TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

OOC: If it is a clownfish, then there, unfortunately, aren't any near west Africa. Carrots ain't African either. How about fried African Butter Catfish with sliced boiled cocoyam instead? It's good.

Anyways, thank you so much, Terrance. Food is one of my greatest passions, so I will serve y'all a wonderful complete Prūsiskai meal with beer, dessert, and a huge main course. Just wait...

EDIT: I'm reading up on brewing right now. Seems as though it'd be a lot of fun. Too bad I can't drink what I make. :p

Update 17.1

Where the Middle East Explodes over Palestine and Mesoamerica Blooms into Civilization

Or: Blossoming of Ambition

The Levantine League turns over Cyrus to Egypt. Not before removing all their investments, however. (LL-1 Urban -1 Trade +2 Loot) (Egypt+1Urban+1Loot)

Boukae is absorbed into the Hyakkid Empire. (Stats combined)

There were three rebellions in Egypt. The Kuhorsehockye Rebellion which is on its last legs. The Nirilist Rebellion which might be reaching its peak, and the Anti-centralization rebellion which has already been utterly crushed. The Nirilist rebellion areas will be marked with blue-green, for the nile river.

Hyak has received some Semitic Settlers. (+2 Civilians +2 Loot)

Hyak has received some Bedouin Migrants (+5 Hordlings+5 Camels)

Egypt has received some Semitic Settlers (+3 Civilians +2 Loot +1 Ox Chariot)

Egypt has received dome Bedouin Migrants (+2 Hordlings +3 Camels)

Levantine League has hired some Bedouins (+1 Hordlings +3 Camels)

Some Bedouin are rising up (dark dots represent them.)

Concerning the Four Levean Powers and Their Militaries.
Katan has the best siege, including early stone-throwing engines and other such weapons. They also have sapping miners, shielded rams and towers.
Hyak has offensive-assault siege weapons, with shielded ram/tower combinations designed to bring their Qarabu to bear.
Egypt has very good sappers, but little experience with siege overall, mostly with starving and overwhelming garrisons.
The League has mercenaries trained in everything except for Katanic stone-throwers.

All three have a core of highly experienced and trained “veterans”. Katan’s veterans have fought against barbarians of Doria and Hurria, as well as civilized enemies in Apulia. Hyak has fought mostly against the barbarians of Zagartu, although lessons from Shammamu or in support of Medea are still important. Egypt has fought against barbarians of Lybia, rebellions, civilized militia/forces of the Thebes Rebellion and in the last stages of the Nile War. By Veteran I mean recent enough experience that the lessons are sill fresh. The League has trainers from each of these, but rely on training over experience or actual lessons of war.

Concerning equipment, Hyak’s soldiers have not upgraded to the Bronze Age, something both Egypt and Katan has done. Thus their standard soldiers are less armoured and armed with slighty worse weapons overall.

Concerning levies, Egypt has the largest available population of easily levied troops, with Hyak closeby. Katan has fewer levies, but rely more on warbands from their interior High and Low Princedoms who are experienced with fighting each other to supplement their forces. Hyak also has a “hidden” defensive military from their internal organization. The League has no ability to levy troops whatsoever, as their militias are set to merely defending their own cities. They rely entirely on the Administrator’s Army.

Concerning Chariotry, all three are able to recruit True Chariots. 1EP for 2.5 power. Egyptian Chariots are of the same power as well, with a greater emphasis on chasing down defeated enemies. Ox Chariots are 2EP for 3 power, with a greater emphasis on smashing through enemy lines. Both Egyptian and Ox chariots are obsolete/regional, but still quite usable. The League can recruit both, and indeed has one of each.

Both sides have Camel units from their Bedouin allies they can utilize.

On Navies, Hyak doesn’t have a navy worth speaking of. The Levantine League easily has the most trained and experienced fleet, although it is definitely technologically lacking. Although both Katan and Egypt can field Longships, Egypt’s advantage comes in their Naval UU’s and their expeditions since the dominance of Quesir by Thebes, which have developed a growing naval tradition. Katan’s naval tradition has not been stagnant, unlike Hyak’s. It has been more ignored or delegated to their Thloryn, Makedonian, Illian, or Gyridite princedoms. Katan does, however, have a standing fleet of Longships and are able to retrofit curragh crews into Longships, something Egypt cannot. (OOC: Everyone with a Drydocks or similar project can upgrade curraghs to longships, 1EP for 20 curraghs->20 longships)

In facing each other, Katan’s navy have the slight advantage of using stone slingers. Egypt’s monoremes are still uncontested, but the League’s skilled shipcrews *might* be able to neutralize their charge, or at least minimize the damage. Hyak’s ships… best stay in port.

