So why was CFC down (on and off) the last 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that turning off the search helped for a time till the issue was resolved (IIRC till a server upgrade happened or more RAM was added).

It was down for me earlier today, so i did something else for a bit.
It would be a shame if people started doing something else permanently, don't you agree? At some point, people may just decide to not bother coming back.

We're trying to find out what is causing the problem, and trying some measures at least to help with stability until it's properly fixed. I turned off the "Users online" feature on the main page yesterday and today I turned off the *NIX server load limit. I hope this will help to some degree, although the latter action was immediately followed by a brief outage, so it's certainly not cured it.

Ainwood is far more technically savvy than I am and he's trying to get some clearer information for you, but in the meantime please know at least that this is just as annoying for us as it is for you and we are trying to fix it.

What just happened? That was my Tohoku earthquake! It's not just busy server, the whole thing went down!

I don't know what has changed or been fixed, but the forums are 'cooking with gas' again. :banana:

Lets hope it is fixed, or else next major civ announcement it is going to go very wrong again.

I guess the forums should try 'cooking with diesel'.

Server too busy on the half hour, by the half hour. This is starting to become like Thursday all over again :-/.

Genghis Khan's Mongol hordes are savagely plundering the server resources! :(

I am getting frequent "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." and, even when it does load, quite a bit of lag. :( I know, I know, reading the above reports, its not new news, but still ... go away lagmonster!!!

You have got lucky then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom