Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

EDIT: 3. next turn, razed city and now when i click on my medical personnel only three of them do iy and not all, even with the ctrl, or alt dont matter wont bundle??
I've noticed there's a bug in this grouping mechanism since AND. I've never looked at how ctrl or alt or group or type select actually works in the code. I'm often not sure what is keeping things from joining the grouping but I think it has something to do with the grouping they may already be a part of? I'm not sure.

I think it has something to do with the grouping they may already be a part of? I'm not sure.

I've noticed that sometimes I cant change the grouping unless I first hit Select All units and then hit the ungroup button to separate them all from any group. Then I can re-group the units I want using Ctrl. Seems like this has been as long as I can remember or at least since playing modded Civ4. A minor annoyance but not a game breaker by any means.

PS: Thanks for patching that CTD, working flawlessly on 11086 :)

I've noticed that sometimes I cant change the grouping unless I first hit Select All units and then hit the ungroup button to separate them all from any group. Then I can re-group the units I want using Ctrl. Seems like this has been as long as I can remember or at least since playing modded Civ4. A minor annoyance but not a game breaker by any means.
Right, that's kinda what I was getting at.

how come after i get BUT not click on Propaganda, ALL my fixed borders civics Disappear and they r not t avail any longer??.. i need that because of the land that was left behind when i conquered a city ALWAYs leave land they that i cant use ??

Attachments

• fixed.JPG
    fixed.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 120
  • fix.JPG
    fix.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 122
how come after i get BUT not click on Propaganda, ALL my fixed borders civics Disappear and they r not t avail any longer??.. i need that because of the land that was left behind when i conquered a city ALWAYs leave land they that i cant use ??
Upload save.
Not all civics give Fixed Border mechanic.

Upload save.
Not all civics give Fixed Border mechanic.
yes i know that. . . also just noticed that when i did get Propg that all my Outlaws disappeared also, and now all that is available is the stupid Mobster cars, and now i cant attack cities without causing other civs to go to war, wish there was something that attacks cities without that,, or am i dreaming here...

Attachments

• Native.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
yes i know that. . . also just noticed that when i did get Propg that all my Outlaws disappeared also, and now all that is available is the stupid Mobster cars, and now i cant attack cities without causing other civs to go to war, wish there was something that attacks cities without that,, or am i dreaming here...
You can't build Outlaws anymore, because their upgrade is available - Mobster Cars.

@Thunderbrd there is incosistency: Outlaw is Ruffian and it upgrades to Mobster Car which is Criminal.
Class changing upgrades should be removed to simplify stuff.
Upgrades like that should only happen if it introduces new class.

@billw2015 on unrelated note this screenshot shows well why I suggested to highlight map resources without valid improvement.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-12-11 20-14-32-14.png

Toggle Show All Resources Display should make easy to spot resources with wrong or no improvement.
This was added as issue on github earlier.
Immediately north of Saint Petersburg you can see that coconut resource has wrong improvement.

You can't build Outlaws anymore, because their upgrade is available - Mobster Cars.

@Thunderbrd there is incosistency: Outlaw is Ruffian and it upgrades to Mobster Car which is Criminal.
Class changing upgrades should be removed to simplify stuff.
Upgrades like that should only happen if it introduces new class.

@billw2015 on unrelated note this screenshot shows well why I suggested to highlight map resources without valid improvement.

Toggle Show All Resources Display should make easy to spot resources with wrong or no improvement.
This was added as issue on github earlier.
Immediately north of Saint Petersburg you can see that coconut resource has wrong improvement.
Regarding the Ruffian shift to the Mobster Car, yes it is intentional that you lose mounted/driven ruffians entirely at that point. This is one of those things where as time changes, strategies must adjust. Ruffians continue to be possible, but through Partisans and Guerrillas.

The era of the 'Wild West' has come to an end because society has closed in on those wild outlaws by taming the wild. At paved roads and automobiles, patrols are generally keeping such massive rogue groups from even forming, and such criminals need to be more capable of blending in rather than standing out and willing to outright resist to authority with impunity and violence. Such resistance gets fully shut down before it can even form at this stage of societal development. Rubber wheels and engine demands, fuel, parts, require an attachment and involvement in society and they don't fare ALL that well across numerous types of terrains, but even weaker offroad vehicles are superior and able to carry more firepower than horses, provided you are again, engaged in society.

