Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Known problem. As far as I can see the event code is identical to others that place a resource but it just doesn't.
That is because the artist who made the fine clay resource based it off of the marble one but did not change the name of the .nif file. Since the name is also embedded in the other related graphics files changing it afterward is no easy task.
And so Ctrl+W will save the day? :)

And, how it should work? Just resource pops up? Or does it destroy Wetlands camp in the process?

Last edited:
That's right. The Neanderthals aren't as good at training them and they are no stronger than any other dog.
Then it's an intended punishment for the player for choosing Neanderthal culture? If Neanderthals are bad at training other mammals, I, as another mammal, would chose other mammals to train other mammals. I mean, I'd stick to Trained Dogs in this case. But this choice is removed. I think it's bad for a game to punish player so blatantly for making a choice.
Anyway, I changed my XML file so my Neanderthal Trained Dogs have now the same cost as Trained Dogs.

Then it's an intended punishment for the player for choosing Neanderthal culture? If Neanderthals are bad at training other mammals, I, as another mammal, would chose other mammals to train other mammals. I mean, I'd stick to Trained Dogs in this case. But this choice is removed. I think it's bad for a game to punish player so blatantly for making a choice.
Anyway, I changed my XML file so my Neanderthal Trained Dogs have now the same cost as Trained Dogs.
1)It's not a punishment - it's a counterbalance, the one negative thing about it.
2)It was actually never intended for Neanderthal units to replace the human units as train options. They were supposed to be parallel and allow both when you could access Neander units. Except in the case of the Neanderthal Players (both NPC and PC). I didn't bring this particular factor of the dogs up as an argument when Toffer wished to make the Neanderthal access replace the human unit equivalents. Why? Back to point 1. There's a lot of huge benefits to having the Neanders instead. A few counterbalances is probably a good thing. The original concept challenged the player to notice that in this case the Neander Dogs were actually a worse choice, thus to be more observant than the overall conditioning that all neanderthal units are 'better' and just unquestioningly select them instead of normal dogs.
3)I WOULD like to eventually see the buttons differ so that it's a little more obvious by button graphic which unit is being selected since I usually select faster than the hover information comes up.

Hi
In my latest game I'm experiencing a CTD during the end turn. I've disabled minimize AI turn the second time but same result.
Could you have a look ?

Attachments

• Nano BC-7070.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
  • MiniDump_10103.7z
    15.9 KB · Views: 117
Hi
In my latest game I'm experiencing a CTD during the end turn. I've disabled minimize AI turn the second time but same result.
Could you have a look ?
Probably not soon since I have a vacation coming up and I'm working on getting ready for that so it'll be a few weeks but sure, I'd be happy to.

Downloaded latest, first download since version update. Getting a message sbout caves, worldbuikder is broken.

Moderator Action: Moved as requested. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
CTD, just press enter. Save and mini included.

It was repeatable but doing a recalc has fixed the problem.

Attachments

• c2c save and mini.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Version with 10122 Python Performance and Interface Overhaul version 0.5.9.5.2.3.

Subdued wolf cannot produce master hunter.

Attachments

• wolf cannot build master hunter.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
Version with 10122 Python Performance and Interface Overhaul version 0.5.9.5.2.3.

Subdued wolf cannot produce master hunter.
Nor should it. Only big food animals should be able to build master hunter. Design decision: hunting is about feeding the people. Protection is a warriors job.
Edit City in Wortldbuilder does not work at any time.
Not a function I have ever used so someone else will need to look at it, since they would know what it is supposed to do.

Nor should it. Only big food animals should be able to build master hunter. Design decision: hunting is about feeding the people. Protection is a warriors job.

Not a function I have ever used so someone else will need to look at it, since they would know what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for the fast reply. Then probably there is an issue with either current SVN or Python Performance and Interface Overhaul. Because, when I hover on a subdued wolf, it says
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
they can. Screenshot attached.

How about brown bear? It cannot build as well. On the other hand, some other types of bears can.

Random event which has no effect to any of my units at all. I don't have any sea units yet. One turn before that one of my spearmen has stuck in quicksand.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Random event which has no effect to any of my units at all. I don't have any sea units yet. One turn before that one of my spearmen has stuck in quicksand.View attachment 498973
Not related to PPIO modmod.

That event has been twitchy a long time now, I'll take a look at it at some point.

downloaded the latest SVN and now I can't evev start CivIV.
Hopefully you didn't extract mod assets right into Civ4 assets.

It must go into Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, and mod must have folder name of Caveman2Cosmos

Top Bottom