Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Just downloaded and installed SVN version 11133. I also have Sparth's Civ MegaPack installed but only have one new custom civ initiated (Canada).

When I start C2C, I get a number of errors (see the attached image for an example). The errors are all the same except for the era label i.e. it starts as "ERA_ANCIENT", the next error says "ERA_SEDENTARY", the third "ERA_CLASSICAL", etc. There are also errors relating to "CIVIC_NOTRASH", "CIVIC_NOBORDERS", "CIVIC_NO_SPEAK", "CIVIC_NOFARM", and "CIVIC_NO_CURRENCY". After acknowledging the errors, C2C finally opens to the main screen.

The Canadian civ is still available for use as are the various Canadian leaders when I set up a custom game. The game runs as normal and displays the correct Canadian flag.

I noticed that raxo2222 mentions that "... Modmods and scenarios outside of mod won't work too". Is Sparth's civ pack included here? If so, will this be fixed so the mega-pack works?

upload_2020-3-18_5-33-11.png

Just downloaded and installed SVN version 11133. I also have Sparth's Civ MegaPack installed but only have one new custom civ initiated (Canada).

When I start C2C, I get a number of errors (see the attached image for an example). The errors are all the same except for the era label i.e. it starts as "ERA_ANCIENT", the next error says "ERA_SEDENTARY", the third "ERA_CLASSICAL", etc. There are also errors relating to "CIVIC_NOTRASH", "CIVIC_NOBORDERS", "CIVIC_NO_SPEAK", "CIVIC_NOFARM", and "CIVIC_NO_CURRENCY". After acknowledging the errors, C2C finally opens to the main screen.

The Canadian civ is still available for use as are the various Canadian leaders when I set up a custom game. The game runs as normal and displays the correct Canadian flag.

I noticed that raxo2222 mentions that "... Modmods and scenarios outside of mod won't work too". Is Sparth's civ pack included here? If so, will this be fixed so the mega-pack works?

View attachment 549319
All modmods are now completely broken in SVN 11132.

Tons of tags were renamed.

View attachment 549319

UPDATE: I disabled the MegaPack and created a new custom game using the German civ and Frederick leader. In less than a dozen turns, I was informed another AI player had won a scientific victory and the game ended!

Thanks for the info raxo2222. Looks like I'll have to learn how to make my own new civilization...

Even more so we should get those civs fixed, lol.
Again, unless you are planning on soon-ish getting rid of ALL civs to begin with and replacing them with cultures.

Something else.
Well, the new culture system has a weird downside for me personally (unless some civs were tinkered with additionally).
I'm playing as Israel on Pit's map (my version, replaces Egypt), which is NATIVE Middle Eastern.
I've captured Carthage and checked for how the culture is handled.
It shows that it switched to LOCAL Middle Eastern, even though previously Carthage had been African.
Is it deliberate, or maybe the civ was changed?
How do I then get other Native cultures?
I do hope I can get them, right?
Would be a huge pity to be limited to just the initial culture.

Last edited:
Even more so we should get those civs fixed, lol.
Again, unless you are planning on soon-ish getting rid of ALL civs to begin with and replacing them with cultures.

Something else.
Well, the new culture system has a weird downside for me personally (unless some civs were tinkered with additionally).
I'm playing as Israel on Pit's map (my version, replaces Egypt), which is NATIVE Middle Eastern.
I've captured Carthage and checked for how the culture is handled.
It shows that it switched to LOCAL Middle Eastern, even though previously Carthage had been African.
Is it deliberate, or maybe the civ was changed?
How do I then get other Native cultures?
I do hope I can get them, right?
Would be a huge pity to be limited to just the initial culture.
Yes, u can get em. This is how it looks in my game.
Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_2.png

How exactly?
I'm gonna experiment a bit more now (wasn't playing between posting here), but so far Carthage didn't give me any African cultures to build, so I'm confused.
PIts scenario may have disabled Assimilation game option if you aren't playing on savebreaking SVN.
Also those scenarios are broken on latest SVN.

PIts scenario may have disabled Assimilation game option if you aren't playing on savebreaking SVN.
Also those scenarios are broken on latest SVN.
I wiped out all predefined options before playing it, obviously.
But I now get a disabled Multi-build for Wonders somehow - did you revert it back in SVN or what?
Where can I check it in my game folder?

