Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

I will try and set up a Win 7 VM for testing, seems like loads of people here on old OS.
Here is save and minidump on latest assets.

I managed to pass turn on Windows XP compatibility.
I could pass turn after that without any compatibility mode, but got this python error.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 308, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 1306, in onBuildingBuilt
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'CyTeamX' referenced before assignment

Looks like that python error was something independent though.

Attachments

• save+minidump.rar
    7.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The current yields display is not right. The hover over shows 2:food: and 4:hammers: but the yield shows two loves, 2 slices of bread and the number 5. A loaf usually represents 5 slices iirc.
Looks like you don't have MAX_YIELD_STACK set to 10. It's in globalDefines.xml.
File "CvEventManager", line 1306, in onBuildingBuilt​
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'CyTeamX' referenced before assignment
Fixed in 10998

Last edited:
Greetings,
I have an issue relating to map sizes:
When I start a new game, I can select one of the size options as usual. I always chose "Giant" or "Gigantic".
However, ingame the map size always resets to Large or (occasionally) Huge size in regards to actual tile count. My comparison are the numbers from here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/v39-changelog.647927/#post-15499478
Spoiler World Map Sizes as of V39 :
---- World size overhaul: Smallest world sizes are now much bigger and Gigantic size is now smaller as defined in C2C_World map script. Map area changes (default amount of players): Duel 960 -> 2400 (2) Tiny 1664 -> 4704 (4) Small 2560 -> 7776 (6) Standard 4368 -> 9600 (8) Large 6656 -> 11616 (10) Huge 10240 -> 13824 (12) Giant 16000 -> 16224 (14) Gigantic 24000 -> 18816 (16) Now on all sizes total area divided by default amount of players is constant - map area roughly increases linearly like amount of default players from smallest to biggest size. All map scripts (size definitions) and scenarios (size tags) were readjusted where needed. Tilted Axis and Donut are square map scripts with similar area to other map scripts. Three mapscripts: Full of Resources, Smartmap and Three Planets don't conform new standard yet. ----

Here is a screenshot of the issue ingame:
map_size_issue.jpg
As you can see, it states "Giant" as the mapsize as I have chosen, but the actual tile value is lower and corresponds to (132x88=11616) Large.
I'm currently on the newest SVN (revision #10999), but I had the same issue with a slightly older SVN version (couldn't report back then due to registration issues at this site here) as well as the V39 "normal" download. Running from Steam but with "original" Beyond the Swords 3.19 patch, with administrator rights.
I've also tested with both C2C_PerfectWorld2f as well as C2C_World mapscripts, and I suspect it might affect other mapscripts (even though my coding knowledge is far too limited to spot issues directly in the python).
I also considered this to just be a display issue, so I also opened up the world editor and counted the tiles (vertically) by hand, and indeed they amounted to 88, so the map was indeed too small.

So, I hope you folks can figure out what the issue might be here. Frankly I'm a little worried as it does only seem to affect me - or did it just go by unnoticed?

Looks like you don't have MAX_YIELD_STACK set to 10. It's in globalDefines.xml.
I may have missed that. I usually don't just copy that file into my gaming folder since I like my spawn rates different to everyone else.

edit yes that fixed it

Last edited:
Spoiler World Map Sizes as of V39 :
---- World size overhaul: Smallest world sizes are now much bigger and Gigantic size is now smaller as defined in C2C_World map script. Map area changes (default amount of players): Duel 960 -> 2400 (2) Tiny 1664 -> 4704 (4) Small 2560 -> 7776 (6) Standard 4368 -> 9600 (8) Large 6656 -> 11616 (10) Huge 10240 -> 13824 (12) Giant 16000 -> 16224 (14) Gigantic 24000 -> 18816 (16) Now on all sizes total area divided by default amount of players is constant - map area roughly increases linearly like amount of default players from smallest to biggest size. All map scripts (size definitions) and scenarios (size tags) were readjusted where needed. Tilted Axis and Donut are square map scripts with similar area to other map scripts. Three mapscripts: Full of Resources, Smartmap and Three Planets don't conform new standard yet. ----
Someone copied wrong thing here - it was previous resizing, that got changed.
Actual size changes are:
Size rescaling:
Duel - 960 -> 1536
Tiny - 1664 -> 3456
Small - 2560 -> 4704
Standard - 4368 -> 6144
Large - 6656 -> 7776
Huge - 10240 -> 9600
Giant - 16000 -> 11616
Gigantic - 24000 -> 13824
Maps are now smaller.
Scenarios have updated size tag.
So Large and smaller maps are bigger, and Huge and larger maps are smaller.

