1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Fake News

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerker, Aug 16, 2017.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

You want to watch PBS news hour for totally non-partisan news
    All others 24hours news networks are driven by profit and views, Fox news for example is busy building up a narrative to blame the Liberals for the violence, which is even further removed from reality then Msnbc

2. FriendlyFire

Facts have a liberal Bias

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I saw an interesting thing on Breitbart today. They are using some Harvard study to show how benign they are; "hey, it's not like we are The Daily Stormer," which I thought was hilarious. But the interesting and certainly unintended part was this chart from the study that was like a bubble cloud showing hundreds of media organizations in a 'left bias to right bias' format...in which the dead center was a large bubble identified as CNN.

4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

How is that even a question? I can see just by looking at the image that it's fake, particularly the upper edge of the logo doesn't follow the bend of the rest of that jacket.

5. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

Trump condemned the combatants on both sides, but he directed more blame at the counter protesters because he believes they instigated the violence. Looks to me like they did... They showed up at someone else's assembly armed for battle. The "fine people on both sides" I assume refers to noncombatants. But you're doing what the media has done - conflating the violent people with the peaceful people to accuse Trump of doing the same.

Was Trump referring to the violent counter protesters as 'fine people'? Of course not, so why do you (and CNN's 'intelligent commentator') assume Trump was calling the violent people on the other side fine people? That aint even logical... He just criticized their bad behavior. As for fine people not leaving, were there fine people on the other side? Did they leave or did they watch the spectacle? Fine people on both sides didn't leave. Well, 'fine' is subjective but I can at least see Trump defined it as non-violent.

As for what it says about me, I have the ability to be impartial because I dont like either party and both these groups remind me why. Well, I dont need to be reminded. But free speech is important and one group there was trying to silence another. You may find that acceptable or even desirable because you dont like the message, but how is that not fascistic? I think the ACLU would agree with me. Like I said, had the KKK showed up at someone else's rally to remove the statue and a fight broke out, the media wouldn't have any trouble identifying the culprits and they wouldn't need fake news to convince us.

So punching someone is morally equivalent to getting punched?

Actually Trump was harder on the counter protesters and probably should have been, maybe he shouldn't have condemned the protesters if all they did was defend themselves. Maybe these counter protesters should be charged with violating the civil rights of the protesters. Wouldn't that be the likely result if not for the content of the message? I think so...

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

This post is so full of disgusting false statements that it was hard to read.

7. FriendlyFire

Facts have a Liberal Bias
    Remember the God emperor had to wait to get the alternatives facts first before he put hes foot into hes mouth.

8. FriendlyFire

Protesting while Black = clearly the black persons fault for provoking the white people armed with poles and helmets

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Please spoil that image as it is both large and violent.

10. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

fact: They showed up at someone else's assembly armed for battle.

11. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

When lying doesn't work, repeat it in bold. What's next? All caps?

12. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Technically speaking, before the birth of yellow journalism back before any person alive today was born it was just news, for a brief moment.

These days, and throughout our lifetime + before, news is for selling ads basically. Click bait, prior to the clicks. You can't trust much in the way of any widespread sources, and getting good info from the internet is a pain (pretty intentionally I'd suspect). Unfortunately, the garbage influences people, a lot. When politics start getting involved the likelihood of trash is so great that it's usually not worth anybody's time. I wish more people realized that but w/e.

13. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

FF bolded it, I just copied him and noticed it was bold too. I dont know why that happens but I typed it out and it was still bold, so I left it. Now why is it a lie?

14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Well, the first indication is that you posted it, but there's plenty of others which I won't bother to repeat since it was already refuted before you brought it back up.

15. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

you were wrong about why the text was bolded, does that make you a liar...or just a hypocrite?

16. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Neither. But you've removed all doubt about what you are at this point.

17. Pokurcz

Pokurcz Emperor

I often hear the American gun lobby claiming that the guns are for the citizens to protect themselves from the government. So now with the president basically being a Nazi, the opposite of everything that is good, why hasn't anyone shot him? With the country overflowing with guns, what are the guns really for?