The Fake News

Well, I (of all people) am going to pull you back from here. Killing the entire white population of the US, for instance, would technically be opposing white supremacy, but it would also be very wrong, at least in my view.

How you make a leap from "opposing white supremacy" to "killing the entire white population of the US" is a process I'd be interested in. They are not the same thing. Not even "technically."

Ignoring that moral framework is creating a moral equivalence. It may not be creating a moral equivalence if it is you or me sitting in a criminal justice class and discussing the legal issues. But if you are the elected president of the United States speaking on behalf of the United States you don't get to just ignore those moral frameworks.
Master, then we will have to disagree. Bunny might need some... education later. ^_^

But for now I think ignoring the moral landscape that is used to justify these actions and calling them out as unacceptable, political violence is exactly the job of the president. Creating a justification for these violent mobs would be exactly the wrong thing to do.

Master, then we will have to disagree. Bunny might need some... education later. ^_^

But for now I think ignoring the moral landscape that is used to justify these actions and calling them out as unacceptable, political violence is exactly the job of the president. Creating a justification for these violent mobs would be exactly the wrong thing to do.

We can disagree, but you need to be aware that in this disagreement you are redefining the office of the president on a fundamental level.

How you make a leap from "opposing white supremacy" to "killing the entire white population of the US" is a process I'd be interested in. They are not the same thing. Not even "technically."

Opposing white supremacy is an abstract thing, killing the entire white population of the US is only one of many actions one could take that would constitute "opposing white supremacy." The point is there are things we can do that would fall under the heading of "oppose white supremacy" that would be really, really, wrong.

Opposing white supremacy is an abstract thing, killing the entire white population of the US is only one of many actions one could take that would constitute "opposing white supremacy." The point is there are things we can do that would fall under the heading of "oppose white supremacy" that would be really, really, wrong.

Opposing white supremacy isn't an abstraction. The abstraction arises when an attempt to justify a specific action is made, using 'oppose white supremacy' as the root cause. Yes, when the specific action is 'kill all the white people,' or even better 'drop a nova inducer into the sun and incinerate the entire solar system' such abstraction is stretched to absurdity. When the action is 'form a larger mob, shout them down, and let them know you aren't afraid to fight for your beliefs if they think they want to fight for theirs' the abstraction is stretched much less...and in my opinion it holds up.

Just so everybody knows, "opposing white supremacy" means making white people minorities in every white country, and telling them that it's racist to continue the white race.

Just so everybody knows, "opposing white supremacy" means making white people minorities in every white country, and telling them that it's racist to continue the white race.

As I was saying, opposing white supremacy isn't abstract. Trying to use it as justification for actions is the abstraction. That can be taken to ridiculous extremes for clarification, as Lexicus has demonstrated, or it can be done in an intentional effort to protect and further the evil of white supremacy as it appears to have been done here.

By the way...taking you having said something as "now everybody knows" is hilarious. I'm guessing that reading your post did not expand anyone's knowledge, since they already expected that you were going to lie in furtherance of white supremacy. I was certainly not surprised.

When the action is 'form a larger mob, shout them down, and let them know you aren't afraid to fight for your beliefs if they think they want to fight for theirs' the abstraction is stretched much less...and in my opinion it holds up.

Indeed, I am totally cool with this.

Also, just a friendly reminder to everyone that "the white race" is a concept that has literally zero meaning in the absence of a "non-white race", which is to be oppressed to the precise degree that the white race is privileged. This is why whiteness needs to be destroyed, and it's why 'the abolition of the white race' means the abolition of white privilege.

Indeed, I am totally cool with this.

Also, just a friendly reminder to everyone that "the white race" is a concept that has literally zero meaning in the absence of a "non-white race", which is to be oppressed to the precise degree that the white race is privileged. This is why whiteness needs to be destroyed, and it's why 'the abolition of the white race' means the abolition of white privilege.

Point.