That is someone used sizes of SVN 10307 not 10447 in this log.

@Anq @billw2015 or @alberts2 can you look at this save crash, that happens during EoT?
No idea why moving slavery to core could do that.
This is very advanced save.
This is the slowest save I have seen so far so thanks for that!
However no crash at end of turn on latest.

It is recommended only in case of crashes, otherwise it slows down game.
How much does it slow it down? If it isn't noticeably slower then the advice should just be to always use XP compat even if it does technically slow it down.

This is the slowest save I have seen so far so thanks for that!
However no crash at end of turn on latest.

How much does it slow it down? If it isn't noticeably slower then the advice should just be to always use XP compat even if it does technically slow it down.
Pedia is definitely much slower.
So I guess python related stuff works slower.

But only 2-3 Seconds more at EoT and the Pedia is about 1 Second longer to load,but that is minimal.
I guess you have faster CPU and memory, for me compatibility mode is only to circumvent bugs.

Someone copied wrong thing here - it was previous resizing, that got changed.
Actual size changes are:
Size rescaling:
Duel - 960 -> 1536
Tiny - 1664 -> 3456
Small - 2560 -> 4704
Standard - 4368 -> 6144
Large - 6656 -> 7776
Huge - 10240 -> 9600
Giant - 16000 -> 11616
Gigantic - 24000 -> 13824
Maps are now smaller.
Scenarios have updated size tag.
So Large and smaller maps are bigger, and Huge and larger maps are smaller.

That is someone used sizes of SVN 10307 not 10447 in this log.
Ah, okay that explains that. Thanks!

... sadly, now I have another bug.
Affects both the previous (#10999) as well as the current #11003 revision.
Basically I can't access the city building queue:
building_bug.jpg
Instead of the usual stuff, I can only spot a single black and white pixel. The buildings build fine, and I can chose a new one via the popup once the old one has finished.
Another screenshot:
building_issue.jpg
Or maybe I'm just too dumb to spot it, or the queue was moved elsewhere... sorry to bother you again.

View attachment 532973
Instead of the usual stuff, I can only spot a single black and white pixel. The buildings build fine, and I can chose a new one via the popup once the old one has finished.
Another screenshot:
View attachment 532974
Or maybe I'm just too dumb to spot it, or the queue was moved elsewhere... sorry to bother you again.
Did you delete UserSettings folder?
PPIO was merged in SVN 10722

Mod can't be in my documents and must be named Caveman2Cosmos

View attachment 532973
Another screenshot:
View attachment 532974
Delete the userSettings folder. Only needs to be done once, new userSettings files generated after that should be in the correct format.

Hello. Please tell me they changed something in the AI of units? After the update 1-2 months units in order to patrol do not behave as before:they're not detached far from the border and was treated immediately,and now,if the border there is an enemy they attack it and then not go on patrol and kill anyone you can cease the treatment,acting like berserks. In other cases, they behave as before.

Hello. Please tell me they changed something in the AI of units? After the update 1-2 months units in order to patrol do not behave as before:they're not detached far from the border and was treated immediately,and now,if the border there is an enemy they attack it and then not go on patrol and kill anyone you can cease the treatment,acting like berserks. In other cases, they behave as before.
There's a bunch of BUG options to influence how the "Automate border control" thingy behaves.

Top Bottom