Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

Not sure what you mean, git doesn't have dll's, and SVN always come with the finalRelease dll.
When I do a Github update using FinalRelease, then when I start to load the Game during the 15-20 minute build process it builds a New Final Release Dll. So your statement confuses me from what I see my Github build do?

Not to sound rude, but I might as well just start over. Using the save posted, cities have built things I don't want and random improvements have been added. I don't feel like going through 18 cities one by one and going through the massive build list or going over every square of my territory and figure out what was built and what wasn't built. I will just start over and withdraw my complaint.

Edit: I am also tired of all the culture issues, my squares keep randomly turning, cities mysteriously start revolting because somehow one my cities that has existed for hundreds of turns decide to suddenly adopt a whole new culture.
When I did the 2 turns I did minimal actions. Just enough to get the EoT button to turn red. So I did nothing to cities. But I did have to move some work boats.
EDIT: I'm keeping your save game so I can see how the Civics are acting in this Era and Time frame of the Game. I have yet to get a Test game as far as you are in this save. Thank you for posting this save.

When I do a Github update using FinalRelease, then when I start to load the Game during the 15-20 minute build process it builds a New Final Release Dll. So your statement confuses me from what I see my Github build do?
The git mod install/setup just compiles the dll type that you last compiled upon launching the game after changes have been made.
So if you go into your folder and run this bat `Caveman2Cosmos\Tools\MakeDLLRelease.bat`, then whenever you start the game, and the dll detects changes in the source folder, it will compile the normal release dll (as that's what was compiled last) which only takes about 2 minutes to compile.

The git mod install/setup just compiles the dll type that you last compiled upon launching the game after changes have been made.
So if you go into your folder and run this bat `Caveman2Cosmos\Tools\MakeDLLRelease.bat`, then whenever you start the game, and the dll detects changes in the source folder, it will compile the normal release dll (as that's what was compiled last) which only takes about 2 minutes to compile.
Thank you. Old dog new trick! :p :lol:

@Team,
Have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed new Year, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. :):love:

terracotta and porcelain workshops keep coming back to be built each and every turn . .even though i have them listed as being on the built list the turn before??
They are replaced by equivalent factories, so it seems like factories keep burning down or something

Obsoletions were set in very lenient way, because buildings can be destroyed by events, or when cities get conquered.
EDIT: Everything seems to be correct, but there was something bugged, so I simplified requirements of those replacements.
That is those factories now won't turn off themselves for no reason letting you build those workshops for no reason.

Last edited:
have a red blob on a earth item, Barringer crater/scrub.... (its not the rogue otherwise IT would show up red blob also ..even if u move the rogue the red blob stays there ..

EDIT: also why dont "rogues" show attack odds?? see pic 2
You have broken something, need to do full cleanup.
Rightclick on mod folder, hover over TortoiseSVN, click on cleanup, select all options and then do cleanup.

Doesnt look like they are attacking. They end up seen and thus defended against due to the defenders seeing them as they get into the tile i am guessing.

keep getting this error?? even after a fresh clean up . ..

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 509, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1362, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 4277, in updateInfoPaneStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

btw,, hows # 574 going . .and 575

not the point,,, if "u" take all the gurellia's and attack, and take over the city, it is a repeatable, CTD . .
Was referring to the rogues not getting any odds.

repeatable CTD WHEN the guerilla's attack the city i have circled ..
Managed to stop it from CTD-ing, but I want to investigate it further before updating SVN, something strange is going on when you destroy the early fighter planes stationed in the city upon conquering the city, the exe calls functions on uninitialized selection groups and units upon trying to remove the fighter jets from the battle, which cause the CTD without a "this != NULL" check, the question is why the exe does this, and that I want to delve into a bit more in case there's something we can do to stop the exe from calling these illegal functions in the first place.

Managed to stop it from CTD-ing, but I want to investigate it further before updating SVN, something strange is going on when you destroy the early fighter planes stationed in the city upon conquering the city, the exe calls functions on uninitialized selection groups and units upon trying to remove the fighter jets from the battle, which cause the CTD without a "this != NULL" check, the question is why the exe does this, and that I want to delve into a bit more in case there's something we can do to stop the exe from calling these illegal functions in the first place.
It went faster than I imagined, so a proper fix is now on its way to the SVN.

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't seem to load some of the advisor screens after updating to the latest SVN. In particular, the scientific advisor is inaccessible. Also, I think some of the advisor buttons are missing altogether, or at least the advisor buttons start about 1cm to the right of the start of the blue rectangle in the top right with the clock on it. See the attached screenshot.

Spoiler :

1672916326015.png

The buttons that aren't working are the domestic, civics and science advisors on the right, and the info screen and build queue screen on the left. Hotkeys don't work to open the screens either.

Some popups also seem to have disappeared, as far as I can see. In particular I'm not getting the popup asking what I should research first. Have I misconfigured something, or is this a bug in the mod?

Last edited:
Hello,

Getting a repeatable CTD on the attached save. Just updated to 11531.

I'm not having a MAF error or anything like that. Just crashes while the computer players are doing their turn.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sargon February 17, AD-1826.CivBeyondSwordSave
    24.8 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom