Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

I checked the text file...

It's a BUG!!!

This explicitly looks like having been left out by mistake, because it makes no sense otherwise.
Ah, there's also:

Which uses both Heritages and Folklores...
Basically, this is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a transition from one wording to another.
DAMN.
More of an oddity due to WIP, all the folklores will be converted into heritages eventually.

More of an oddity due to WIP, all the folklores will be converted into heritages eventually.
I hope "eventually" means "this week", lol.
Question: Is it purely text-name based, or is there something deeper involved?
Basically, if all is needed is to rename all "folklores" into "heritages", why is it taking so long?
Unless there's more behind it, of course.

Space map - duel
2024-02-08_22-05-33.png
c1dd3f4c8f0dd1c4713234403f7507ee.jpg

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but since @Thunderbrd has mentioned a unit review in the past:

The Neanderthal Clubman has a -75% city attack modifier for some reason? Even though regular clubmen don't. That problem goes away when you upgrade to a Neanderthal Spiked Clubman, but they still don't have the Clubman's normal bonus vs melee. I've also noticed that the Restful Recovery Buildup seems to not go past the first rank even though there aren't any tech prereqs that I can find. It's possible that's also a bug relating to the Neanderthal Clubman, I haven't checked with other units.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but since @Thunderbrd has mentioned a unit review in the past:

The Neanderthal Clubman has a -75% city attack modifier for some reason? Even though regular clubmen don't. That problem goes away when you upgrade to a Neanderthal Spiked Clubman, but they still don't have the Clubman's normal bonus vs melee. I've also noticed that the Restful Recovery Buildup seems to not go past the first rank even though there aren't any tech prereqs that I can find. It's possible that's also a bug relating to the Neanderthal Clubman, I haven't checked with other units.
This is to keep them from being too capable of eliminating all rivals with enough of them trained without then having to declare war - they can attack faster than defenses that can demand a reduction of defense can be built so are quite imbalancing if they don't take a serious penalty to attacking cities. They're meant to be a form of Ruffian unit that terrorizes the countryside without giving away the nation they are from but when it comes to attacking cities aren't organized enough or really smart enough to figure out the more complex nuances of a homo sapien society enough to understand the tricks city defenders tend to utilize. At the spiked clubman stage of them, they are starting to get much more used to the whole homo sapien ideas of tricks and such.

This is to keep them from being too capable of eliminating all rivals with enough of them trained without then having to declare war - they can attack faster than defenses that can demand a reduction of defense can be built so are quite imbalancing if they don't take a serious penalty to attacking cities. They're meant to be a form of Ruffian unit that terrorizes the countryside without giving away the nation they are from but when it comes to attacking cities aren't organized enough or really smart enough to figure out the more complex nuances of a homo sapien society enough to understand the tricks city defenders tend to utilize. At the spiked clubman stage of them, they are starting to get much more used to the whole homo sapien ideas of tricks and such.
I suppose that makes sense. I was on my way to smash a barb city that had interposed itself between me and a spot I wanted to settle when I noticed that my Neanderthals had 0% odds. I can see why it would be necessary to stop you from attacking the AI though, especially if you're playing with settings that limit culture spread. Settle on a high production tile and go to town.

I suppose that makes sense. I was on my way to smash a barb city that had interposed itself between me and a spot I wanted to settle when I noticed that my Neanderthals had 0% odds. I can see why it would be necessary to stop you from attacking the AI though, especially if you're playing with settings that limit culture spread. Settle on a high production tile and go to town.
It's not impossible to play this strategy - but with the hidden nationality aspect of these early massively powerful units, I believe its preferable if it enforces a more dedicated and declared early domination strategy.

And then there are Free Promotions, which you can (if you're lucky) accumulate to the point of Strength 5 and better... just by killing Pigeons. Not a joke, kinda did it myself already, lol.

Maybe it's intended to have to wait for the farming/husbandry buildings, but at the moment it's not possible to construct the feather worker from a subdued bird. The civilpedia states that it provides the bonus feathers but also requires it, so that seems kind of odd.

I nosed around the xml's for these requirements, because I thought it made historic sense to be able to use feathers before farming birds, but couldn't find those requirements there. Is it compiled somewhere?

I'm using the latest SVN revision.

next SVN will change it to not require feathers.
There are a bunch of other unit reward problems (i.e can't build fish pens from subdued fish among others). Are those going to be fixed as well, or just the feathers?

UPD. The problem was caused by my dual-screen setup. Not related to recent updates.

After updating to SVN 11578 I noticed that the framerate is now 10 FPS average. The graphics feel laggy and remind me of a slideshow. Nothing was changed is game settings, OS settings etc. GPU load is < 15%, CPU load is < 10%. Can this be somehow related to the new heritage advisor or some other recent changes in the code?

Last edited:
After updating to SVN 11578 I noticed that the framerate is now 10 FPS average. The graphics feel laggy and remind me of a slideshow. Nothing was changed is game settings, OS settings etc. GPU load is < 15%, CPU load is < 10%. Can this be somehow related to the new heritage advisor or some other recent changes in the code?
Are you SURE you didn't leave some older files in the updated folder?
This feels like a graphics problem, which has nothing to do with the latest updates.
I also have played Civ yesterday and had none of such problems.
So... dunno.

Plays Good for me.

I have a question that might be related to all the recent changes in folklore and heritages. In the attached image, how do I acquire the various taxons required to build some of the animal enclosures?
1709214381328.png

I have a question that might be related to all the recent changes in folklore and heritages. In the attached image, how do I acquire the various taxons required to build some of the animal enclosures?
View attachment 685540
These are currently in the process of deep editing, and thus are BUGGED more often than not. I guess we just need to wait until it's FULLY edited.

Top Bottom