To sum up:
1. Multi-build of Wonders doesn't work.
2. I'm confused about getting other Native cultures, because when I conquer a different-type city, it simply turns into my Native culture.
I do have the feeling both things are rooted in some file being missing or misused.

Last edited:
Error in Tech Tree. Trackers str 2 now come before Chasers str 1. Either the Techs, Trails and Persistent Hunting, are switched in their respective columns Or the Units are assigned to the Wrong Tech. Even though Trails is a prereq for Persistent. Someone got confused imho. Please fix. :)

See Screenshots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 27
I wiped out all predefined options before playing it, obviously.
But I now get a disabled Multi-build for Wonders somehow - did you revert it back in SVN or what?
Where can I check it in my game folder?
Multibuild isn't option.
No idea why it was reverted, but @Toffer90 reverted it.
It was line 18341 in cvcity.cpp

Multibuild isn't option.
No idea why it was reverted, but @Toffer90 reverted it.
It was line 18341 in cvcity.cpp
It caused bugs, like AI managing to build two group wonders of the same group in the same city due to it.
2. I'm confused about getting other Native cultures, because when I conquer a different-type city, it simply turns into my Native culture.
You need to get X amount of local cultures before you can get the adopted culture. X is based on map size, usually around 3.
There is a 30% chance for a local culture to be destroyed when you conquer a city.

You will only ever have one Native culture, your own, other cultures can be adopted.
Adopted cultures function the same as the native culture in all respects at the moment.

Last edited:
Error in Tech Tree. Trackers str 2 now come before Chasers str 1. Either the Techs, Trails and Persistent Hunting, are switched in their respective columns Or the Units are assigned to the Wrong Tech. Even though Trails is a prereq for Persistent. Someone got confused imho. Please fix. :)

See Screenshots.
Can confirm it.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-03-18 17-03-28-17.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2020-03-18 17-03-37-08.png

This wasn't tech tag rename wild edit, as it would break other things, so probably Toffer's Neanderthal unit rework broke it.
Could be some sort of merge conflict...

Last edited:
We now have land tiles that give "-" (negative) defense ??? Definitely different, but is it a new design feature? Or a slippage from Terrain Damage idea??? <shrug> :dunno: But it's definitely different. ;)

EDIT: It's the tile with 3 :food:. They cover up the Crater if the tile's yield is turned On. I generally play with that On all the time.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
It caused bugs, like AI managing to build two group wonders of the same group in the same city due to it.

You need to get X amount of local cultures before you can get the adopted culture. X is based on map size, usually around 3.
There is a 30% chance for a local culture to be destroyed when you conquer a city.

You will only ever have one Native culture, your own, other cultures can be adopted.
Adopted cultures function the same as the native culture in all respects at the moment.
Rly? always was enough 1 city to adopt...

We now have land tiles that give "-" (negative) defense ??? Definitely different, but is it a new design feature? Or a slippage from Terrain Damage idea??? <shrug> :dunno: But it's definitely different. ;)
Yeah, I figured a crater would give negative defense similar to how a hill gives positive.
Being stuck in a crater with the enemy attacking from above is what I imagined.
Rly? always was enough 1 city to adopt...
That was too easy, needed a nerf.

NOT FAIR!!!
I got so used to fast Wonders already.
Damn.

Oh, cool.
But it should've been MENTIONED SOMEWHERE, ya know.
How would everyone else find out about it?
It certainly needs an update in Pedia somewhere.

All in all - another update, another set of disappointments due to broken expectations.
Guuuuuys... :(

Yeah, I figured a crater would give negative defense similar to how a hill gives positive.
Being stuck in a crater with the enemy attacking from above is what I imagined.
Makes sense in a certain way. Adapting to new tricks.

And what is your take on the Tracker/Chaser swap around? with Tracker coming before Chaser in the tech tree Chasers are now basically useless imo.

Makes sense in a certain way. Adapting to new tricks.

And what is your take on the Tracker/Chaser swap around? with Tracker coming before Chaser in the tech tree Chasers are now basically useless imo.
It was merge conflict, I'm fixing it now.

:rotfl:
Another exploit crushed. :mwaha: :mischief::lol:
If they didn't "try it out" before, I'd be fine with NEVER having it.
But now it looks like a deliberate move to force me into SLOW game play against my will.
Cause there this exploit doesn't exist to begin with.

Top Bottom