The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

I realize that but the potential hilarity is lost because it's too tiny to read.

I used my browser's zoom function to the text.

Metacritic has (currently) 3020 PC games with scores, ranging from 96 (Half-Life, HL2, Bioshock, and... Out of the Park Baseball 2007! :confused:)

The OOTP baseball series is quite possibly the greatest set of baseball games ever created. The level of detail from full, comprehensive player lists from 1876-present, to the level of complexity in the simulation, is nothing short of brilliant. OOTP Baseball 13 is, hands down the best game I've played these last two years.

Haven't played OOTP, but I have played Eastside Hockey Manager, and can confirm that within that game's community, OOTP is talked about as a gold standard of sports sims.

I had OOTP 11 and really liked it. I would get it more frequently, but it's always too expensive (I don't pay more than $15 for games these days). And like all sports games its development suffers from an annual release cycle.

I can't put down nba2k13, but very disappointing that the pc version is missing the virtual currency system xbox uses. On xbox version everything you did in the game gains money which you can spend on your player in career mode to make him better. On pc version, no money, only way to improve is playing games in career mode. Makes the game really grindy to finally get an all star level talent in career mode.

Just got Papers, Please! on Steam.

Probably one of the best indie games I've played with one of the most boring descriptions imaginable. You play as a passport/border control officer in an authoritarian country that has just ended a 6-year war with its neighbor.

A bunch of videos also convinced me to get it. Strangely compelling, just as with Viscera Cleanup Detail.

Glory to Arstotzka! :salute:

I quite liked Papers, Please! too, though I sucked horribly on my first try through. :)

Just got everything from the latest Humble Bundle.

BF3, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 1+3, Sims 3+Starter Package, Crysis 2, Burnout: Paradise, and the new Medal of Honor.

Just got everything from the latest Humble Bundle.

BF3, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 1+3, Sims 3+Starter Package, Crysis 2, Burnout: Paradise, and the new Medal of Honor.

Me too! Based on how quickly I chewed through dead space 1 and 2, expect a dead space 3 review in a week or so. Love that series! That's the only reason I bought it really, was waiting for a sale.

I got To The Moon on sale last week (thursday daily deal I think). It was a random splurge, not usually into that style of games. I loved some things about it, the music for one, the dialogue is witty, but for all the praise the story got I thought it was a little overrated. As it was developing I was intrigued and it kept me glued to the game trying to piece together certain plot points. But it the end it just felt a little shallow and empty to me. I can't say more without spoilers. The gameplay sucks. It's not very smooth controls and is just an annoyance most of the time when all you want to see is the story. I understand it's a story game so just leave it at that, don't make me search for little clicky things with poor mouse control.

Top Bottom