Team management

I created a team user: "KnightsBrothers". Will send password by mail.
It already has access to our embassy forums.

Just sign with your CFC name when using it.

Lanzelot

I think we have decided about first 7 moves and may submit.
As we agreed, Templar_x will be first.
We have chosen Pottery and will work on Sugar hill first 2 turns. Will build warrior.
Irrigate/road wheat.
I will take a flight Brasilia -Moscow tomorrow, will be back in shape 18 Dec.

question: what kind of stuff do we need to write into the diplomacy thread?

templar_x

As announced, I will be out of town - and off my civ computer - for the next week, returning on Monday, 27th of December.

In the unlikely case that turn 2 should already come back to us before that, somebody else needs to play that turn. Simply leave everything as it is and have the worker irrigate the wheat. ;)

I may be able to check the discussion here once or twice, but if things go as expected, I will simply take turn 2 after I return or even next year.

I wish those of you who do celebrate it a merry Christmas.

templar_x

Due to snow storm in Frankfurt my trip was longer, than expected but finally I have arrived OK.
Internet works, time zone +3.
Ivan

Somebody was faster, then me.
Let's create official TL for our internal/external use.

Worker road?

Who have used KNIGHTBROTHER at German site?

How about the following roster:

1. templar_x finishes the first 10 turns.
  2. I. Larkin then takes 11-20
  3. ignas
  4. TheOverseer714
  5. Memento
  6. Lanzelot

I do think that during the first 20 turns we'll fill up our clock to 96h, and then it doesn't matter anymore to respond quickly, so if the turn player just checks once in 24h should be enough. (Of course everyone can already discuss urgent matters, as soon as the save become available.)
If the turn player knows he won't be able to check regularly, he should tell the team a couple of days in advance, and then the next in line steps in.

I think, templar, Overseer and ignas don't have a Civforum user, so they are using the "KnightsBrothers" user.

Happy new year! Lanzelot

Two questions, which I want to raise:

Turn 20 is approaching. Sir Ignas, are you ready to take turns 21-30? It would involve to check the turn handover thread like twice a day and make sure the turn is passed within 24h.

Sir Memento: would you volunteer to update the F11 analysis for the last couple of turns? Would be interesting to see, where the others are currently standing.

Thanks, Sir Lanzelot

i like

Let me continue till 2800 BC at least.
t-x played 11 turns in fact.

Let me continue till 2800 BC at least.

That's perfect. Ignas doesn't have time for the coming 2 weeks, Overseer didn't reply yet and Memento is in big stress as well, as he told me today. So you continue until 24, then we see whether one of the above three is back, and if not, I take the next set.

I'm here, just not sure what to do, I'm a total newb at PBEMs.

I'm here, just not sure what to do, I'm a total newb at PBEMs.

We still have some time to "practise", as Ivan has another 4 turns to go. So first, can you check, whether you can access the three threads mentioned in post #27? (Using the KnightsBrotherhood user that I mailed around a while ago.)

Next check out the latest SS in the turns 21 - 36 thread and see if you understand what it means. You'll be playing turns 25 - 34, so there's already quite some MM with the second town going on, as well as the completion of Writing and decisions for the deployment of the second worker. Perhaps you can take the Sandkasten and practise these turns a bit. (That reminds me I should update it with the new information from the cultural expansion 10 turns ago... :rolleyes:. I'll try to do it tonight.)

And if anything comes up while you actually play the "real" turn, you can always send Ivan, templar and me a mail, and we'll help you. Better we loose 24h on the clock than to loose a crucial turn for growth, research or production...
Just remember that whenever you stop playing in the middle of the turn, you need to recreate every move exactly as in the first session, when replaying the turn. (So when in doubt, don't move any units.)

Cheers, Lanzelot

Ok, we need a decision. Who wants to go next? I suggest that the next player takes it up to turn 36 (Philosophy).
This will require some extreme micro-management and some experiments in the sandkasten to make sure we don't mess up anything. (Especially if we are going to use scientists to shave off a turn.)

I suggest you go, Lanzelot.
You know the ss well and those turns need to be played out precisely.
templar_x

Ulrich, I think you may take next turn: it is simple.

However, if we continue intensive planing I have recommendation:
before Worker will go across the river it may make road at N from Camelot.

Blue and pink will be one turn earlier.

Ivan

The MM required is on a level I've never done. I also have no idea how to log in spreadsheet form, so I am not sure I can do it without screwing it up.

Top Bottom