Six-Months War; Take 4

I posted the map, probably after you loaded the page already.

Also, the area the FERR is in was annexed by China after the Great War, so I'll assume that instead of the USSR, you meant China.

To: The United States of America

This is great news.

To: The United States

We've had a long history of disregarding your threats, and don't wish to break the chain.

To: Greek Republicans
CC: Italy, Other Greek Factions

It is the position of Generalissimo Estardo and the government of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Alfonso XIII of Spain, that the republicans of Greece represent the only legitimate potential successor to the antebellum government. We hope that the Kingdom of Italy will join us in extending recognition to you, and pledge whatever assistance we may be able to provide to your cause. Destabilizing elements in Greece must be quashed so that the Hellene people may be free, and the Mediterranean may be stable.

Yay! My radio plans are working! :) I'll have to see if I can write something related to that...

Though, there are two things I want to say something about.

- "Un Hispanidad" is incorrect, as "Hispanidad" is feminine, and "Un" is a masculine article. The correct thing would be "Una Hispanidad".
- Generalissimo Estardo should be called "Nicolás Estardo", not "Nicholas Estardo". I direct you to www.behindthenames.com, where you can find names and their equivalents in other languages.

OOC: @TLK: Er... yeah. Pretoria as well. I sort of didn't even notice Transvaal existed until after the 1923 update. :p
Very, very OOC: We'll have to sort that out at some point.

From the Free Greek Government
To Greek people:

While the Communists and pseudo-Republicans betray you and side with the Italian- Spanish occupyers who want to exterminate the Greek race and destroy orthodoxy, we shall fight to the last man. The war has only started. We call all Greeks to refuse any help to the occupyers. Fight for your nation. Fight for your religion. Do not make the deaths of so many warriors in 1821 to be in vain. Resist the occupation.

To: Hussein bin Ali, Arab Rebel Leader

We send another message in an attempt to end the bloodshed. We are not offering any sort of concession anymore, but will accept unconditional surrender in the name of ending this meaningless conflict.

This is your final chance.

@TheLizardKing

I think you misinterpreted my orders. I didn't mean to dismantle the entire caste system this turn (although my wording might have made it a little confusing), I was just going to begin this turn, and I most definitely haven't given the workers the right to strike yet. The only thing I did was make it so that the courts cannot be biased according to class. I also started cracking down on corruption (with help from the army if they get restless), not support strikers.

Also, may I request a name change to The Kingdom of the Netherlands?

OOC: Oh god this looks so fun. Sorry for my short run as Denmark, but can I take Sìchuān instead now, merely because of the chaotic fun factor? :)

To: Greek Republic
CC: Spain, World

We concur with the Spanish position. We also recognize the Greek Republic as the legitimate successor to the Monarchy. We also will give the Greek Republic any aid they require should they sign peace with Italy, and Spain.

ooc: By the way almost half of my orders were ignored so I asked LizardKing to re-do the entire war.

To: The Far Eastern Russian Republic

We congratulate you on your success brothers and will gladly recognize you and offer an alliance. May the glory of Russia live forever.

To: Far Eastern Republic

The Emperor extends his full recognition of your total independence and nontarnishable sovereignty. Furthermore, we offer you a comprehensive military alliance and we offer you an economic alliance so the Far Eastern Republic may prosper from trade with the Empire of Japan, separate from the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere.

To: The World
CC: Chinese Factions

Japan will continue to take steps to ensure a future of stability in the former Chinese Empire.

To: The Qing Empire

The Qing Government has continually proven it's inability to effectively govern. Why should we simply allow Manchuria to return to Imperial control? If we were to do such, we could not guarantee the continued security of Korea or the Far Eastern Republic. It is the opinion of Japan that an independent Manchuria must be established as a buffer zone between China and Korea.

@TheLizardKing

I think you misinterpreted my orders. I didn't mean to dismantle the entire caste system this turn (although my wording might have made it a little confusing), I was just going to begin this turn, and I most definitely haven't given the workers the right to strike yet. The only thing I did was make it so that the courts cannot be biased according to class. I also started cracking down on corruption (with help from the army if they get restless), not support strikers. The inability of the police to really do much aside from the occasional detainment hasn't helped much, as the angry capitalists and investors in the area aren't help much either. If you have any questions about the nationalists, or my thoughts on the matter, I can answer them, preferably through PM.

Also, may I request a name change to The Kingdom of the Netherlands?

Even if it was a small reform meant to occur over a period of time (which isn't necessarily how I interpreted it from your orders), these are nationalists who have been oppressed for a very long time. You give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. But sure, I can change your name for you.

OOC: Oh god this looks so fun. Sorry for my short run as Denmark, but can I take Sìchuān instead now, merely because of the chaotic fun factor? :)

Of course.

ooc: By the way almost half of my orders were ignored so I asked LizardKing to re-do the entire war.

