Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

The first issue was just a display issue, the unit had 4.96/5:strength: but it was displayed as 5/5:strength:. It is already fixed on GitHub.
The second issue is hard to debug because it doesn't happen every time.
Thanks for your help Alberts! Welcome back btw.

Something is wrong with forests. With time all of them are becoming burnt forests and don't recuperate. I have Lumberjacks built on them and they can't upgrade to Lumbermills on the forever burnt forest.

This is so little fun that I'd prefer to have no burnt forests at all. Btw Ancient Forest is not affected.

Last edited:
Something is wrong with forests. With time all of them are becoming burnt forests and don't recuperate. I have Lumberjacks built on them and they can't upgrade to Lumbermills on the forever burnt forest.

This is so little fun that I'd prefer to have no burnt forests at all. Btw Ancient Forest is not affected.
Yeah I've noticed all my forests get burnt away, I'm not sure what's going on here.
The probabilities probably needs tweaking, I'll look into it.

Screenshot_1.png
One of space maps, barbarians settled border between earth and space... Does this mean they live in athmosphere? :lol:

On 11142, I can not research religions once I reached the ancient era. I am the only one in the ancient era. Save and screenshot uploaded.
Spoiler Screenshot :
upload_2020-3-30_18-10-54.png

Attachments

• Assets.7z
    487.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Research Relgions.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
On 11142, I can not research religions once I reached the ancient era. I am the only one in the ancient era. Save and screenshot uploaded.
Spoiler Screenshot :
Literally happened to me in the last few hours, too.
But I thought it was Options-related or something.
Though it didn't stop me from researching *TWO* earlier religions myself.
Two guesses (too lazy to test the save):
1. You converted to a religion, and *THEN* the Options mechanic kicked in. Same as me.
2. It should have worked at the SECOND religion already, but somehow didn't, so you only realized it by the THIRD one. Compatible with my game as well.
Was that like that?

Haven't adopted a religion yet, founded one.

Haven't adopted a religion yet, founded one.
Limited Religion game option will disable further religion tech invention when you found your first religion.
Playing with divine prophets and limited religion allows you to cheese this mechanic by delaying the founding of a religion until you have researched multiple religion techs.

Limited Religion game option will disable further religion tech invention when you found your first religion.
Playing with divine prophets and limited religion allows you to cheese this mechanic by delaying the founding of a religion until you have researched multiple religion techs.
Oh, so it IS because of founding the religion?
Damn, should have thought about it beforehand, loool.
Wait...
No, I did found it AND built the Holy City Building.
Though it might have been that I chose the tech BEFORE I used the Prophet, dunno.

Is this new? I don't remember this mechanism.

Is this new? I don't remember this mechanism.
Quite new.
There was a recent discussion that "Limited Prophets" combo didn't give Prophets for researching a religion tech, so that was modded to work.
Which also meant limiting the number of such FREE Prophets to kinda-one.
Eventually it was modded to block the techs instead - but you just saw how that can be circumvented a bit.
Dunno, but I find this version a bit stupid, if anything.

Found reason for CTDs at ~2450 MB - It is Steam
Steam does provide two versions, the one is the official, the other is named "Beta - w/o support", made by community becausea bug in the original.
But but both don't work correctly, and this is because Steam made own dll.
The original Steam Civ4BeyondSword.exe has 12,528 size and gives CTD when Ram usage is at ~2,340 MB
The "beta" Civ4BeyondSword.exe has in additon a testapp2.exe of 11,374 size and a testapp8800.exe of 12,484 size and gives CTD at ~ 2,450 MB

Now I deleted the orginal Steam Civ4BeyondSword.exe and took the Civ4BeyondSword.exe of 2007 CD (works, Steam identifies if legal by own dll), and with the Steam Original files it gives CTD at 2,540 MB, and with files of "Beta" it gives CTD at 2580 - 2600 MB
So the package of the "Beta" but with the Civ4BeyondSword.exe of 2007 CD gives best result, and also with this the rising of used MB goes much slower than with the both other. I could run more than 200 turns before reach 2,580 while with same save and one of the original Steam exe I could do 40-60 only.

Also I got start the Civ IV now w/o Stream. The problem for Civ IV in Win10 is the d3d9.dll, which is DirectX 11 until Win7, while Win10 is DirectX 12 and Windows "gives" to the graphic card DirectX12, even if the application is set to Win7 in compatibility mode.
I found in my old file storage a d3d9.dll version working with Win10/64, that is file date Nov 20, 2010 file size 2,019 Version 6.1.7601.17514
Portable Executable 64 - 1.97 MB (2067456 bytes) - Saturday 20 November 2010, 15.26.01 - 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
(not yet played with it, only test if it starts)

Steam does provide two versions, the one is the official, the other is named "Beta - w/o support", made by community becausea bug in the original.
The beta version is what steam originally provided when CivIV first got to steam, many years later steam updated it with a broken update, when people complained that they broke the game they added the beta version that is in reality the closest original CD version you can get on steam.

The steam update was a response to the gamespy servers being shut down, so they mainly messed up multiplayer stuff, other stuff they messed up was only visible in mods like C2C.
Vanilla didn't have any noticeable in-game bugs due to their update other than they removing direct IP multiplayer option in main menu and some other MP related stuff.

Just needed to clarify that the beta version is not community related, but rather the opposite, it is the original firaxis released game as opposed to the steam-tampered version that you get without the beta.

Last edited:
The beta version is what steam originally provided when CivIV first got to steam, many years later steam updated it with a broken update, when people complained that they broke the game they added the beta version that is in reality the closest original CD version you can get on steam.

The steam update was a response to the gamespy servers being shut down, so they mainly messed up multiplayer stuff, other stuff they messed up was only visible in mods like C2C.
Vanilla didn't have any noticeable in-game bugs due to their update other than they removing direct IP multiplayer option in main menu and some other MP related stuff.

Just needed to clarify that the beta version is not community related, but rather the opposite, it is the original firaxis released game as opposed to the steam-tampered version that you get without the beta.
It's good that most of my games are cheat-patched AWAY from Steam.

Svn 11133
Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_2.png
due to border flipping (i guess) crusader managed to sneak in enemy territory with closed border (2nd screen shows that cannons cant enter it) and he can freely move there O.o

Attachments

• dmeyster November 30, AD-0621.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.8 MB · Views: 14
  • AutoSave_November 26, AD-0617.CivBeyondSwordSave
    5.7 MB · Views: 15
Svn 11133
View attachment 550564 View attachment 550565
due to border flipping (i guess) crusader managed to sneak in enemy territory with closed border (2nd screen shows that cannons cant enter it) and he can freely move there O.o
The Crusader can always enter foreign borders without war or open borders, it's in their stat list.
Untitled-1.jpg

The crusader goes where he please, cause he's on a crusade. More a freelance mercenary than a soldier in any army.

OK, once again.
I have no clue WHAT happened, but I now can't move my land units onto ships whatsoever.
I won't upload a save HERE, because it happened like 80 turns earlier in-game, and I didn't want to risk a MAF to also open Opera.
I totally couldn't board an Outrigger with a "buffed" soldier (a General and a few Size-Ups).
But soon-ish (in-game-wise, because I'm now pausing my gaming until tomorrow) I will most hopefully finally unlock the Galley, which is clearly a transport ship.
So, if (or more like WHEN) it fails to work as intended - I shall post a save as well.
But I see this being a recurring error, so MAYBE you should look it up in the files first.
I would really appreciate that, thank you.

Top Bottom