1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Game #2 - OCC Conquest only

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Fippy, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Hmmm..Cathy might plunder the horsies as you mentioned (without cease fires),
    then we would probably like building more cannons for other AIs later meanwhile?
    But i agree that we should decide on when we will build more.

Yup but being forced to be careful makes those games so different and interesting ;)
    Most regular deity games would be won already.

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

By the AI you mean? Haha :D (at least in many of my own Deity games).

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Did not get very far in this session lol,
    first i did a little test if we can still get 6gpt + for Spices:
    Spoiler :
    Yup barely..and so we picked up +1 happy and 10% culture for a satisfied population. Until next turn anyways, where we are back at -1 hmm.

Why did i stop, well Cathy broke free from Hatshy and tells us this when asking about capitulation:
    Spoiler :
    I have too little experience here, would we be guaranteed that she vassals if we make peace with Hatshy? (who says we are doing fine on our own)

No other news in between turns, no attacks. I used the chance of some Cavs standing away from our stack to move workers there as well, so they can sneak home hopefully.

Attached Files:

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Don't have much experience with all the unusual messages either, but I'm pretty sure she won't cap. It is probably just that this particular reasoning is higher in the list than "We're doing fine on our own". Kind of like with "We have our reasons" and whatever the other options are. If she were to cap to us now, she'd be at war with Hattie, so it sort of makes sense.
    edit: think "We have our reasons" is below "you are too advanced". Or maybe it was "don't want to trade this yet".

I've never played a game like this before so don't know, but I would think we need to get off the bottom of the scoreboard before we can cap anybody?

Nice that she broke free though. I wondered how long that would take. The plan or hope I had in my head was that we could manage to cap Hattie when she's broken, and then hopefully cap Cathy too before she makes a colony of those islands (if she can?). Hmm, maybe she can't. Are all on one-city islands? Think there must be at least 2 per island for a colony to be possible.

Anyhow, that's part of the reason I didn't try to invade her, and put all my focus on smacking Hattie around.

Have you played games like this before? Do we need to get an AI down to one city before being able to cap them? After the first vassal, their additional land (and power) should make it easier going forward I would think. But that first one is probably dang hard.

5. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I would assume that there is also some sort of strategy that involves letting the vassals settle the land that you leave empty after city razing too..?
    Did Cathy peace-vassal to Hatty earlier, have not read the entire history.

I think I would be worried about someone else being drawn into the war by her peace vassaling to someone else.

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Cathy capped the normal way earlier. In-game we can see percentages for land and such, which isn't present for peace vassals. Once free, it's possible she will peace vassal to somebody though, if relations allow it, which could spell more war.

Heck, aren't defensive pacts available too now? :shake:

7. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I tried with Hatshy cease fire & killing all Cathy mini stack units, we are doing fine on our own still :)
    Was worth a try, i have played similar games before and iirc it's all about power. Cathy was weakest.

Not that important thou, making peace with Cathy and continuing on Hatshy.
    Diplo situation, she will not peace vassal i guess ~~
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  8. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Played until the destruction of Lisbon & Lagos,
    pics gallery:
    Spoiler :

Pic 1: Cathy vassal try, with re-declare on Hatshy on the same turn. Moving some injured horsies + 1 Rifle for protection back, with the idea of forming a new 3rd stack :)
    I built 3 cannons for them while healing.

Pic 3: Globe started with 2 chops, 2t looked nice and i was happy with having another stack formed so we could afford a short unit break.
    Nice re-settle from Hatshy, bad luck that our new army was heading this way ~~

Pic 4: 1 cannon loss at Lisbon, that Muskie had CG2 + Hill 2. Amazing how we had only 39% with a CR3 cannon after city defenses were at 0.

Railroad i figured would be our next best pick, fast movement for units later is really important here imo.
    Re-newed peace with Sury by begging gold, felt like something good even if he's friendly.
    Genghis remains the main treat for peace vassaling Hatshy.

Attached Files:

9. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Thank you for playing and doing really well. Right now I mostly feel like quitting the site and disappearing again. Nothing to do with you ofc. This has been a fun game. Lots of other stuff here is not.

10. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I would miss you Pangea!

Zavior, sampsa and Lain like this.
  11. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

You know i would miss you, ofc..will continue later, maybe the game can deliver some fun.

12. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

On second thought i will pause for today, maybe you feel like adding something later.

13. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I was going to say quiet game, Hatshy's resistance broken but she would not cap yet..
    Spoiler :
    ..we pay for our attack on Genghis i guess :) Was no way of getting him pleased again.

She had only 3 cities left at this point, and 1 after i razed 2 more (1 cannon lost against hill city at ~85%)
    Spoiler :
    Sadly i have no more Cavs in range, or we could remove her this turn. Was planning for vassal instead.

Genghis has not many units coming atm, not prepared for war.
    I was stocking up cannons in Madrid, so we can finally cancel Iron and trade for Eco soon.
    Spoiler :
    Leaning towards some more cannons, as our horsies are free to move home now.
    But have to check the situation before deciding.
    Techs & military:
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

14. obsolete

obsolete Chieftain

About the message regarding YOUR ENEMIES...

I have noticed in OCC that it is far more often than not a bogus message.

As a side-note, quite often once you vassal someone in OCC, your vassals tend to not build any settlers anymore. They will in a small % of games, but more often than not they seem to not be capable of this for some reason.

15. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Okay Obsolete,
    so i played on a bit and before Hatshy said byeybe let's look at how much she likes us:
    Spoiler :

-55 not bad ;)

Genghis moves a stack towards Madrid, while we move our guys back home:
    Spoiler :
    While we have enuf units and it's not really dangerous, i would be very interested in opinions how this could be best done :)
    Also he has RP now, and with Rifling this will turn into grinding i guess.
    Brennus does have Rifling already, but we are on good terms with him for now and have a new peace deal.

Attached Files:

16. jatamixx

jatamixx Chieftain

I'd like to know the spanish army numbers plx :egypt:

17. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Sure, we have
    7 Rifles
    17 Cannons
    23 Cavs
    6 Conqs (we should upgrade all now)

18. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Maybe we need an energy boost here, who wants to fight like pirates? ;)
    For Glory and Madrid.
    We have no ships, but we have cannons.

krikav likes this.
  19. drewisfat

drewisfat Chieftain

OK here's what you do. You want to immediately intercept their forces on the edge of your territory with all of your cavalry. Just your cavalry. Ideally, send a great prophet along for the flaming weapons ability, but otherwise don't commit any other support. Retreat the rest of your infantry inside the castle where it's safe. Try to fire one volley with your siege, but otherwise just abandon them between the city and the enemy. Siege is pretty useless but it might slow them down. I see you've got a couple of explorers - that's key. Your priority is keeping them safe. Don't be afraid to sacrifice high exp units in this pursuit. It just takes one well timed stab from your explorer to win the war instantly.

Fippy and krikav like this.
  20. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

..but where are my dragons? (Skyships or Bombers?)
    The Mongols are already here:ninja:

drewisfat likes this.