to evaluate the bigger picture/strategy when needed.
When turns just pass by I get stuck in a reactive stance, just answering queries the game gives me, and end up never finding time to pause and appreciate the game or consider strategy.

The wait at end of turn works for me in C2C just as it did in vanilla. I've always played with it on as I like to click end turn manually when I'm ready to end my turn.
That gives me an opportunity at the end of each turn to consider what else needs to be done this turn, and a natural spot to evaluate the bigger picture/strategy when needed.
When turns just pass by I get stuck in a reactive stance, just answering queries the game gives me, and end up never finding time to pause and appreciate the game or consider strategy.
I usually prefer to take care of cities before the turn starts rather than at the end but to each his own. It's just a reshuffling of when certain turn phases are taking place is all. Are you saying, however, that it works for you on the current assets? Any idea why it might not be for SO?

I usually prefer to take care of cities before the turn starts rather than at the end but to each his own. It's just a reshuffling of when certain turn phases are taking place is all. Are you saying, however, that it works for you on the current assets? Any idea why it might not be for SO?
Cities that finish production will ask what to build at the start of the turn regardless if that option is on or off. I don't think there's an option to change that behavior.

Cities that finish production will ask what to build at the start of the turn regardless if that option is on or off. I don't think there's an option to change that behavior.
That's the option he's talking about. When it's selected, cities are supposed to wait until all your units have moved before the popups come up.

EDIT: Hmm... maybe I'm confusing which option is which.

If SO is talking about the option that is so ON by default that I forgot it could be turned off, the one that makes it so that as soon as all units that have pending moves have all been moved the game automatically assumes the end of turn has been selected, then I have already verified that's well and working on my end.

I have no idea how his wouldn't be. That functionality would be noticed immediately upon playing even one turn on my side and I haven't had that problem at all.

hmm...

There IS an option to have all popups come up at the end of the turn rather than the beginning though. Obviously I confused the two and I have no idea where you set that one, maybe BUG somewhere. Maybe it was removed a long time ago. It was there for a while anyhow - and it was annoying as all getout.

Last edited:
Top Bottom