Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Captured Neanderthal can be upgraded to both Gatherer and Neanderthal Gatherer..

Last edited:
No! Not such caused this. Nothing hurried the research in that turn.
Is the option on where you get research from other players? If that is the case one of them might have researched the tech giving you a boost from that or even settled a city making him strong enough you get research boost from him.

Captured Neanderthal can be upgraded to both Gatherer and Neanderthal capturer.
Fixed this, thanks.
Is the option on where you get research from other players? If that is the case one of them might have researched the tech giving you a boost from that or even settled a city making him strong enough you get research boost from him.
It would take a pretty extreme edge case to get this effect - maybe playing a duel map with 1 opponent, WFL on, and the opponent just placed their second city? - but more likely there was some event the player missed or didn't notice, happens to the best of us. Unless it happens again, probably not an issue.

option is that I get research from my vasalles as parent, but none had any, they are far away from my research.
As this is a random event with the go step back in research, it is not replicateable by loading the autosav made before.

why stone watchtower does not mark the field with culture/ownership like wooden watchtowers do?
see screenshot
1 = wooden watchtower, 2 = stone watchtower, 3 = wooden watchtower, 4 = wooden palisandes, 5 = stone watchtower (while the stone watchtowers get buid automatically 25 turns after built wooden watchtower. Means, while wooden watchtower are borders not able to pass for other, now, after 25 turns, the fields are passable with stone watchtower. Need to destroy all stone watchtowers and build wooden new, all 25 turns)

Edit: 2 turns later, next wooden watchtowers are stone woodtowers, but now one stone watchtower (the 6) kept the culture/ownership of the field. (1 = wooden wt, 2 = stone wt, 3 = storne wt, 4 = stone wt, 5 = wooden palisande, 6 = stone wt
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Don't see any logical reason for such, so I suspect it's a bug

Edit 3:
2 turns later, destroyed stone tower No 2 and built wooden watchtower again, but field gets not back the ownership and culture. So my suspect that it is a bug, looks to be confirmed.

Last edited:
why stone watchtower does not mark the field with culture/ownership like wooden watchtowers do?
v41 has some issues with watchtowers that should be fixed in current SVN; there will likely be a v41.1 at some point to fix that and a handful of other errors... and I'm assuming you're playing v41 proper, unless I'm wrong? If you're playing on the most recent SVN on a game that is properly updated, then something weird is happening.

Latest SVN

When training Camel Rider they dont have Heat1, 2, 3 free promotions as they always have been and according to description

p.s. Tried adding in WB misc. Camel mounted units, seems they all miss that promotion. Tried adding Maccabee unit - he have Heat1 promotion - everything correct.

Last edited:
Latest SVN

When training Camel Rider they dont have Heat1, 2, 3 free promotions as they always have been and according to description

p.s. Tried adding in WB misc. Camel mounted units, seems they all miss that promotion. Tried adding Maccabee unit - he have Heat1 promotion - everything correct.
I suspect that a fix I made for that was undone at some point by someone who thought my fix was an unnecessary step as I originally thought myself before I added it. This is a little tricky because if the system tries to give the unit Heat 1 then 2 then 3 in order, it works great but if it gives 3, it eliminates it as being invalidated before it even tries the other 2.

I'll try to remember to take a look at this again later.

I suspect that a fix I made for that was undone at some point by someone who thought my fix was an unnecessary step as I originally thought myself before I added it. This is a little tricky because if the system tries to give the unit Heat 1 then 2 then 3 in order, it works great but if it gives 3, it eliminates it as being invalidated before it even tries the other 2.

I'll try to remember to take a look at this again later.
I think it's more than that. At some point, the Arctic and Desert promotions were changed to require Combat I (I suppose to make them more in line with the other terrain promotions), but the units having these promotions from the start were not given Combat I as well. You also lose e.g. the Arctic promotions of the Mammoth Rider if you load an older game when assigning the next promotion.

Please disregard my last message, I tried another game and it worked fine so I probably did something wrong the first time, although I'm not sure what.
If a mod can delete this message and my previous one I would appreciate it.
There is "delete post" next to edit

Top Bottom