Thaksin horrible barbarian? You decide.

Masada

Koi-san!
yes if you say that the punishment is 'preventive' measures as well as 'process' itself.

can you tell me more about Texas, is there any Texan laws being viewed as 'barbarism'?
what does one call the Thaksin's reign then? a wild-west dictatorship
Lone Cat said:
Should I ask your origin where do you come from?

Do you refer to his 'crusade against narcotics'? yes he's responsible for the policy but at the operation levels. there are other factors to account for.
1. Drug cartels trying to cover their tracks. (this contribute to death tolls troughout the 'crusade')
2. bad cops mis-interpret the policy. believing that the order is to 'summarily kill all drug trafickers on sight'
There was a debate on Death sentence here though. too bad I am his supporter. ok if asking for which colours I am.. i'd say Red.

Masada said:
So by your own admission Thailand is the Wild-East where the rule of law doesn't exist and authorities acting for a corrupt plutocrat can kill with impunity, free of legal restraint and the purview, or seemingly concern, of citizens. America might have killed a man in error, as a process of law; but Thailand killed her citizens without even the pretence of a trial.

And do you justify the two massacres commited by Abhisidh and Suthep, along with his goons?

the latter was a pure barbarism. and motivated by political reasons.

I don't justify or apologise for anything; I'm just not willing to pretend that Thaksin was a saint or that Thai's - and particularly Thaksin supporters - can talk about barbarism. You've admitted that Thailand under Thaksin issued orders that could be 'misconstrued' as kill orders, in contravention of the rule of law; moreover, they were issued exactly with that intention in mind.

good point. Justice should be carried out but not tooooooo extreme. just lock him away in the dungeon and give 'em no parole until someone prove he's innocent.

and for anyone quoting about Thaksin. please stop it now. i don't want to derail this thread evenmore.

So in short, no I won't be silenced and Thaksin, like Thailand, is barbaric.

What is this thread about?

Is Thaksin a horrible barbarian. Rather simple question. You can answer: yes or no, I'd just like some justification for the view either way.

Top Bottom