Finally, issues. Hyak would have to try to hold the League together. Katan has growing dissent in the unassimilated Italian conquests as well as bandits lurking in Makedonia. Egypt has to deal with Lybians, Kuhorsehockye and Nirilist rebels.

I kept the League separate, to better hand out the spoils after update 18.

Also:

Kingdom of K'i'ik /Kinich-Ahau
Color: Darkish Blue
Location: Along the banks of the Motagua River. (Just South of the Yucatan Peninsula)
Background: The Kingdom of K'i'ik, centered on the city of Kaminaljuyu (El Portón IRL) emerged shortly after the domestication of the Teosinte plant into Maize. As the Maya people settled into cities, Kaminaljuyu’s favorable position near the only Jade sources in Mesoamerica allowed the city to grow quickly & exert considerable influence over her neighbors. Now, an ambitious King seeks to see the city’s economic dominance transform into political & military dominance, & hopes that soon the thriving Kingdom of K'i'ik will rule the whole of the Motagua River.

The Kingdom of K’i’ik grew around Kaminaljuyu, wealthy off the only source of jade in all of the Maya culture. Soon, a new King rose not content with merely sitting on his wealth and making sacrifices. He wants more- to unite all of the Motagua River!

There are other Mayan towns and cities nearby, although none as strong as K’i’ik, combined they could possibly overpower the ascendant kingdom. The King must play his cards right, or he will possibly use everything.

OOC: First time free-hand drawing in rivers I need. Hopefully it is decent!
Anyway, dots are towns, large dots are “cities”, each of which have different levels of resistance. Trying to take it all is hard, but not impossible.

Your stats:

K’i’ik, Kingdom of/Kinich-Ahau
Color: Darkish Blue
Religion: Mayan Polytheism
Size: City-State
Economy: 5/7 (1/1/3)-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (1.5), 7 Curraghs (0.5)
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture: Mediocre
Projects

@ All

Other changes include fixing of some colors, borders, adding regional capitals, and such things.
Spoiler Grand Cradle :
Spoiler Nile :
United Egyptian Empire/Erez
Color: Yellow
Religion: Egyptian Pantheon
Size: MODZILLA
Economy: 49/3 (11/29/9)-7
Military:4 Spearmen (6), 2 Spearmen (4), 1 Archer (6), 6 Archer (4), 3 Egyptian Chariot (7.5), 4 Monoremes (3) 45 Monoremes (1.5), 15 Egyptian Barges (2), 6 Curraghs (1.5), 29 Curraghs (1)+3 Civilians +2 Hordlings +3 Camels +1 Ox Chariot
Confidence: Respectful
Culture: Outstanding
Projects: Advanced Shipbuilding Techniques and Equipment (10/50, Cheapens cost of Naval Units, 25 Ships per EP upkeep),
Axum/Spaceman
Color: Dull Green
Religion: Animism
Size: Medium
Economy: 16/0 (3/8/5)-4
Military: 4 Archers (3), 9 Archers (1.5), 3 Spearmen (3), 4 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Ethiopian Elephants (?), 2 Warriors (1), 25 Curraghs (1)
Confidence: Apathetic
Culture: Average
Projects: Nile Trade Forts (DONE +Trade), Great Drydocks (DONE, -2 Upkeep:Ships), Monoremes

Eterika/NPC
Color: Light Spring
Religion: Animism
Economy: 13/0 (2/6/5)-1
Military: 1 Warrior (1), 1 Spearmen (4.5), 5 Spearmen (3), 19 Curraghs (1),
Confidence:Apathetic
Culture: Average
Projects: Recruiting Barracks (DONE +1 Free Warrior.turn) Ports of Paradise (DONE +Trade)

Bekke Kingdom/NPC
Color: Orange
Religion: Kabaaism
Size: large
Economy: 14/9 (1/8/5)-2
Military: 8 Egyptian Chariots (2), 3 Ox Chariots (3), 3 Archers (3)
Confidence: Respecting
Culture: Pathetic
Projects
Spoiler Levea" :
Hyak, High-Kingdom of/Lord_Iggy
Color: Azure Blue
Religion: Takarzite Kitabalism
Size: Gargantuan
Economy: 40/8 (7/23/10)-8
Military: 4 Ox Chariots (5), 5 Spearmen (4.5) 7 Spearmen (3), 3 Spearmen (1.5), 4 Archers (3), 9 Archers (1.5),1 Qurabu Klabanatu (6), 4 Qurabu Klabanatu (4), 2 Qurabu Kalbanatu (2.0), 1 Ox Chariots (3), 6 Curraghs (1), 27 Curraghs (0.5) +2 Civilians +5 Hordlings +5 Camels
Culture: Strong
Projects: Update Armies (0/9)

