Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Cog Merchant obsoletes at Optics, Carrack Merchant (the replacement) requires Astrolabe. Since Cog Merchant is an Ancient unit (Writing) and the next Sea Merchant unit (Clipper Merchant) is a Renaissance unit, it might make more sense to change the Carrack Merchant.

This is weird, I did a recalc after updating to 11093 and now housing is rebuilt every two turns for every city I own. Screenshots and save uploaded.
Spoiler Screenshots :
upload_2019-12-27_9-17-21.png

upload_2019-12-27_9-17-43.png

Attachments

• Housing Issue.CivBeyondSwordSave
    3.2 MB · Views: 97
This is weird, I did a recalc after updating to 11093 and now housing is rebuilt every two turns for every city I own. Screenshots and save uploaded.
Are you using any mods?
It asked me to do recalc even when github version is same as SVN version right now.

I can't recreate it, I have "ignore alerts from disabled buildings" off.
Reinstall mod.

A modified version of your no latitude nor longitude modmod. Uploaded a copy of my XML files I am using. I am not going to be near my computer for a few hours, so if you need any more info sorry.

Attachments

• Assets 11093.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
A modified version of your no latitude nor longitude modmod. Uploaded a copy of my XML files I am using. I am not going to be near my computer for a few hours, so if you need any more info sorry.
Looks like you removed sound effects from buildings, and removed space terrain/feature requirements.
Also you changed map category of some buildings/units to Earth and set some cost for -1 cost space units.

I did that in test and I was running into research overflow at some point of game - no city can have more than +210 000/turn of any yield and probably GP.

Your change shouldn't cause that housing bug though.
Can't replicate it here.

Upload your user settings and CivilizationIV.ini (its in C:\<USERNAME>\XYZ\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword )

Last edited:
User settings. As far as research goes unless I have all my cities focusing on it, technologies take at least 20 to 30 turns. I have to use enhanced research time because the myths at the beginning of the game speed me up too fast. And for space buildings, I used this (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/buildable-mission-rewards.649922/) and finished it.

Attachments

• UserSettings.7z
    2.8 KB · Views: 37
Update: The issue worked itself out after a few hours of game play, finally.

I've seen something similar to that bug happen; for me it was when I had access to a resource on a tile that 'flickered' every other turn. I only had access to prime timber on a region that was in between two widely-separated cities, and some bug that I couldn't find the cause of would make the tile with prime timber inside my territory for a turn, then outside the next, then inside again, etc. I think it's not the same here though, as you don't have the 'lost access to resource XYZ' red messages, unless you've that BUG option selected to hide civic/other inactive notifications?

Last edited:
Maybe, I don't really remember my BUG options. I don't think it was that though, every city would rebuild all of the available housing options every two turns.

SVN 11094 EoT CTD, save + dump archive included.CTD happened after turn or two after save. Win 7 x64, running without compatible modes.

Attachments

• c2c_2019-12-30.zip
    12 MB · Views: 61
Just had an MAF. Uploading most recent save, don't know how far back they are. Sorry. Don't think you need a screenshot. Don't know what else you might need. Not going to be near computer for a few hours. Running 11093 with modified xml. XML edits uploaded too. Posted in wrong place, result of too many tabs open.

Attachments

• MAF.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 407
  • AutoSave_BC-4109.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • Assets 11093.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Just had an MAF. Uploading most recent save, don't know how far back they are. Sorry. Don't think you need a screenshot. Don't know what else you might need. Not going to be near computer for a few hours. Running 11093 with modified xml. XML edits uploaded too. Posted in wrong place, result of too many tabs open.
Update to latest as there was fresh water bug in 11093

Will try that

You shouldn't get MAF here at all - its just Ancient era on Standard map.

Could be random crash.
Or you loaded multiple saves in row, or you played for 5 - 10 hours straight.
It uses only 1100 MB of RAM on load.

Yeah MAFs just happen sometimes and they usually just mean you played too long straight. There's a known memory leak in the exe we can't seem to do anything about. Not to say that mem leaks may not still exist in the dll somewhere but we've been cleaning those a lot lately. MAFs don't happen directly at the point that's causing them in the code as they are not a logic flaw error. They just happen when memory runs out. So usually it's a sign we have something to work on but the save won't help in most cases unless it's repeating the same crash, which wouldn't usually be a MAF. As a player, it's just a reload and go and perhaps save more often kind of affair.

Okay will remember take a break. I had been playing the game since 3 AM, insomnia is a serious pain in the ***.

after pressing NEXT turn, nothing happens, endless loop .. ?? new one . .
Ah... you already did. Ok, hopefully this weekend I may be able to take a look.

I post it here again, as I took wrong thread:

CTD when VRam load reached 800MB - seems to be an issue of grahics paging C2C Revision 11091
Graphics Paging is enabled in BUG
it's Pit's map
Currently it's all 2-3 turns, when VRam load goes over 800 MB
000.jpg

I post it here again, as I took wrong thread:

CTD when VRam load reached 800MB - seems to be an issue of grahics paging C2C Revision 11091
Graphics Paging is enabled in BUG
it's Pit's map
Currently it's all 2-3 turns, when VRam load goes over 800 MB
View attachment 542078
I can't help with this. @billw2015 may know a way to help here.

Top Bottom