With groups that you can differentiate, majority privilege will always exist. Even if it's only on a local basis, a white person living in a black neighborhood, being employed in a company with mostly black people, will have less privilege than the black people in that area.

So to destroy majority privilege, you would need to ethnically cleanse the world until there is only one race left.

The thing about horrible lies is they're more easy to believe. People think "hey, people wouldn't tell such terrible lies" because they themselves wouldn't do it.

Unfortunately people like Trump take advantage of that to spread falsehoods.

With groups that you can differentiate, majority privilege will always exist. Even if it's only on a local basis, a white person living in a black neighborhood, being employed in a company with mostly black people, will have less privilege than the black people in that area.

You state this as if it were such obvious fact that you need present no evidence. That is not the case. There will be many people who accept this statement without proof, but there will hopefully be far more who do not.

In my case, I attend a church that most people would call a "black church" without any significant pause for thought. I feel no less privilege in doing so than any other member of the church. I live in a zip code that is majority Hispanic. I feel no less privilege in doing so than any other resident. So I find, based on personal experience, that rejecting your statement in absence of any evidence is quite easy.

Pro tip: The "fake news" is almost entirely run by Jews.
Wow. My grandfather has come back from the dead and is posting in CFCOT. :huh:

I got tired of his continual "Jews are evil" crap 35 years ago and told him that if he just had to talk about it, don't do it around me.

BTW, civver_764, do you like Star Trek? Read any science fiction or watch any SF series or movie franchises? If so (in the case of Star Trek, at least), you're enjoying the creative output of Jewish people. It gave my grandfather some pause for reflection when I pointed out that William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, Walter Koenig, David Gerrold, and numerous other people involved in Star Trek were Jewish, and it wouldn't surprise me if at least a third or more of the books in my science fiction library were written by authors who happen to be Jewish. I told my grandfather he could either knock off the Jew-bashing in my hearing, or leave my books alone - my library would be closed.

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Valessa said:
So to destroy majority privilege, you would need to ethnically cleanse the world until there is only one race left.
Already done. Homo sapiens sapiens won, at least for now. But evolution isn't over yet.

Already done. Homo sapiens sapiens won, at least for now. But evolution isn't over yet.

Well, there is a theory that civilization (the concept, not the game) has eliminated the mechanisms of natural selection, so effectively evolution may well be over.

In my case, I attend a church that most people would call a "black church" without any significant pause for thought. I feel no less privilege in doing so than any other member of the church. I live in a zip code that is majority Hispanic. I feel no less privilege in doing so than any other resident. So I find, based on personal experience, that rejecting your statement in absence of any evidence is quite easy.

My experience living in majority-black neighborhoods has been pretty similar. I have been in many settings where I found myself more comfortable hanging out with non-whites than with my "fellow" white people.

You state this as if it were such obvious fact that you need present no evidence. That is not the case. There will be many people who accept this statement without proof, but there will hopefully be far more who do not.
But master, the same is true for black people in America, there are many who say they don't feel like they're disadvantaged compared to their white peers, or who name unequal treatment by the police as the only unfair treatment they receive. Then you can look up stories about white farmers in Africa, and you see treatment that is a biiiiiit more severe than being pulled over that one extra time.

Having grown up in a majority Muslim neighborhood, I can ensure you that, while most people were very friendly, I was at an overall disadvantage there, even though it was not large majority at that time (it is now almost 100%).

I would agree that it's not an inevitably in every situation, but it will most certainly happen in some places, as long as racial differences exist, and if they stop existing at one point, we'll likely find other factors to differentiate "us" from "them" and continue what we've always done. That, and the same level of nuance wasn't present when you two talked about "white privilege".

Well, there is a theory that civilization (the concept, not the game) has eliminated the mechanisms of natural selection, so effectively evolution may well be over.
That's a stupid theory, master! Evolution is most certainly not over, the things that are selected for have just changed to fit the needs of today's society, plus it's mostly about successful reproduction and not so much about survival anymore.

Top Bottom