Hormun, Exaltation of/NPC
Color: Dark Green
Religion: Kitabalist Pantheon
Economy: 9/0 (2/3/4)-2
Military: 4 Spearmen (4.5) 2 Archers (4.5), 35 Curragh (1.2)
Confidence: Apathetic
Projects: Grand Harbor of Hormun (DONE +Trade +12ships/EP +.1 Base Ship STR)

Levantine League/ NPC
Color: Olive
Religion: Kitabalist Pantheon
Economy: 18/6 (4/7/7)-5
Military: 3 Archer (6), 6 Spearmen (4.5), 1 Egyptian Chariot (5), 1 Ox Chariot (6), 2 Curraghs (2), 95 Curraghs (1.5)+1 Hordling +3 Camels
Projects: Phoenician Port (Completed: 12 Curragh/Ep +Trade) Naval Drydocks (DONE, -2 Upkeep: Ships)

Medea, Shahara of/NPC
Color: Pink
Religion: Kitabalist-Pyrotheism
Size: Large
Economy: 15/3 (3/8/4)-6
Military: 8 Xiong Chariots (4), 3 Ox Chariots (6), 5 Ox Chariots (3), 3 Archers (4.5), 7 Archers (3)
Projects

Mazderah/North King
Color: Dark Blue
Religion: Arezdeh Kitabalism
Size: Small
Economy: 6/4 (1/4/2)
Military: 1 Xiong Chariot (4), 1 Archer (4), 1 Axemen (5)
Projects
Description

Spoiler Khand :
Dakinsa Raj/Southern King
Color: Royal Blue
Religion: Hinduism
Size: Huge
Economy: 33/45 (8/16/9)-4
Military: 2 Gujarati Macemen (6), 12 Gujarati Macemen (3), 1 Spearmen (4), 4 Spearmen (2), 3 Chariots (3), 4 Archers (1.5), 2 Longboats (1.5), 34 Longboats (0.75)
Culture: Outstanding
Projects: Temple of Kali (COMPLETE +RC+Culture)

Aryan Empire/NOC[/B
Color: Blond Hair Blue Eyes
Religion: HEIL KISHNA, FUHRER OF THE ARYAN REICH
Size: medium
Economy: 11/22 (3/8/0)-6
Military: 8 Xiong Chariots (2.5), 13 Spearmen (1.5), 9 Archers (1.5)
Confidence: Simmering
Culture: None
Projects: The Final Solution

Gujarati Confederacy /NPC
Color: Dull Yellow
Religion: Hinduism (Holy City)
Economy: 10/32 (2/5/3)-0
Military: 4 Gujarati Macemen (6), 13 Curraghs (1), 2 Curraghs (.5)
Projects: Temple to Shiva (DONE +Culture), Krishna’s Oracle (DONE +RC +Religion), Vishnu’s Wall (DONE+culture)

Hyperabad, Kingdom of /NPC
Color: Lavender
Religion: Gnatism
Size: Petite
Economy: 9/9 (1/4/4)-0
Military: 4 Archers (6)
Confidence: Respectful
Projects: Mountain Markets (10/12 +EC+Culture)

Njijnrin/NPC
Color: Dark Green
Religion: Buddism
Size: Tiny
Economy: 4/6 (1/2/1)-0
Military: 1 Warriors (1), 8 Curraghs (1), 10 Curraghs (.5
Projects: Floating Markets (DONE +Trade)

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(OOC: Everyone with a Drydocks or similar project can upgrade curraghs to longships, 1EP for 20 curraghs->20 longships)
I get longships? :w00t:

Hmm. I was unaware that I had an opportunity to upgrade my armed forces. I would assume that my regular warfare would have led to me gradually making use of the very best available to me. Also, having no fleet makes sense, as I have no coastline (well, I might have one in the immediate future) and no enemies in the river system I'm connected to. :p

Hmm. I was unaware that I had an opportunity to upgrade my armed forces. I would assume that my regular warfare would have led to me gradually making use of the very best available to me. Also, having no fleet makes sense, as I have no coastline (well, I might have one in the immediate future) and no enemies in the river system I'm connected to. :p
And I don't recall specially upgrading :p.

And I thought the Nirrilists were in Nubia? Not all over the place.

