The Forgotten Tribes: Join the project or suggest ideas!

Started a wordpress blog so anyone that wants to join the team, can post updates and such there, as well as I. :)

Please edit the link into the original post, searching for that blog is far harder than you'd think...

It's not done. I'll post the link when it's actually use able, right now I've only created some groups and such. I'll finish it after work tonight probably!

More or less interested, posted in wordpress already. When I have time, I'll probably be more of a beta tester/site organiser/ researcher than a graphics guy or modder (though I can certainly do some minor xml, too).
As a side note, Ambrox62 has great leaderheads, too, but I think he needs a picture to base them off of.

Maybe you can also help recruit some people who could help too? Most of my time is spent either at work or trying to fix the issues with the mod right now. :(

And since we're having troubles with North America part, I'm putting it on hold and moving on to Mesoamerica part. Let the research and map making begin haha.

Ok, hold on here. Mesoamerica will be my specialty.
First off, I'm going to give my ideas for the current/planned stuff:
1. I know you said you weren't doing units because of graphics, but very few people even have the tools to do those. I'd stick to using existing units for that part.
2. Existing buildings, etc.: I'd take one building, give it a bonus relating to Vanilla.
3. Same as above, for UA, but, of course, still unique.
4. Unless you can actually make new resources, I wouldn't go their yet. If you can, don't make anything specifically benefit those, so that other parts can still be used seperately.

For recruiting people, I think most people work on their own mods, honestly. Kiej.Manik (above) would be a good addition, he certainly knows a lot about Mesoamerica. Optik is currently MIA, but he made his own american civ mod, provided me with a spare leaderhead (which remains unused) and certainly has excellent graphics/modding skills.

By the way, I already posted a Mesoamerica map earlier in the thread, it just needs some terrain tweaks (mostly in mountains)

1. I know you said you weren't doing units because of graphics, but very few people even have the tools to do those. I'd stick to using existing units for that part.
I said I haven't done them, not that I wasn't going to ;) I have the programs for reskinning and such.
2. Existing buildings, etc.: I'd take one building, give it a bonus relating to Vanilla.
For Mesoamerica only, I'll be using one building, one unit. Just due to the smaller scale of it compared to NA and SA.
4. Unless you can actually make new resources, I wouldn't go their yet. If you can, don't make anything specifically benefit those, so that other parts can still be used seperately.
You can make new resources. :)

For recruiting people, I think most people work on their own mods, honestly. Kiej.Manik (above) would be a good addition, he certainly knows a lot about Mesoamerica. Optik is currently MIA, but he made his own american civ mod, provided me with a spare leaderhead (which remains unused) and certainly has excellent graphics/modding skills.

By the way, I already posted a Mesoamerica map earlier in the thread, it just needs some terrain tweaks (mostly in mountains)

Been working on it trying to get it ready. There are sooo many rivers in Central America it's going to take some more time, hehe.

The Aztec/Mexica thing was a mistake, I'm going with the Mexica (better logo too). I also am going to redo the Maya logo, I don't like their flag as their logo.,

Also, as you can see I tried to go down to only using 2 (at most 3) colours in each logo.

Nice, I'm impressed
With the resources, I meant if you specifically knew how, and I wouldn't use them with other parts for playability.
And my Mesoamerica map is actually max size, so scale shouldn't be an issue. Units just tend to be more fun.
And yeah, Maya logo was my #1 concern.
And yeah, rivers on the map is part of why I ended up taking an extended break from it.
I'd add obsidian as a strategic resource, for the Mesoamerican scenario.

Hummingbirds are a possibility, one of the most valuable luxury resources of the time in that area.

When I said scale, I meant real size scale, yes the map is the same size technically, but it encompasses more water than land.

The Tarascan's will be the P'urhépecha people (same thing), as for the other 3 suggestions - still working on those.

Obsidian will be used as a Resource, just not sure if it'll be Strategic or Luxury yet.

Should be strategic, many Nahuan weapons had obsidian blades. Mayan weapons tended to be either obsidian or chert/flint.

Well I'm no expert but I guess I'm smarter than the average bear I guess :p

I don't know anything about modding, the technical stuff anyway, I'm just here to make suggestions

Top Bottom