Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

@Toffer90, @Blazenclaw, @raxo2222

flabbert removed all the Storm events and files from the mod. So I have a question: why in BUG is there still a checkbox for No Storms? If I uncheck the box will it cause problems?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 39
I use C2C world map alot. Here lately the amount of copper, iron, horse has almost dried up. I use the normal resource allotment not the additional ones.

Plus I found an AI that built a cottage/hamlet on a horse resource! The only horse resource discovered thru early Classical era. And that AI does not have any mounted units. It also seems to have an unused elephant source as well! I just discovered right before posting about this.

Something is off. I have researched iron already and have none. Neither do my 5 neighbors. No one has copper either. The Mali have obsidian while all the rest of us still only have stone weapons. Luckily, I had elephant right by my start spot.

My elephants have kept the Arabs, Ottomans, mali, Carthaginians, and Siam out of my territory. Or I would be in big trouble. They also allowed me to over come a barb city that was bigger than my Capital city. That was sending stacks of 60 plus stone spear, slingers, and spiked clubmen against me by end of the Preh Era.

Edit: This is using the Landmass setting of Archipelago for C2C World. I have not transferred these games over to this computer so no savegame ofr screenshots available yet. Other computer is not on the net. Has an issue which prevents it from being connected.

Last edited:
Why has Arsonists lost their Bombard ability?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 27
Why has Arsonists lost their Bombard ability?
BillW I think removed it. They'll have a little bit after unit review anyhow, maybe not as much as they did. I didn't think it was too op to have some small amount.

now this is ridiculous . . .i went from taking over the city using then story tellers to get the anarchy back to 0 and then 2 turns later -554, wt_ _ _ _..... game attached is one turn before this happens. . .

Attachments

• WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Undeadwarl51.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
BillW I think removed it. They'll have a little bit after unit review anyhow, maybe not as much as they did. I didn't think it was too op to have some small amount.
They had it before the turn of the year. Now they are pretty much useless except as fodder.

now this is ridiculous . . .i went from taking over the city using then story tellers to get the anarchy back to 0 and then 2 turns later -554, wt_ _ _ _..... game attached is one turn before this happens. . .
Do you actually own the city right now? There's so many highwaymen and those are spreading a LOT of crime against you, even if they're yours! Those guys are bandits to be sent to cause problems to others, not usually good pics for a military. Yes they are strong when built but that's because they start off a rank higher than normal since they are ruffians - they also can't merge further beyond what they come out as.

Don't the Entertainers have to be set on Patriot to stop Revolts Or reduce anarchy time? All I saw in your screenshot was a looter promo? When did they become looters?

They had it before the turn of the year. Now they are pretty much useless except as fodder.
Haven't personally manipulated any xml since probably before last year but I know that Bill and a number of others, perhaps Flabbert, were deeply disturbed by their over-utility in this regard. I'm not sure who 'removed' that ability - it wasn't what I wanted to see happen. But that's how a number of 'spot' unit adjustments have gone as I work on mapping things out further.

Don't the Bards have to be set on Patriot to stop Revolts Or reduce anarchy time? All I saw in your screenshot was a looter promo? When did Bards become looters?
No, they have some ability to reduce revolt chances just by being there but it's stronger when they ARE set on Patriot buildups. As for reducing anarchy time, that takes the work of art mission that sacks them to cut down turns and as I understand it, it cuts down on a lot of them at once. However, this seems like a lot of revolt time to me too. I thought it was recently reviewed...

EDIT: Looks like Toffer's already found the bug.

Haven't personally manipulated any xml since probably before last year but I know that Bill and a number of others, perhaps Flabbert, were deeply disturbed by their over-utility in this regard. I'm not sure who 'removed' that ability - it wasn't what I wanted to see happen. But that's how a number of 'spot' unit adjustments have gone as I work on mapping things out further.
It would be nice if some of these guys would play test what they did before they change things. The Arsonist was the early bombard unit before you got early siege units. Now there is a "gap" or rather the ability to assault ancient cities is pushed back further in the tech tree. When something works why does someone else want to change it? And the unit was never OP imho. I won't even bother to build them anymore if they stay like they are now. Wasted unit and xml for this unit too.

Reactions: tmv
Do you actually own the city right now? There's so many highwaymen and those are spreading a LOT of crime against you, even if they're yours! Those guys are bandits to be sent to cause problems to others, not usually good pics for a military. Yes they are strong when built but that's because they start off a rank higher than normal since they are ruffians - they also can't merge further beyond what they come out as.
i just put them there to re-heal is all, didnt know that they cause that damn much anarchy in ur own city, and yes i own it . .

Looks like I might've made a mistake, and occupation timer dependence on culture got unbounded. I'm assuming these are timers immediately after conquest?

Timers reappearing after bards entertaining though, I have no clue about.

A very minor issue in the latest SVN. I noticed that "Master Sea Hunter" is missing from the Pedia's 'Units | Special Units | Misc Units' branch. Other 'Master' types are there.
I just wanted to find out what tech/resource I need to build this unit from a Great Hunter.

Top Bottom