I'm going to kill them all.

AND, other then size, my navy should be the most highly experienced, as I have been actually fighting sea wars.

Taking a stand

Yang Official Decree, the Foreign Office
Summer, 43 F.H.E.

For ages, we have submitted to the terms as laid down by the foreign rulers. It is now time that we take a stand on this. We, the men of Yang republic, hereby officially refuse to pay anymore tributes to anyone.

Further, as per discussion with the Kingdom of Seoul, we have reached an agreement : known hence forth as the the Weijin Agreement

The terms we have agreed to are as follows :
- delivery of supplies by Seoulian merchants to Yang settlers on the peninsula
- establishing a Seoul trading office in Weijin, goods imported through this office are exempt from import duties.
- establishing a Yang trading office in SaeSeu Si, same benefits

On the domestic front, to enhance the connectivity of our peninsular settlements, we would be creating a fleet of trading ships, with port and docking areas in each of the 2 fiefs.
The fief of Yong - Currently ruled by Yong Xiu
The fief of Zhi - Currently ruled by Chen Zhi
The military outpost of Bo - Currently under the military commander, Gaoziluo

OOC: Bone, I'm the Kingdom of Seoul :p

OOC: You also NEED BRONZE AGE to get longships in the first place!

Also, erez87, I did say you are developing quite a naval tradition!

Finally, levies. You guys never needed them before but you might as well as use them now. Each of you have a maximum number of Levies/Militias/Warriors you can draw from your population. No major consequences for drawing 1/4 of this. Some for more than 1/2. You can draw all of them, but if you lose a significant amount your economy tanks like in Keltia. MIght be worth it?

Keep in mind most levies are current militia you are shifting around.

OOC: You also NEED BRONZE AGE to get longships in the first place!

Also, erez87, I did say you are developing quite a naval tradition!

Finally, levies. You guys never needed them before but you might as well as use them now. Each of you have a maximum number of Levies/Militias/Warriors you can draw from your population. No major consequences for drawing 1/4 of this. Some for more than 1/2. You can draw all of them, but if you lose a significant amount your economy tanks like in Keltia. MIght be worth it?

Keep in mind most levies are current militia you are shifting around.
How much do they cost? I did describe my army is a peasant army :p Are they technically Spear-wielding forces?

Gah. I'm not even sure who am I fighting :p. I'll just try to win one by one.

OOC: They are "free". I'll calculate when I get home.

Noting, have I have many times before, that freshly built units are considered to be barely-trained peasants. So your +15 Spearmen (1.5) are all peasants to be sure on the turn you build them. After that they are soldiers. If you want soldiers as you raise them, you pay 2EP for Spearmen (3).

OOC: They are "free". I'll calculate when I get home.

Noting, have I have many times before, that freshly built units are considered to be barely-trained peasants. So your +15 Spearmen (1.5) are all peasants to be sure on the turn you build them. After that they are soldiers. If you want soldiers as you raise them, you pay 2EP for Spearmen (3).
Free is good.

I'll use my militas well :)

That update 17.1 thing freaked me out. I thought I had missed the order deadline :p

Lawl, it was just so that there are no misconceptions or anything. If I mistook how your armies/navies and such work you can talk to me now before I work on a 5 page+ report on this massive war. That said, erez87 already made me take another look at the Egyptian Navy.

The League's navy is still more experienced and skilled. ;). Not discounting your obvious size advantages, of course.

Lawl, it was just so that there are no misconceptions or anything. If I mistook how your armies/navies and such work you can talk to me now before I work on a 5 page+ report on this massive war. That said, erez87 already made me take another look at the Egyptian Navy.

The League's navy is still more experienced and skilled. ;). Not discounting your obvious size advantages, of course.
How come? They aren't even using their ships :p Last time they used them was when I paid them to lol.

They fought naval conflicts every turn. Against Apulia. Against Novaricum. Against pirates. Against an attempted Cypriot rebellion. Cooercing Kadiz to cancel tariffs against the league...

Also fighting for the Aegean trade routes, which they won handily.

They fought naval conflicts every turn. Against Apulia. Against Novaricum. Against pirates. Against an attempted Cypriot rebellion. Cooercing Kadiz to cancel tariffs against the league...

Also fighting for the Aegean trade routes, which they won handily.
Oh right Novaricum

to Novaricum, and any other naval enemy of the league:
The league will soon disappear and its trade monopoly crashed. Join us and get a piece.

To Large Western Kingdom:

Let us solidify your eastern border and we can live in eternal peace.

Otherwise, it will be war.

Top Bottom