1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. VGL

VGL Deity

Oh.I didn't see the year.

2. VGL

VGL Deity

But in my games,Turks are too powerful,china never reborn(making Korea and Tibet controlling china.),France almost controls Europe in medieval,Incas NEVER collapse,Spain Britain,France and Portugal never settles lots of cities in the new world and Persia and Arabia do not control their historical empire.

EDIT:is there a in game picture taker???

3. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Wow, with the exception of France controlling Europe, I have the EXACT opposite problems.

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Print screen

5. VGL

VGL Deity

Hey guys i have an idea.
    What about some civilization start which civics that they don't have the tech (example:Roman republic starting with representation or Persia starting with secularism.)
    And sometimes you will receive certain events depending to current year (even if you don't have the certain tech) or sometimes randomly to change your civics (requires the required tech) or face consequences.
    A historical example:It is guaranteed the the Nazis will rise and Hitler will come to power.

Option 1: Ban the party
    Effects: Unhappiness +2 for 10 turns

Option 2:Let them become power
    Effect: Switch to autocracy,totalitarianism,fanaticism,and imperialism.

A random example:The #Countries dominate religion # Are brainwashing are people for us to become from a #current government and religion civics# to a fanaticism theocracy

Option 1:That will be great!
    Effect:Change to theocracy and fanaticism.

Option 2:Those people!
    Effect:Get two turns anarchy.

Option 3: Punish them by doing the opposite and force them among people.
    Effect: Switch too Secularism and totalitarianism.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

I like events where one choice is a civic change, especially to make the AI more willing to change there. But the alternative should never be so prohibitive that you are forced along a specific path.

7. VGL

VGL Deity

Only historical ones are like that
    EDIT:Never mind

8. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

Actually it might be a good idea to make 'revolution' a completely automatic thing. Civic changes don't create anarchy unless there is cause for the same. And if you don't change a civic enough number of people want, it would automatically trigger a revolution and make you change to that civic whether the player likes it or not. This will be more challenging to a gamer, than just 'chosing' (like a god :p) how the civ will evolve.

9. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

I don't like the idea of forced civic changes (or really forced anything). It's better if you have a choice between a revolution and some malus so that you don't feel arbitrarily forced into stuff (which is rarely liked or a good thing). I think Leoreth's solution is fine.

10. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

But (for me) that's the fun of the game... :(

11. Leoreth

Actually the most basic template of such an event could be to either receive a civic change for free, or suffer one turn of anarchy to stay in your current civic.

12. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

I like this idea too. Thing is if we're trying to move towards a history simulator, then we should make the idea of civic changes and revolutions more realistic. This idea of your's Leoreth balances both worlds perfectly.

13. VGL

VGL Deity

I think a plus 2 anarchy is better.

14. Daffy

Daffy Prince

America with 1700AD start
    viceroy, epic, svn revision 725 or so

infantry and machine guns in 1820's

I assume the AI tech-speed is way too fast, especially on the slower game speeds

I had a similar problem playing argentina..
    spain had destroyers and infantry around 1840 there too..
    monarch, epic speed

i think it's mostly the dutch, british and spanish are the ones going too fast in the 1700 scenario, probably due to their empires and the great income they receive from them

could the tech rate be modified in some way?

Attached Files:

15. Leoreth

I'm looking into it.

16. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

I want some help with modding . For my India game, I want to make the Mughal spawn conditional upon the Seljuks controlling Afghanistan. How would I remove the Mughals in case I succeed in keeping the Seljuks out ? Which file do I modify ? Also is there a way to get rid of the forced vassal caps ?

17. Leoreth

There's a thread for this kind of question.

18. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Deity

I forgot where the thread is, could you link it please :( . I haven't been on the DOC thread for a while now.

19. The Diocletian

The Diocletian Fire Fly

Modmodding Q&A Thread

20. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

Now that internet is not expensive and paid by the hour somewhere which is a 25 minute drive away, I will do a little follow-up on this post.

As citis pointed out in the Bugs thread, large cores make civilizations immortal. Same with cores which encompass all of the cities for a civilization. I will start a thread on core area reform soon.

The numbers for this ought to be different for the AI and the human, simply because AI collapses are an essential part of the game and human ones almost assuredly end it, or at least any sort of fun.

I think something like this would be reasonable:
    If stability is below -40: AI collapses after 2 consecutive turns, human after 5.
    If stability is below -20: AI collapses after 5 consecutive turns, human after 20.
    If stability is below 0: AI collapses after 25 consecutive turns, human after 250.