Believe me, I dissected your orders, and looked for any reason for what to happen, not to happen. But sending over half of your entire army to the north, to sneak through sovereign land is generally a bad idea. We're talking about hundreds of thousands of soldiers, not a small company, or even a brigade. You invaded a sovereign nation, in Macedonia, then attempted to cross hundreds of miles of occupied Slavic areas, then firm Austrian areas. It was definitely a bad call. Had those soldiers remained in Greece itself, to protect against the naval invasion that you knew was coming, I am confident in saying that Italy and Spain would have had a difficult time getting past the beaches, and you could have even beat back the initial invasion. The only part of your orders I chose to ignore, were the revised ones, where you said to attack Austrian soldiers, should you encounter them. I thought that was ridiculous, OOC, and I don't see soldiers already being forces to march through incredibly hostile land, willing to do that. Using my all might Mod powers, I made it so that your army by and large gave up, or (and this was entirely beneficial to you) return back into Greece to fight the Spanish and Italians. I am willing to debate what happened with you, for as long as possible. Trust me, I wasn't exactly jumping at the idea of giving Spain and Italy such an easy time about the invasion, specifically when regarding their battle plan. But there wasn't much I could do, all things considered. Also, stop posting on my wall. Either send me an entire PM, or post your complaints in thread.

Yay! My radio plans are working! :) I'll have to see if I can write something related to that...

- "Un Hispanidad" is incorrect, as "Hispanidad" is feminine, and "Un" is a masculine article. The correct thing would be "Una Hispanidad".
- Generalissimo Estardo should be called "Nicolás Estardo", not "Nicholas Estardo". I direct you to www.behindthenames.com, where you can find names and their equivalents in other languages.

I can change the Hispanidad thing, but don't make me redo the Times Article. :p

To: Aleyska

We happily accept.

To: Japan

We are honored, and happy to be an ally of Japan.

To: The Japanese Empire

We will acknowledge your rule over Manchuria, if you recognize Imperial rule over all the rebelling regions.

Even if it was a small reform meant to occur over a period of time (which isn't necessarily how I interpreted it from your orders), these are nationalists who have been oppressed for a very long time. You give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. But sure, I can change your name for you.

But these are officials I'm sending these orders to, not nationalists... and I was pretty sure that these officials would do everything in their power to oppress the natives without actually breaking the law. And what about the army? Why are they supporting the strikers?

You made it very hard to opress anyone with the rights you've given out. The Army isn't supporting the strikers, it's merely enforcing their right to do so, as the colonial population is in sort of a "grey zone" of what exactly they're allowed to do, and what they can't do. You have afforded the Indonesians many rights that have left the police and army in a position where they feel confused as to what exactly they're allowed to do. The Indonesians, on the other side of the coin are taking advantage of the leeway given, and striking for overall better conditions, and against the aristocrats that are breaking the laws you just put in place. Which is another problem for the military, and the police, as if they arrest the strikers, they'd have to shutdown most of the factories indefinitely, and arrest the owners of the factories as well. This problem can be solved by a government sponsored crackdown on the protesters, revoking some of the rights you have afforded everyone, or adding more caveats about what is and isn't allowed by the colonial population. You have set the seeds of discontent though, and many more extreme sects are gaining power in the eyes of the commoner, especially some Islamic Brotherhoods in Sumatra, Communist and Marxist groups throughout the more industrialized regions, and a general pro-Republican, anti-Imperial vibe through the rest of the nation.

While you're attempting to appease the Indonesians before a revolt occurs (at least from what I gather) you've only expedited the process, by making it easier for nationalistic ideals to spread. To many of the natives, the Dutch government seems very weak, very liberal, and is almost encouraging the masses to rise up against the colonial officials, who have been restricted.

To: Hussein bin Ali, Arab Rebel Leader

We send another message in an attempt to end the bloodshed. We are not offering any sort of concession anymore, but will accept unconditional surrender in the name of ending this meaningless conflict.

This is your final chance.

Guessing that's a no? :p

Dammit. And I had posted more than 7 pics with battle formations and war maps.

Anyway, Can I re-join the game as the Guanxi Clique?

To: The Ottoman Empire

It would be insulting to those who died for us to quit now.

OOC:

Yes, you can join as them.

To: Spain

Spain's invasion of Greece, began without first notifying the diplomatic community and after Spain and Italy had made it clear in public that Spanish forces would not be involved in the war, is displeasing to Germany. In the face of this breach of diplomacy, Germany feels that it is in her best interests to withdraw from the Madrid-Berlin Pact.

To: Republican Greece

After the erratic actions of the Greek monarchy, Kaiser Wilhelm recognizes the Republican government as the rightful ruler of all of Greece. Furthermore, we wish to extend our aid in putting an end to the communist uprising in northern Greece, should you desire it.

To: The World

Despite the outbreak of civil war, Germany continues to support the Qing Empire as the only rightful ruler of China and we withhold recognition from any breakaway territory. We hope to work with the Chinese Empire to consolidate their rule over the region and ensure peace and stability.

Stats should be up, let me know any mistakes I made. I have to run to work, so I'll add the Chinese Warlord stats later tonight, and response to any diplomacy or OOC.

Top Bottom