Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

New game started with SVN 11233:
--Apostolic Palace and Congress of Vienna are both active and asking for votes simultaneously. A successful vote for Open Borders doesn't seem to stick; it keeps coming up as an option.
--Factory (Baskets), Factory (Beads), and Factory (Lacquerware) don't show my current production of the item in their tooltips.
--Judge still shows Construct Ordinance (Youth Curfew) as an option after it's been built. The option is greyed out when the judge is in any other city, but it disappears when the judge is moved to the Police Academy city.

Last edited:
New game started with SVN 11233:
--Apostolic Palace and Congress of Vienna are both active and asking for votes simultaneously. A successful vote for Open Borders doesn't seem to stick; it keeps coming up as an option.
--Factory (Baskets), Factory (Beads), and Factory (Lacquerware) don't show my current production of the item in their tooltips.
--Judge still shows Construct Ordinance (Youth Curfew) as an option after it's been built. The option is greyed out when the judge is in any other city, but it disappears when the judge is moved to the Police Academy city.
The open border thing is normal for me, and both show up because they don't obsolete until mass media.
The youth curfew thing is normal, all the special buildings built by special units do that where they gray out the option
The factories don't actually produce anything that is why they don't show current production.

On SVN 11238:
Subdued Wallaby doesn't show options to build Myth, Story and Stories - Wallaby
see screenshot
all other animals Ok, so far

C2C Wallaby.jpg

Attachments

• C2C Wallaby.jpg
    C2C Wallaby.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 69
I don't think wallaby has ever showed any other option than to build herd of kangaroo and related hunting camp. Also the animals are a bit of a mess.

I don't think wallaby has ever showed any other option than to build herd of kangaroo and related hunting camp. Also the animals are a bit of a mess.
The description says it's supposed to build Myth and Stories, but well, if it ain't, then never mind...

he description says it's supposed to build Myth and Stories, but well, if it ain't, then never mind...
The animal system as a whole is somewhat of a mess. Aurorchs also don't have myths or stories etc, some animals have too many, so on so forth. There will likely be a significant change to that system at some point (I'm slowly working on right now), but pointing out these quirks is helpful, thank you.

The open border thing is normal for me, and both show up because they don't obsolete until mass media.
The youth curfew thing is normal, all the special buildings built by special units do that where they gray out the option
The factories don't actually produce anything that is why they don't show current production.

Rope, beads, and lacquerware are all tradeable items and are tracked by the game.

Rope, beads, and lacquerware are all tradeable items and are tracked by the game.
Yes I know that, but the industrial era factories of those resources don't actually produce anything.

Yes I know that, but the industrial era factories of those resources don't actually produce anything.
Those are special ones - DH was doing system, where only huts produced resources, workshop requires huts and factories require workshops.
Rope, beads, lacquerware, toys and few others are like this.

Okay, I know that I was just answering some guy who thought the factories not producing was a bug.

After the last update (11240), at the beginning of each turn, four non-critical errors appear. They do not interfere with playing, but they annoy indescribably. Tested on UEM v 5

1. AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isAlive'
2. File "Revolution", line 535, in onBeginPlayerTurn
3. File "BugEventManager". line 307, in _handleDefaultEvent
4. Traceback (most recent call last):

UPD: I checked it in another scenario - the same thing.

Last edited:
After the last update (11240), at the beginning of each turn, four non-critical errors appear. They do not interfere with playing, but they annoy indescribably. Tested on UEM v 5

1. AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isAlive'
2. File "Revolution", line 535, in onBeginPlayerTurn
3. File "BugEventManager". line 307, in _handleDefaultEvent
4. Traceback (most recent call last):

UPD: I checked it in another scenario - the same thing.
Thanks for reporting, probably a scenario specific issue as this didn't happen on generated maps (what we tested the changes on). I'll investigate.

EDIT: Doesn't happen for me, could you upload your save perhaps (maybe it's game option related)?
EditEdit: Ok, managed to replicate it using UEM v5.

Last edited:
A little nitpick "bug". Neanderthal NPC Mammoth rider has Animal Flag not Neanderthal Flag. See screenshot

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 52
A little nitpick "bug". Neanderthal NPC Mammoth rider has Animal Flag not Neanderthal Flag. See screenshot
There are graphic settings that can cause incorrect flag assignments - then there's the possibility of a real bug since some things were done to reorder the player IDs among the NPCs. @Toffer90 should look into that...

Sidenote: meeting a Neanderthal NPC Mammoth rider 2/3rds of the way thru Preh Era was a bit of a shock! Dodging them up thru early Ancient was quite the trick. Did manage to kill a damaged one (6.95/9) with a couple of my Cree trackers on an 85% defensive bonus hill really helped with that effort. Mammoth rider charged right at them as soon as it spotted them. Other wise better sight range and run away tactics have been the play so far! :p

And I still don't have Obsidian either! Youngest city survived an Obsidian armed Neanderthal NPC stack (headed by Osidian sword) only because I had just gotten Toltec Warrior and had sent 3 of them to help defend the new city.

Has anyone else gotten this weird bug where the mouse stops working? I know it is not my mouse and I am pretty sure it is not computer, it works fine after I reload the game by loading a save game. Here is a save where it happened but it probably can not be replicated because loading a save game makes it go away. On SVN before save breaker.

Attachments

• Mouse not working.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
Top Bottom