• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tea Party reveals its true face

I am surprised that no conservative has stated that racial abuse at any time is wrong.
Even worse when it is directed at a bloke who went through the civil rights struggle of the sixties.
A very poor look for the conservatives.

A (conservative) protest that degenerates into random yelling about what-the-heck-ever? Guess the whole tea party movement (and everyone else who doesn't want healthcare reform) is racist! The facts of the matter are that a lot of lower class conservative activists are racist and that large protests rarely stay on topic. Unless of course the 50%+ of the country who don't support comprehensive reform are all racists, in which case I can't understand how Obama ended up winning last election.

Seriously? The tea party are the middle and lower class. If anyone is keeping the poor down it's the Dems with their taxation.
Isint that cute, BUT ITS WRONG!!!! These tea party Republican loving protesters have nothing better to do than to keep the fat cats and the upper class happy!

Seriously? The tea party are the middle and lower class. If anyone is keeping the poor down it's the Dems with their taxation.

Not nearly so much as the Republicans with their irresponsibility, redistribution of wealth, suppression of wages, suppression of investment, gutting of education, and kowtowing to the every whim of the rich.

Had you intellectual curiosity rather than sneering dismissal about the matter, you would have known that his House Financial Services Committee retains oversight over Fannie and Freddie, and that this was the avenue for mandates for low-interest loans for high-risk persons. Frank was well-paid by Fannie to prolong what was at the time seen as a cash cow. So you have some fondness for Barney Frank's, um, leadership in this that has prompted you to ask why I don't like him? Why are you defending him?

F&F weren't a very large part of the problem any more than CRA was.

Well, yes, the Democrats do want to keep the poor down, for the most part, almost as much as the Republicans now. And the Tea Party maybe unwittingly acting to keep the poor down. I'm not sure if that's there intention; I personally don't think they're smart enough (generalisation) to realise that they're doing the work of who they really should be most opposed to, so I can't completely agree with Cutlass on the 'intent', but their ideas if put in action would certainly do an excellent job of keeping the poor down, more so than even most Republicans.

It's true that the Democrats aren't liberals any longer. And because of that, they don't help the middle and lower classes as much as liberals would. But what's the alternative? The Republicans do not have polices that are not intended to redistribute wealth. It is almost exclusively their purpose. But the Dems cannot return to liberalism if they cannot govern at all.

Health care is the single greatest threat to the US economy in the long run. If it is not fixed, the middle will be a great deal poorer over time. This bill sucks, but it's the best that anyone has been able to get.

Doing nothing, like the Republicans want, is liking sticking a knife in the back of the American middle class.

I hope there's no violence today.

A (conservative) protest that degenerates into random yelling about what-the-heck-ever? Guess the whole tea party movement (and everyone else who doesn't want healthcare reform) is racist! The facts of the matter are that a lot of lower class conservative activists are racist and that large protests rarely stay on topic. Unless of course the 50%+ of the country who don't support comprehensive reform are all racists, in which case I can't understand how Obama ended up winning last election.

I:love:Elitist scum

It's true that the Democrats aren't liberals any longer. And because of that, they don't help the middle and lower classes as much as liberals would. But what's the alternative? The Republicans do not have polices that are not intended to redistribute wealth. It is almost exclusively their purpose. But the Dems cannot return to liberalism if they cannot govern at all.
This false dichotomy is the problem with America. The Tea Party is far more sympathetic to me than the Democrats, and I support socialized medicine (and hence oppose the garbage legislation that went through congress today).

This false dichotomy is the problem with America. The Tea Party is far more sympathetic to me than the Democrats, and I support socialized medicine (and hence oppose the garbage legislation that went through congress today).

I don't really see how that could be. The Democrats are deeply flawed. I'll grant that. However, these tea-partiers range from evil to deranged to just irresponsible. I haven't seen anything of them yet that isn't a disaster.

I don't really see how that could be. The Democrats are deeply flawed. I'll grant that. However, these tea-partiers range from evil to deranged to just irresponsible. I haven't seen anything of them yet that isn't a disaster.

I went to Tea Party rally in San Jose several months ago and saw absolutely nothing like that. It was well organized, not partisan, and had several well-read speakers.

Have you actually attended one?

CNNBC polls have showed that the vast majority of tea parties is still held by little girls.

If you want more information, please go here

I went to Tea Party rally in San Jose several months ago and saw absolutely nothing like that. It was well organized, not partisan, and had several well-read speakers.

Have you actually attended one?

Not a rally. No. I see what they are calling for. And none of is so far is reasonable, even when you exclude the wingnuts.

Top Bottom