First World country defends death penalty for drugs; people cheer

I don't think that's accurate, I know that they for example go after people who have done drugs say in Canada, weeks ago, and fly into Singapore. They might test you, and if you test positive, you are screwed, might have to spend the rest of your life in jail.

I've also read about cases of people being used as mules without their knowledge, it's very very hard to get out of a life sentence in that scenario as well.

I do also believe there are very harsh fines and prison sentences for those caught with drugs, whether they are dealing or not.

Unless one is dealing drugs to support one's own addiction, I can't see how it is a "health issue".
Also, there's cannabis and then there's stuff such as fentanyl...

Because criminal prohibition makes use and users less safe.

Yes. But that's not Mr Yeekim's point, I think.

Which is that the professional criminal drug dealer's personal health isn't affected if he/she doesn't take them him/herself.

Maybe slightly obvious. But I think that's what he meant.

Hmmm, let's see, a Dutchman was arrested today/yesterday in Montevideo trying to smuggle 15,000 doses of ‘Superman’ (a meth/ecstasy mix) into Buenos Aires. A Belgian was arrested a few days ebfore with 21,000 doses of the same crap along the same route. There were five deaths last weekend because of people consuming that… poison at a rave.
These scum are simply killers for hire who charge their victims instead of a third party.
I don't support the death penalty, so what do we do with these people? At least send them to jail for a very long time, right?

But who forces people to take these drugs?

The assassin forces his victim at rifle-point to accept bullets. But what dealer obliges his customers to consume his product?

Societal pressure can work wonders, especially if the dealer stands at the entrance to the venue in a sort of tollhouse.

humans have always liked drugs and done drugs when they are available. that is not going to change. It's better to manage the drug trade than to fight it.

Really? Would you allow me to sell cyanide to people and tell them to drink up 'cos it's cool?

Hmmm, let's see, a Dutchman was arrested today/yesterday in Montevideo trying to smuggle 15,000 doses of ‘Superman’ (a meth/ecstasy mix) into Buenos Aires. A Belgian was arrested a few days ebfore with 21,000 doses of the same crap along the same route. There were five deaths last weekend because of people consuming that… poison at a rave.
These scum are simply killers for hire who charge their victims instead of a third party.
I don't support the death penalty, so what do we do with these people? At least send them to jail for a very long time, right?

None of those people are dying because of a mix of methamphetamine and MDMA.

edit: well that was easy it was PMMA http://tn.com.ar/policiales/la-expansion-de-superman-en-el-mundo_666759
which is its own harmful drug that apparently barely gets you high before you run into a toxic level. Yeah, if you sell PMMA as an MDMA/Methamphetamine mix you are a horrible person who should be prosecuted. Legalizing and even lightly regulating (is it what the bottle says?) drugs would have prevented this travesty.

edit2: https://dancesafe.org/the-superman-pill-deaths-are-the-result-of-our-illogical-drugs-policy/
One of these is safrole, the precursor of MDMA. In 2010 there was a massive seizure of 50 tonnes of safrole in Thailand. This did significantly dent availability for MDMA production, so chemists looked for an alternative source of a suitable precursor. Aniseed oil seemed the ideal alternative, as it is chemically very similar to safrole, so this was used. Unfortunately the product that results from using the MDMA production process with aniseed oil is PMA or PMMA. Hence these substances only exist because of the blockade of MDMA production. That in itself wouldn’t particularly matter if they were not more toxic than MDMA.​

Really? Would you allow me to sell cyanide to people and tell them to drink up 'cos it's cool?
Cyanide is not a typical drug people take to get high (or low). Nor do I think that it is a particular problem at the moment because of drug cartel distribution.

Cyanide is not a typical drug people take to get high (or low). Nor do I think that it is a particular problem at the moment because of drug cartel distribution.

That's true, but PMMA is not a reasonable drug to be taking either. See my edits above.

As all know, am a social conservative, non practicing alcoholic, non practicing smoker, plus Catholic.

So here's my 2 cents on the drug problem.

1. Decriminalize it.

2. Let highly controlled pharmaceutical companies handle it like tobacco, except no advertising, plus you can buy drugs at a pharmacy if your of age and show a valid ID.

Hopefully this will put the Drug lords out of business.

3. Then start a campaign like the one against smoking.

The campaign against smoking worked, maybe one against drugs will also. As long as it was cool to smoke, everybody smoked ... now it ain't cool and smokers have to hide someplace.

Am sure there are 50 billions reasons it won't work, but ... got to do something.

Link to video.

Meth may be the all-American drug, but it's still pretty terrible too even if it falls short of being like trying to get high off of warfarin or something similarly straight-toxic.

Also, bear in mind cartels can be made less powerful by removing income streams from them, so we should. Funding cartels with things like alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana is legit stupid. But even if you remove all drug income from them they aren't going to just go away. People participate in those markets for a lot of reasons, and not all of them are prohibition. They'll find something else to do if the prohibition cash dries up. They'll have to.

The campaign against smoking worked

What has worked the best is the high taxation of tobacco products. You can't do that with marijuana, because if the official government marijuana store is selling it at a high price, people will just turn to homegrown stuff instead, just as they do now.

The high taxation of tobacco products causes misery. It's the financially comfortable man's solution. Best cigarettes I ever smoked were machine rolled by a man that ordered whole leaf blends online(unprocessed leaves still avoid the sin taxes) then processed and dried them with a modified home paper shredder. They were as glorious as they were cheap. He could have made a pretty penny selling those single on the street, I think.

The social stigma against starting and in favor of quitting is better.

Smoking isn't cool like it used to be, though.

If you smoke these days people are far more likely to look at you as if you're nuts. Young and old alike.

Even smokers think it's nuts to smoke.

It really is fiercely bad for you. Also expensive and inconvenient.

Meth may be the all-American drug, but it's still pretty terrible too even if it falls short of being like trying to get high off of warfarin or something similarly straight-toxic.

Also, bear in mind cartels can be made less powerful by removing income streams from them, so we should. Funding cartels with things like alcohol, cigarettes, or marijuana is legit stupid. But even if you remove all drug income from them they aren't going to just go away. People participate in those markets for a lot of reasons, and not all of them are prohibition. They'll find something else to do if the prohibition cash dries up. They'll have to.

In this case the PMMA was thought to be a meth/mdma blend. In a pressed hybrid pill you probably aren't getting more than a super strong dose of what you could get in a prescription bottle. Yes, prescription meth exists. You might getting less than a maximum dose. In other words, assuming any purity, the meth levels of a hybrid pill for a one off are safe.

Top Bottom