Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Yes, but it was more or less ok until this update. I only got memory allocation errors every other 50 turns or so. Also updated several times before while playing on this map and modifiers recalculation have never lead to this.
Of course, when recalculating, if you're on the edge of approaching a MAF, you're probably going to do it BY recalculating, so I would imagine the game had complexified a bit since you last did. Also, how long has it been since you updated before this one? I'm wondering if the game is actually even compatible at this point.

Probably caused by the removal of the mip maps (removed by mistake) from all textures, revert back to 11251, the only thing changed in 11252 was that mistake.

Mip maps allows less RAM to be used up by textures at any given time.

Bug:
burned forest gets replaced by bamboo always
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

Should only be 1 in 9 chance for it becoming a bamboo instead of a young forest.
"Should", but is not in fact. All fields being plain land + hill or grassland + grassland change to bamboo if burned. Even far in north where clima really isn't according that what bamboo needs to grow. Young forest does not grow after burning. Script not working proper.
.Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

"Should", but is not in fact. All fields being plain land + hill or grassland + grassland change to bamboo if burned. Even far in north where clima really isn't according that what bamboo needs to grow. Young forest does not grow after burning. Script not working proper.
.View attachment 576625
According to the BAMBOO feature xml, grassland is a valid terrain for it, we haven't implemented latitude restrictions to feature xml types, and plots doesn't have a temperature or climate other than the terrain.
I can remove grassland and plains as valid terrains for bamboo, though I wouldn't say it was a bug that the bamboo xml had those.

we haven't implemented latitude restrictions.
well, but for such like bamboo or other that is restricted for climate it is just a problem. You need to find a way to make such according, otherways it is (for me) a bug (in conception), even if it is not a technically bug. Same for animals, buildings (and these you have rastricted to latitude). Alternatively, restrict bamboo to geographical area (asia).
Edit: it's not only flat grassland, but also plain land and hills and even land that already has something, like wheat or wild with hunting camp.

That's a bigger project. The new woodland life cycle mechanic is just following blindly the game rules that has always been true for bamboo and other forest types.

Agrianian Axman, Roxolani Axman, Xifos cannot hit Barbarian? Only possible with Axman, Bison Rider, Chariot, Horseman. Why?
Why?
A big group of barbars come to me and I could not kill them with my best units.

Agrianian Axman, Roxolani Axman, Xifos cannot hit Barbarian? Only possible with Axman, Bison Rider, Chariot, Horseman. Why?
Why?
A big group of barbars come to me and I could not kill them with my best units.
Not sure because I haven't looked too closely at those units BUT a standard for ruffian units is that they are friendly with barbarians so if they are set to be, as a result of being based on ruffian unit designs, like bandits, then perhaps that explains it - or they might be set to be friendly with barbs for some unique historical reason.

Currently playing svn 11256, the vs criminal promotions for any military unit don't apply when defending/attacking with criminals/ruffians. I see the vs criminal bonus only when attacking them with police units, which is hardcoded I guess to the units

Also I can't see them (biker gangs, robbers, scoundrels end of atomic era), but this might be cause of the hide'n'seek option. I have police dogs fully promoted to see veiled and red tapped units (+3 visibility each), but can't.

Currently playing svn 11256, the vs criminal promotions for any military unit don't apply when defending/attacking with criminals/ruffians.
Interesting... that should be no different in application than any other combat class modification. hmm... That's something to really confirm and dive into and may well just be a display issue perhaps - or something a lot deeper.

BUG or willed?
I play the ready-made v41 package. Research pottery, 15 turns to go. Get message that sometimes research has setback and research end goes from 15 to 18 turns.
So far ok, but 2 turns later, when I'm at 17 and next should be 16, the counter jumps to 6 and not to 16

So far ok, but 2 turns later, when I'm at 17 and next should be 16, the counter jumps to 6 and not to 16
Most likely you got a boost of tech in some form from something you didn't notice, a water tribal island from your borders expanding maybe. If it happens again, see if you can get an autosave from a turn before it or close to.

Top Bottom