To survive, they must begin to start blending in and appearing to be everyday members of a community, doing their crimes in secret, just as those more urban criminals have always done.

The vigilance of law and investigation processes increase to the point that such open resistance has become enemy number one where it's found and society no longer allows it. People stop believing they have as much capacity to get away with it and would never join such a group anymore no matter how on the edge they are comfortable living. Thus ends the age of the bands of wild outlaws.

Yeah, this is a little uncomfortable to lose mounted ruffian lines at this point. It's sorta meant to be.

We could make them alternatively upgrade to Guerrillas or Partisans I suppose, ditching the mounts and continuing their mission on foot. I will consider that as I reevaluate the upgrade chains themselves.

This is not the only place that unit chains blend or merge into another chain, but I suppose it's one of the few, particularly in the planning I'm doing now, where an entire chain is completely obsoleted. I know this is a 'what if' mod and we could start envisioning some things that never happened like offroad biker gangs living on the fringe of society and resisting all authority and law and being strong enough to fight the military that comes after them, but historically, after the Wild West, that actually became a thing of the past in all Earth nations and there were good reasons for that.

Last edited:
We could make them alternatively upgrade to Guerrillas or Partisans I suppose, ditching the mounts and continuing their mission on foot. I will consider that as I reevaluate the upgrade chains themselves.
This sounds like good idea.

Partisans are unlocked before Outlaws, but so Outlaws can upgrade straight to Guerilla.

Sometimes units have upgrade, that seems to be redundant.
For example A upgrades to B, which upgrades to C, and then to D.
A upgrading to C/D is redundant, as it already can be upgraded to B.

Last edited:
Partisans are unlocked before Outlaws, but so Outlaws can upgrade straight to Guerilla.
Yeah that was the sort of thing I'd consider as I look at the unit charts. I wasn't sure which was first there. Only players that were willing to wait to upgrade to Guerrilla would be able to I presume, since I think Guerrillas are much later than Mobster Cars. That would tend to mean the AI will jump to the cars before Guerrillas become available.

also we need to get an upgrade for the unit in the pic, because if u dont get the compound, it NEVER upgrades??

Attachments

• maoppong1.JPG
    maoppong1.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 90
  • mappong.JPG
    mappong.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 88
also we need to get an upgrade for the unit in the pic, because if u dont get the compound, it NEVER upgrades??
According to DH, it's not supposed to. It's his design so you'll have to address that with him. He specifically wanted it to dead end like that and become little more than a legacy trophy unit after its usefulness wore out.

Have an odd issue. I recently got my old computer running. I had C2C running on it previously. I updated the SVN to 11086. I started a new game since the last time I played was about 6 months ago. Started a game and it has the old interface and when hovering over the flag, it shows Pre39.
I realized I forgot to delete my cache, so I started another new game after doing that and same issue. Save is attached. It seems to run fine, but I only played 1 turn.

Attachments

• Jayavarman VII BC-199231.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
Have an odd issue. I recently got my old computer running. I had C2C running on it previously. I updated the SVN to 11086. I started a new game since the last time I played was about 6 months ago. Started a game and it has the old interface and when hovering over the flag, it shows Pre39.
I realized I forgot to delete my cache, so I started another new game after doing that and same issue. Save is attached. It seems to run fine, but I only played 1 turn.
Never overwrite old version of mod with new one.

Make sure you don't have mod in my documents too.

Nothing in My Documents. Whenever I update the SVN, I always delete everything, save the UserSettings folder.

Nothing in My Documents. Whenever I update the SVN, I always delete everything, save the UserSettings folder.
Do you copy it from somewhere?

Maybe you overwrote base game with mod at one point? Reinstall game.

Hello,
just downloaded revision 11086 by SVN (brand new installation), when I start BtS, choose mod, choose C2C, it gives CPU crash with black screen when load screeen is at message ... (uncached). If I try to start using the .bat I get black page nearby instantly. (btw: ROM AND2 works fine)

Hello,
just downloaded revision 11086 by SVN (brand new installation), when I start BtS, choose mod, choose C2C, it gives CPU crash with black screen when load screeen is at message ... (uncached). If I try to start using the .bat I get black page nearby instantly. (btw: ROM AND2 works fine)
Make sure mod isn't in my documents, and its named "Caveman2Cosmos"

Top Bottom