Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

OK, once again.
I have no clue WHAT happened, but I now can't move my land units onto ships whatsoever.
I won't upload a save HERE, because it happened like 80 turns earlier in-game, and I didn't want to risk a MAF to also open Opera.
I totally couldn't board an Outrigger with a "buffed" soldier (a General and a few Size-Ups).
But soon-ish (in-game-wise, because I'm now pausing my gaming until tomorrow) I will most hopefully finally unlock the Galley, which is clearly a transport ship.
So, if (or more like WHEN) it fails to work as intended - I shall post a save as well.
But I see this being a recurring error, so MAYBE you should look it up in the files first.
I would really appreciate that, thank you.
An outrigger can carry maybe 12 people, so no, Napoleon cannot march the Armee du Nord onto one.

An outrigger can carry maybe 12 people, so no, Napoleon cannot march the Armee du Nord onto one.
How do I actually SEE that in-game?
Is it [Cargo Size] on both the ship AND the soldier (and the latter must not exceed the former)?
Or what else?

This also utterly eradicates "naval army assault" as a tactic altogether.
I don't see how a few meek units (if even those can board these tiny ships in the first place) would make it worth the effort.
So it's an automatic safeguard bonus for civs like English and Japanese, who are on islands.
Boooooo, lol.

It's Cargo Capacity on the boat, and if it doesn't say one, it's zero.

It's Cargo Capacity on the boat, and if it doesn't say one, it's zero.
Huh?
So, again, the actual Outrigger - SHOULD it have any available cargo space or not ("from birth")?
As in, even for something small like a swordsman without any upgrades?

Huh?
So, again, the actual Outrigger - SHOULD it have any available cargo space or not ("from birth")?
As in, even for something small like a swordsman without any upgrades?
Outriggers are not troop transport units. They MAY have an ability to board 1 or 2 Individual sized units (like a hunter or scout) or something along those lines depending on promos and so on, but they will never be able to carry large numbers of people like a swordsman unit. There may eventually become a way once we have the Nomadic start stuff in place, but for now its an imbalance if an explorer ship like this would be able to bring an army with it. You're supposed to be a little frustrated with this limit at this time. Obviously, with tech, things open up.

Outriggers are not troop transport units. They MAY have an ability to board 1 or 2 Individual sized units (like a hunter or scout) or something along those lines depending on promos and so on, but they will never be able to carry large numbers of people like a swordsman unit. There may eventually become a way once we have the Nomadic start stuff in place, but for now its an imbalance if an explorer ship like this would be able to bring an army with it. You're supposed to be a little frustrated with this limit at this time. Obviously, with tech, things open up.
"A little", loool!!!
I mean, you do realize it was NORMAL PRACTICE not so long ago - to use ANY RANDOM SHIP as a TROOP CARRIER?
So, lol, I get your point (and I AGREE with it, immersion-wise) - but, damn, it's SO DISAPPOINTING.
Also, I still fail to get HOW I should know WHAT is my soldier's "cargo space size" or whatever.
I mean, I could see that the Outrigger shows [Cargo Size = 11], but is that the CARGO size OF the ship - or the SPACE it would take on ANOTHER CARRIER?
Seriously, this needs to be CLARIFIED much-much-much better.
Please, can you tell me this in unambiguous terms, huh?

Rafts and canoes have transport capacity, before outriggers. Boats that don't need Open Borders can't carry armies. It's a rule from vanilla.

How much of the mod Player's Guide have you read?

Rafts and canoes have transport capacity, before outriggers. Boats that don't need Open Borders can't carry armies. It's a rule from vanilla.

How much of the mod Player's Guide have you read?
Very little.
I've been playing this mod since around v.36-38, lol.
It's just that the mod is constantly evolving (pun intended) - and some newer features may have a shock value of their own, lol.
Anyways, I'm waiting for a more clear answer as to how to check my boarding pass for ships (lol), and that's it.
I do agree that this mechanic is a good idea, by the way.
I'm just unused to it.
Or maybe it's because I'm TOO used to Ultrafast speed, where Galleys pop up almost instantly - and they have less of a problem with this stuff.
Or HAD, at least.

