Suggestions and requests

Yes, I had nightmares for roughly a week.

When I'm sick with fever I tend to have nightmares in which the bedsheets become too big for me to handle... ok that probably has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Something more sensible. Independents can spawn great people with the default GP name lists. Perhaps it would be a good idea to remove those name lists from the default GP unit entries (except great spies, which the independents can't spawn anyway) so it isn't too immersion breaking when the event notifier informs of one of them spawning (ie. it will just say 'Great General has been born at...' instead of 'Vercingetorix/Chandragupta Maurya has been born at...'), either that or forbid all kinds of great people from spawning for them like for barbarians, but that would weaken eg. Jerusalem.

Also, may I suggest changing the marsh terrain with the art assets from this?

Performance issues, I think
Not really. Caveman2Cosmos introduced multi-threading, that could easily eliminate crashes because of video ram overload. Have tested it myself. Turn times still would be rather long, of course.

I personally actually dream of RFC-DoC being implemented on a giant Earth Map. It would be awesoome. But I suppose a ton of a work.

Well, i think it wouldn't be hard to select the right map (there is few decent bigger maps used in other mods), and then change the coords in the code. But i'm not modder, so i don't know how hard would actually be to support 2 sets of coords (for the current map and the bigger map), or if it's even possible (but pretty much anything is possible :) ).

Each civ has two pairs of settler and war maps defined in the code, they are written like an excel matrix with a historical value for EACH tile. Just trying to change each of them to a bigger map is probably nightmare-inducing like Leoreth said. Not to mention the myriad bits of dll and python code targeting specific tiles.
Anything is possible, but there's only so much a human can put up with before saying "screw it".

Not really. Caveman2Cosmos introduced multi-threading, that could easily eliminate crashes because of video ram overload. Have tested it myself. Turn times still would be rather long, of course.
Did they really? Or are you referring to the viewport feature?

Well, i think it wouldn't be hard to select the right map (there is few decent bigger maps used in other mods), and then change the coords in the code. But i'm not modder, so i don't know how hard would actually be to support 2 sets of coords (for the current map and the bigger map), or if it's even possible (but pretty much anything is possible :) ).
Most of the code assumes the same underlying map, so supporting two different sizes would require even more work.

I also haven't seen a decent world map other than Rhye's that features a sane projection (Robinson) and enlarged Europe.

What's with Vikings having the Greenland coast as a historical area, but it being impossible to settle due to being all snow? There's even names in the CNM for it, which sadly won't see any use.

In case it's open to suggestions: I know that historically their settlements there eventually failed, but the same can be said of Vinland. My suggestion would be for their historical area there to start as grassland ("green"land southern coast apparently was warmer than usual during the 800 - 1300 AD period), place some forests and maybe some food bonuses there, then after a certain date (1300?) they turn to tundra, and later to snow if we want things to get cool.

Here's a possible redesign of the area:
Spoiler :

Another suggestion: preventing independents and natives from popping goody huts, like barbarians. In the 600AD scenario, a scout from the Maya cities usually takes the ones in both Americas before anyone can get to them.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 441
Hehe, I should have guessed I'm not the first to propose such a change. Your changes are probably better researched, I just went with 'what would be nice there...'

Hello! I have a question
How soon will introduce new technology and that game really could end 20 century

Thai UP is useless. AI seldom has more than 4 units, and as human player, I'd rather choose theocracy for XP and republic later.

Thai strategy: theocracy / merc first, buy an army to conquer Khmer, Indonesia and China, then all is well.

Can use up to 8 stationed military units to generate happiness. Rather useless indeed.

My suggestion for modification: each stationed military unit generates 2:).

French UP is overpowered, it neglects any flip, just refuse flip and make peace.

How to destroy Dutch: prepare a settler, settle it in Dutch core in 1580, the turn they spawn, make them unable to found a city , then refuse the flip and make peace.

Top Bottom