• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Upload save as this time it may be reproducible bug.

Also update SVN to latest version.
In the Civ BtS folder were the BtS.exe resides you should find a file with a .dmp extension.

A minidump was finally created after repeatedly running the save, so I can actually upload it.
Save is unrecalculated, saved on the latest SVN version.
Crash happens after the end of turn every time around when the Egyptian unit takes out my obsidian swordsman.

Attachments

• Shaka Minidump and Save.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 234
There was a brief discussion a few months ago about the Machu Picchu improvement from the wonder. The consensus was that it should give any resource on its tile (ie. treat the resource as improved). Is that on anyone's to-do list? Or has it been done but doesn't affect "pre-existing conditions"?

A minidump was finally created after repeatedly running the save, so I can actually upload it.
Save is unrecalculated, saved on the latest SVN version.
Crash happens after the end of turn every time around when the Egyptian unit takes out my obsidian swordsman.
I'll take a look soon.

Build 10564
Each end of turn, in the message box : Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method BarbarianCiv.onEndPlayerTurn of BarbarianCiv.BarbarianCiv.instance at 0xBC74D8F0>>
Happen since turn 1000 or not far from it.

Build 10564
Each end of turn, in the message box : Error in EndPlayerTurn event handler <bound method BarbarianCiv.onEndPlayerTurn of BarbarianCiv.BarbarianCiv.instance at 0xBC74D8F0>>
Happen since turn 1000 or not far from it.
Do you use PPIO? Upload save.

Dont know what PPIO is, but doesn't sound tasty. No modmod if it's the question.

EDIT
~turn 1200, I now have it 2 times each end of turn... Look like some barbarians can't become a civ...
EDIT2
I tried to switch the "No barbarians civ" option in Worldbuilder, but nothing change
EDT3
OK, Switch No barbarians Civ, then reload the game and no more error for now...

Attachments

• ALEXANDRE BC-37744.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I'm having trouble with a C2C game that repeatedly gets stuck when processing one specific turn. The game doesn't crash to desktop or anything, it just hangs on the AI turn indefinitely (I've tried leaving it running for ages, but it doesn't complete). I've tried backing up a few turns to the autosave, and it runs OK on earlier turns, but hangs at the same point. There's nothing obviously "special" happening on the turn to trigger it, and no error messages. Any ideas how to get past this?

I've attached the save. Ending the turn will result in it getting stuck.

Attachments

• cleo3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4 MB · Views: 182
SVN10567

I'm also having a turn hang problem like MrCynical. It could be related to National Culture progress overflows I'm experiencing, which results in very frequent Developing Trait prompts (getting me to Level 63!). The NC accumulation fix doesn't seem to apply to these progress overflows, but I could be wrong.

Modmods are the same aside from Rescaled Latitude Limits updated to SVN10565. Let me know if you need more files besides the saves/logs.

Attachments

• Caveman2Cosmos SVN10567 and SVN10563 repeat turn end hang dump.7z
    16.7 MB · Views: 44
@Thunderbrd I guess something broke here.
Yeah, obviously something's wrong, which is strange because I would have sworn that very problem was just debugged. I'll take a look soon.

If the crashes do come from culture overflows I'm thinkin the easiest solution is to use float or w/e. There's no real change to game, just makes bigger spot in ram right? Seems safe to me. I don't mind doin it if thats what u guys want. Trying to keeping the numbers from going crazy high is still probly a good idea at the same time.

If the crashes do come from culture overflows I'm thinkin the easiest solution is to use float or w/e. There's no real change to game, just makes bigger spot in ram right? Seems safe to me. I don't mind doin it if thats what u guys want. Trying to keeping the numbers from going crazy high is still probly a good idea at the same time.
It's not a national culture overflow since that is impossible now. Well... unless you get millions of millions of culture built up. I'll take a look at this now.

I'm having trouble with a C2C game that repeatedly gets stuck when processing one specific turn. The game doesn't crash to desktop or anything, it just hangs on the AI turn indefinitely (I've tried leaving it running for ages, but it doesn't complete). I've tried backing up a few turns to the autosave, and it runs OK on earlier turns, but hangs at the same point. There's nothing obviously "special" happening on the turn to trigger it, and no error messages. Any ideas how to get past this?

I've attached the save. Ending the turn will result in it getting stuck.
I'm very sorry but I couldn't replicate this. It might be due to having already solved it and just haven't committed the fix yet. After my next commit, see if this continues for you - could be some option differences.

SVN10567

I'm also having a turn hang problem like MrCynical. It could be related to National Culture progress overflows I'm experiencing, which results in very frequent Developing Trait prompts (getting me to Level 63!). The NC accumulation fix doesn't seem to apply to these progress overflows, but I could be wrong.

Modmods are the same aside from Rescaled Latitude Limits updated to SVN10565. Let me know if you need more files besides the saves/logs.
Wish you'd told me that was happening right when it started.

I had a whole new problem with the math there and it takes so long to process your turns under the debugger I hadn't taken the time to find that out. I'd go back and play from where you gave me that save before where you broke into the millions needed for a trait. It should work properly from there. I don't know if that's related at all to the hang but it very well could be.

Do all that after my commit here in a few minutes.

I'm very sorry but I couldn't replicate this. It might be due to having already solved it and just haven't committed the fix yet. After my next commit, see if this continues for you - could be some option differences.
Mrcynical's save (cleo3) crashes for me when its finishing loading.

In someone else saves leader levels (national culture) still are bugged.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-05-08 08-46-02-38.jpg

Attachments

• cleo3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4 MB · Views: 130
  • MiniDump_10567.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
In someone else saves leader levels (national culture) still are bugged.
Can't fix it after it's been broken. Can only repair things moving forward. I can't even say I know for sure if I've got everything. I found a problem and solved it and on his earlier save I was able to show it seemed to be working properly thereafter.

The first one... I didn't find any problem with that save so I'm not sure what to say there.

Thanks for taking a look at it - does it just progress to the next turn normally then when you try it? I'll see if the most recent commit makes a difference.

The Sea Hunter promos after the first give penalties against wooden ships. That should be against all ships, right?

The Himyarite culture requires Dualism, Incense, and Coast. It should be Dualism, Incense, and (Coast or Tropical Coast). Especially since Incense has a good chance to spawn near the warmer areas of the map.

Top Bottom