1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

2. DC0

DC0 Warlord

SVN 10126.
    Subdued Cattle cannot place Cattle resource anywhere on map.
    Subdued Donkey can.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It should not be placing any, unless I misunderstood what RawVicinityBonus means. I think
    1. it is true if there is the bonus near the city and that bonus has been revealed to the player. If it hasn't been revealed then it tells the player something they should not know.
    2. the auto build function uses the tag when checking if the mbuilding should be built.
    The building must be auto built otherwise the reason for its existence is void. Obviously I need to reword the pedia and concept pages.
    According to the code they should be able to be placed on clear Plains and Grasslands or Grasslands with Savanna. Unless you are using Toffer's mod then I wouldn't know.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

As stated previously, Raw vicinity doesn't require that the bonus be revealed, only within workable radius.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

And thus the human gets one more advantage over the AI :sigh:. I'll remover the code and think of a solution.

6. Morlark

Morlark Warlord

I checked in WB, there is definitely no metal resources near my city (and definitely not every single metal resource at once).

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the "[metal] near one of your cities" buildings, and not the "metal near this city" buildings.

The affected buildings are not keyed off vicinity tags. The automatic construction of these "near one of your cities" buildings is accomplished by the presence of the <FreeBuilding> tag in the corresponding "near this city" building. This takes effect even if bAutoBuild is disabled.

However, because bAutoBuild is enabled, and these buildings have no directly specified prerequisites at all, they are automatically constructed in all cities. bAutoBuild should be set to 0, to ensure that the "near one of your cities" buildings are only constructed once the corresponding "metal near this city" building has itself been autobuilt by the vicinity bonus.

Edit:
    Maybe just change it to VicinityBonus instead of RawVicinityBonus?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You are right.

However the "near" one appearing before the bonus is visible is a problem. It means I will need to put a tech on it if I want it to be on visible or check if the city has access to the resource if I want it when the resource is enabled. Basically I need to say it needs the resource and if needs it near the city. Two questions instead of one...

8. DC0

DC0 Warlord

I specifically checked all mentioned terrain types. I was using World Builder to speed up test. Same result: Tamed Cattle cannot build Cattle resource. Tamed Donkey can place Donkey resource, with 50% chance, as in description.
    I'm using SVN only, no additional mods.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The fact that the donkey only has a 50% chance suggests a tech requirement to placing.

The only extra requirement in the code is that it must be flat land ie not hills or peaks. I'll need to hunt through the mission XML files now to see what the tech requirements are.

edit the XML code for the donkey and cow are the same and they use the same mission and outcome XML code. The only difference is that the cow XML is in core and the donkey is not! Which would normally suggest that the cow should work and the donkey should not but it is the other way around.

:confused:

10. DC0

DC0 Warlord

Also, Tamed Horse can place Horse resource.
    May the problem be with names? Tamed Cattle should actually place Cow resource.
    In other instances Tamed Donkey places Donkey, Tamed Horse places Horse.

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

another mini, but again i have moved on, no repeat . . .

EDIT: added a newer on also. . .

Attached Files:

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You can also give the revealing tech as a prerequisite in addition to the raw vicinity bonus to achieve that result on an autobuilding.

And I'm really unclear as to how that matter can become an advantage for either the player or an AI.

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Having the reveal tech of the resource in the building means that if the reveal tech is changed on the resource then it has to on the building as well making an error more likely to happen later down the track.

It gives knowledge to the player and not to the AI. We are already hampering the AI because of the building trees are unknown to it passed one level whereas humans can see the whole tree. This could be fixed by having all the branches require all the previous buildings but then people will cry "redundancies".

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah but we don't make those kinds of changes very often and this allows for more design options rather than less.
    What, by giving a possible 'tell' to the human player? Only if the building doesn't require the revealing tech. However, consider that the AI may not know what resources are where but it knows which plots HAVE resources that aren't unrevealed when it comes to placing cities. So it has an equivalent 'cheat' of knowledge the player doesn't in this case.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Barbarians know what and where. The Great Farmer and subdued herds tell the player where there are resources but not what they are.

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Buildings can have redundant building prereqs.
    I removed redundant tech prereqs from techs, buildings and units.
    Exception were some techs having multiple (proxy) OR prereqs (Animal Riding and techs right after lifestyle techs), and buildings that are Ancient Ways, Guilds and Corporations.

17. makotech222

makotech222 Warlord

I'm getting hard crashes to desktop, seemingly randomly. Can't really figure out a cause. I'm using the Python interface minimod, but nothing shows in Pythonerr log or any of the others. I'm on latest SVN

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not you some earlier peoples.

raxo2222 likes this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Upload minidump (must be zipped if you upload attachment) and save.

20. Jalos

Jalos Chieftain

Hi.

In my game I lost the Buildingclass columns in overview (F1 key) started at about v38 version (maybe earlier or later a little - I'm using SVN). The exising pages lost the columns, and I cant create new BLDGCLASS type columns.

Is it a known change, bug or affects only my environment?
    I created several custom Overview pages, and miss the ability to check the building statuses.

Thx.