1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Visor, can you talk to me about pzelda, in terms of both this game and meta?

2. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Honestly I'm not sure I can explain his meta

He's pretty good at making posts as a wolf. Just one of those players where he just feels differently as wolf and villager even if posts are laid out similarly. They come across differently, he responds slightly differently etc.

Kinda like jarrema, back in the day

In terms of this game I like his recent posts well enough

I'd go read cold war then Mario then Franklin if I were you and you might get an idea of his meta

3. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Boo! So mary was an officer (and a gentleman?), does that mean she was a PR? Why is nobody talking about this? And why couldn't she have been replaced? So many questions.
    Please, I did my phd in wagonimics at Scumington Institute of Wolfery
    I don't trust Dolbs.
    Wolfy.
    Was ballsy by the wolves though. Figured he'd be protected yeah. Perhaps we don't have any docs.
    I am a dark beautiful horse but I'm not a wolf. Why me tho?
    THAT WAS HIM?
    This is off. Wagonomics is definitely a thing. This is not debatable. Why would a villager make this post?
    But you never know when spotlight fatigue kicks in. We may have been bored of lynching Csargo today had he made it. Bussing him d1 seems unnecessary, specially considering that the Summer wagon had fair traction behind it.
    Mafia games are an adult activity if you do it right. :cooool:

Some musings:
    Occam's razor says the Csargo wagon is pure. In general, bussing tinfoil hasn't been productive for us lately. Now this is assuming that Sommer is town, which he may not be. But I'm giving him a town point based on statistics if nothing else. w/w wagons d1 happens but w/v wagons are much more frequent. If there was a busser I'd look at manasi, she made some posts that looked like she was probing for a way off the wagon.

I always find the offwagoneers interesting in these scenarios. As wolf it's kind of a decent compromise between bussing and jumping on a counterwagon. I find that it's more temping to sit there as wolf than town.

Those are Johanna, Arakhor, Aimee and Winston.

I guess it's within Arakhor town meta to be cautious but still.

I don't see why Jo or Winston, as town, wouldn't just hammer down of whatever of the two wagons they preferred.

From the Sommer wagon I'm liking Monty the least right now. Thinking Monty or Jo right now.

4. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

I'd need to read over his posts to have a proper idea but he has posted well enough for me imo

5. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

We can assume from the sign-up post that there is only one mafia team, but there may well be third parties, so bearing in mind the voting tallies below, I don't think that Sommerswerd and Takhisis are mafia together.

15 mins until EoD1
    Sommer-
    Yako, Dolbster, Monty, Snerk, Argon, Pzelda
    Csargo- Zack, Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Sommer
    Takhisis - Raskol, Csargo
    Dolbster- Johanna
    Aimee- Mary
    Argon - Arakhor
    Visor- Aimee
    Arakhor- Winston
    No Vote From- Manasi

End of Day 1
    Csargo-
    Zack, Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Sommer, Manasi, Raskol
    Sommer- Yako, Dolbster, Monty, Snerk, Argon, Pzelda, Csargo
    Dolbster- Johanna
    Aimee- Mary
    Argon - Arakhor
    Visor- Aimee
    Arakhor- Winston

6. Winston Hughes

With two of my top scum reads in a tiebreak at the end of d1, I'm never gonna jump on one or other when I can wait for someone else to do it.

That would be wasting a chance to gain info just to look less suspicious myself.

Only way I'd have jumped is if it got very near Tim's deadline without somebody else stepping up.

7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

More accurately... my wife's choice... as from my perspective there really is no choice ;) At the risk of TMI... the choice was literally just made for me a moment ago :yup:

On another note... Is anyone else still seeing Christmas smileys? I mean I like the Christmas smileys a lot, but its February for crissakes (pardon the pun)... Even Russian Christmas is over at this point :lol:

Arakhor, who do I talk to about this issue?

8. Winston Hughes

I'm kinda puzzled by the term wagonomics.

It gets used as if it's some kind of specific analytical process, but it always seem to me like people are just looking at voting patterns and applying their own set of largely undefined prejudices, setting aside aspects of individual psychology and situational motivation as if they're somehow unimportant in the development of those patterns.

If there's actually something more scientific going on there, I'd very much like to hear someone explain it.

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

You are neglecting meta here.
    Zack pushing for Csargo and Tak makes it likely they would both get so much love. Beside, Takhisis being Takhisis, he, out of all people, is very likely to get attention D1.

Sommer was already up there 7/8 hours before EOD iirc.

So, Csargo/Tak/Sommer world being wwt is definatly not to be ruled out for me. Neither is the temptation to bus for Csargo/Tak in that world.

That's the kind of bold move I don't see scum buddies do so close to EOD.
    See how Snerk/LA moving fast on Sommer, and Visor/Empfool on Csargo went under the spotlight yesterday (Syn/Monty fighting over it, me mentioning both moves, Winston inquiring about it today, you linking LA/Snerk to Csargo based on his readslist and their voting pattern, etc...)

I am not ruling out www world either, but globally I like Sommer's posts (not agreeing with them, but I don't see them as wolfy)

@Sommerswerd: this should reply to your last question too. I want to add that I am not liking your proposal of suicide.

10. Winston Hughes

If ever I knew a post of mine was getting a like from someone...

:goodjob:

RRRaskolnikov and Visorslash like this.
  11. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I don't know for Visor, but for me it's a mix of unsubtle trolling/pocketing :goodjob:

12. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

WH I'm doing a TED talk on wagonomics this May.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  13. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

"Pocketing"?

14. Arakhor

Press Ctrl-F5 to refresh your cache. :)

Pocketing refers to when a mafia-aligned player buddies up to a town-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the mafia-aligned player favourably. Usually the mafia-aligned player will defend the town player in order to "pocket" them.

15. Winston Hughes

I was just being snugglesome for old time's sake when I put you in the non-lynchable group yesterday Ras.

From what I've seen so far today, you're earning a place there on merit.

:king:

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  16. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

;)

17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Where will I be when I post that sheet I promised?

Spoiler :
    In NK zone!

18. Winston Hughes

So it is just bollocks, then.

Good to know.

:p

Yakostovian likes this.
  19. Arakhor

Actually, that's quite appropriate, given that economy literally means "household management" in Greek, in as much as people are managing their expectations of people according to their vote patterns, rather than applying any actual psychology to the matter. Also, a dozen economists will have 13 opinions on something, so that also fits. :p

20. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I intend to open with this quote. It will generate some chuckles and will be a nice icebreaker.

Winston Hughes and RRRaskolnikov like this.