Click on your unit, then you see the symbol for the unit at the lower end of the map screen. Press the "alt" key, hold it and hover over this symbol of your unit. Cargo Size is how much space the unit will need, Cargo Space, well is the space it has. A Raft has 66 Cargo Space, an Outrigger has zero (nothing is displayed). Cargo Size e.g. is 3 for a Brute, 11 for a Mammoth, 100 for a Medium Tank.

This is only when "Size Matters" is activated.

And no, there always have been ships that can't transport anything, even in Vanilla Civ.

The same alt key hover to find the cargo space works on non-SM games too but it's just a flat unit count by the category of type it carries, such as people, troops, fighters, missiles, etc...

The same alt key hover to find the cargo space works on non-SM games too but it's just a flat unit count by the category of type it carries, such as people, troops, fighters, missiles, etc...
Yes, which is what confused me when Size Matters cropped up.
I'm used to more literal "number of seats" that needs no behind-the-scene math.
But now I get it.

Click on your unit, then you see the symbol for the unit at the lower end of the map screen. Press the "alt" key, hold it and hover over this symbol of your unit. Cargo Size is how much space the unit will need, Cargo Space, well is the space it has. A Raft has 66 Cargo Space, an Outrigger has zero (nothing is displayed). Cargo Size e.g. is 3 for a Brute, 11 for a Mammoth, 100 for a Medium Tank.

This is only when "Size Matters" is activated.

And no, there always have been ships that can't transport anything, even in Vanilla Civ.
THANKS!
Yes, I know, but this baffled me when NONE of my available (waaay high-tech) ships could take my Super Unit (just a Jeep with some SUPER promos) on-board.
I obviously DIDN'T try boarding Submarines, of course, loool.

When the forest regrows is the lumbermill supposed to disappear? I keep having to check all my plots to see what disappeared now.

When the forest regrows is the lumbermill supposed to disappear? I keep having to check all my plots to see what disappeared now.
Oh, that's a bug if it happens when a forest grows into an ancient forest. I know what's up and how to fix it that's the case.

I'll fix that bug; and add a message to the player when a forest within your borders burn down if there's an improvement there.

Last edited:
Oh, that's a bug if it happens when a forest grows into an ancient forest. I know what's up and how to fix it that's the case.

I'll fix that bug; and add a message to the player when a forest within your borders burn down if there's an improvement there.
Thanks, that will be a big help.

Thanks, that will be a big help.
New SVN with refinements on the way, added graphical and sound effect to forest fires that happens on visible plots in addition to message in log if it's within your borders.

Edit: Also made it so units on the same plot take a bit of random damage if there's a forest fire. If a low HP unit dies from this you will also get a message about it.

Very helpful.

Edit: Also made it so units on the same plot take a bit of random damage if there's a forest fire. If a low HP unit dies from this you will also get a message about it.
Is this turned ON by Terrain Damage (preferably), or is it always ON?

Hello,

I think I may have encountered a bug in my current game. Playing on Emperor difficulty, after trading technologies in the ancient era with some other civs, they went from 'friendly' to 'annoyed'. Claiming I've both razed one of their cities and nuked them (and nuked their friend too), When I have done neither, nor have I declared war on them at any point. Any idea why this might be?

OK, I take back my worry about ships.
I had zero problem boarding my 3-in-1 Galley with my 30+ ATK (9-in-1?) Stone Spearman (or whatever it was, forgot to check).
It only probably crops up with MUCH bigger merging, like 27 or even 81-in-1.
Or there's a bug in modern ships, dunno and can't exactly test it now.

On a more general point (just bragging, lol):
Here's my 1200-turn Eternity save (yeah-yeah, Settler difficulty, SUE ME, lol).
I have 30+ cities, wiped out everyone in the Old World (except Japan, but it's gonna die in the next 50 turns max, my ship is currently resting in my "Suez" equivalent).
Still get 500+ money per turn, 900+ research, 1000++ culture - and NO PROBLEMS so far (and hopefully in the future).
I LIKE IT!!! :scan::king::goodjob:

Attachments

• ZZZ.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom