Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Honestly I'm not sure I can explain his meta

He's pretty good at making posts as a wolf. Just one of those players where he just feels differently as wolf and villager even if posts are laid out similarly. They come across differently, he responds slightly differently etc.

Kinda like jarrema, back in the day

In terms of this game I like his recent posts well enough

I'd go read cold war then Mario then Franklin if I were you and you might get an idea of his meta

I am resigning my commission as a Starfleet officer. Good luck everyone.
Boo! So mary was an officer (and a gentleman?), does that mean she was a PR? Why is nobody talking about this? And why couldn't she have been replaced? So many questions.
Y'all have no concept of wagonomics
Please, I did my phd in wagonimics at Scumington Institute of Wolfery
I don't know what OT is and at this point it's been so long that I'm afraid to ask
I don't trust Dolbs.
I’m shaking in my boots
Wolfy.
Well, I am surprised Zack was around without protection. It must have been on Winston or Visor.
Was ballsy by the wolves though. Figured he'd be protected yeah. Perhaps we don't have any docs.
I want to lynch in Tak, Sommer and perhaps Empoof

Maybe snerk as a dark horse
I am a dark beautiful horse but I'm not a wolf. Why me tho?
Also, Snerk not voting Winston on D1 in his first game after Winston jinxing Liverpool's title run in 2014 is out of character.
THAT WAS HIM?
i dont care about wagonomics
This is off. Wagonomics is definitely a thing. This is not debatable. Why would a villager make this post?
The problem with the 'everyone who voted Csargo can be town' line is that Csargo was the default lynch yesterday. By the time the votes started to pile up, it was obvious Zack was de facto town leader (if even I'm not seriously doubting him, Zack is pretty much lock clear), and was not going to back off his Csargo push. At this point, Csargo's chances of surviving more than another day or two approached zero, making him a liability for the scum team and a very viable candidate for bussing, especially if there was another scum player in the running to be lynched (as well as you, both Tak and Empoof could fit here).
But you never know when spotlight fatigue kicks in. We may have been bored of lynching Csargo today had he made it. Bussing him d1 seems unnecessary, specially considering that the Summer wagon had fair traction behind it.
Mafia games are better than <adult activity of choice>, you know. :)
Mafia games are an adult activity if you do it right. :cooool:

Some musings:
Occam's razor says the Csargo wagon is pure. In general, bussing tinfoil hasn't been productive for us lately. Now this is assuming that Sommer is town, which he may not be. But I'm giving him a town point based on statistics if nothing else. w/w wagons d1 happens but w/v wagons are much more frequent. If there was a busser I'd look at manasi, she made some posts that looked like she was probing for a way off the wagon.

I always find the offwagoneers interesting in these scenarios. As wolf it's kind of a decent compromise between bussing and jumping on a counterwagon. I find that it's more temping to sit there as wolf than town.

Those are Johanna, Arakhor, Aimee and Winston.

I guess it's within Arakhor town meta to be cautious but still.

I don't see why Jo or Winston, as town, wouldn't just hammer down of whatever of the two wagons they preferred.

From the Sommer wagon I'm liking Monty the least right now. Thinking Monty or Jo right now.

We can assume from the sign-up post that there is only one mafia team, but there may well be third parties, so bearing in mind the voting tallies below, I don't think that Sommerswerd and Takhisis are mafia together.

15 mins until EoD1
Sommer-
Yako, Dolbster, Monty, Snerk, Argon, Pzelda
Csargo- Zack, Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Sommer
Takhisis - Raskol, Csargo
Dolbster- Johanna
Aimee- Mary
Argon - Arakhor
Visor- Aimee
Arakhor- Winston
No Vote From- Manasi

End of Day 1
Csargo-
Zack, Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Sommer, Manasi, Raskol
Sommer- Yako, Dolbster, Monty, Snerk, Argon, Pzelda, Csargo
Dolbster- Johanna
Aimee- Mary
Argon - Arakhor
Visor- Aimee
Arakhor- Winston

I don't see why Jo or Winston, as town, wouldn't just hammer down of whatever of the two wagons they preferred.

With two of my top scum reads in a tiebreak at the end of d1, I'm never gonna jump on one or other when I can wait for someone else to do it.

That would be wasting a chance to gain info just to look less suspicious myself.

Only way I'd have jumped is if it got very near Tim's deadline without somebody else stepping up.

That is explicitly your choice, after all. ;)
More accurately... my wife's choice... as from my perspective there really is no choice ;) At the risk of TMI... the choice was literally just made for me a moment ago :yup:

On another note... Is anyone else still seeing Christmas smileys? I mean I like the Christmas smileys a lot, but its February for crissakes (pardon the pun)... Even Russian Christmas is over at this point :lol:

Arakhor, who do I talk to about this issue?

I'm kinda puzzled by the term wagonomics.

It gets used as if it's some kind of specific analytical process, but it always seem to me like people are just looking at voting patterns and applying their own set of largely undefined prejudices, setting aside aspects of individual psychology and situational motivation as if they're somehow unimportant in the development of those patterns.

If there's actually something more scientific going on there, I'd very much like to hear someone explain it.

Analysis of votes to determine who's scum basically(past, aka vote count analysis), or the generation of wagons to create data to make determinations from. Tak/Csargo voted for eachother yesterday when they could've voted Sommer and made it less likely that yesterday would've been Tak vs Csargo so I don't that they're mafia together (the Csargo/Tak/Sommer world conceded as possible)

You are neglecting meta here.
Zack pushing for Csargo and Tak makes it likely they would both get so much love. Beside, Takhisis being Takhisis, he, out of all people, is very likely to get attention D1.

Sommer was already up there 7/8 hours before EOD iirc.

So, Csargo/Tak/Sommer world being wwt is definatly not to be ruled out for me. Neither is the temptation to bus for Csargo/Tak in that world.

Csargo and Tak had the opportunity to make it so that EoD wasn’t MvM if that’s the case, so what are YOU doing

That's the kind of bold move I don't see scum buddies do so close to EOD.
See how Snerk/LA moving fast on Sommer, and Visor/Empfool on Csargo went under the spotlight yesterday (Syn/Monty fighting over it, me mentioning both moves, Winston inquiring about it today, you linking LA/Snerk to Csargo based on his readslist and their voting pattern, etc...)

I am not ruling out www world either, but globally I like Sommer's posts (not agreeing with them, but I don't see them as wolfy)

@Sommerswerd: this should reply to your last question too. I want to add that I am not liking your proposal of suicide.

On another note... Is anyone else still seeing Christmas smileys? I mean I like the Christmas smileys a lot, but its February for crissakes (pardon the pun)... Even Russian Christmas is over at this point :lol:

Arakhor, who do I talk to about this issue?

Press Ctrl-F5 to refresh your cache. :)

"Pocketing"?

Pocketing refers to when a mafia-aligned player buddies up to a town-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the mafia-aligned player favourably. Usually the mafia-aligned player will defend the town player in order to "pocket" them.

I was just being snugglesome for old time's sake when I put you in the non-lynchable group yesterday Ras.

From what I've seen so far today, you're earning a place there on merit.

:king:

Where will I be when I post that sheet I promised?

Spoiler :
In NK zone!

I'm kinda puzzled by the term wagonomics.

It gets used as if it's some kind of specific analytical process, but it always seem to me like people are just looking at voting patterns and applying their own set of largely undefined prejudices, setting aside aspects of individual psychology and situational motivation as if they're somehow unimportant in the development of those patterns.

If there's actually something more scientific going on there, I'd very much like to hear someone explain it.

Actually, that's quite appropriate, given that economy literally means "household management" in Greek, in as much as people are managing their expectations of people according to their vote patterns, rather than applying any actual psychology to the matter. Also, a dozen economists will have 13 opinions on something, so that also fits. :p

Top Bottom