The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. They were both in movies with Adam Sandler.

COROLLARY: If the Bacon coefficient measures the distance from Mr. Bacon, would it be additive or destructive in this case? As in, distance from Kevin Bacon to SFB, 2 points, and distance from SFB to KB 2 points or distance from KB to SFB 2 points and distance from SFB to KB -2 points?

SECONDARY COROLLARY: If the second case is true, would that mean that there is a Bacon coefficient of 0 between the two, indicating that they are, in fact, the same person?

I don't have a recent photo of myself to put on an online dating site, is it alright to use an older one?

What would you do if a famous rock star mistaken a weather balloon for a UFO and crashed his car into yours?

Another, more serious question: Why is newspaper paper so gray? I did try googling this and got various newspapers from places called Gray.

Another Serious Question: Why, on microfilm, do photographs sometimes end up looking like someones sketches?

I don't have a recent photo of myself to put on an online dating site, is it alright to use an older one?
I honestly don't know how dating sites handle it, but I would say no. After all, if I were to go to a dating site to find someone, I would kind of like to know what this person looks like.

aimeeandbeatles said:
Another, more serious question: Why is newspaper paper so gray? I did try googling this and got various newspapers from places called Gray.

I think it's because the paper is cheaper.

Another Serious Question: Why, on microfilm, do photographs sometimes end up looking like someones sketches?

They use cheap paper and ink. Low quality photos of low quality printing.

Newsprint is the paper used for newspapers because it is cheap and practical.
There are some newspapers with colored paper like the Financial Times.

I'd advice you to use a picture that's as new as possible.

BTW, to maximise the power of your picture, post pictures of you in social settings. Not the "all alone in apartment" picture or whatever. You want to come across as someone with a social life and not someone stuck in an apartment all day long. If you don't have any pictures like those, go mold your life so you do.

-

Is it a good idea for me to play computer games on my laptops outside? My laptop overheats often (yes, I do have a cooler) and it feels like it's 10C (50F) degrees outside.

Depends on the humidity, Yared. Low humidity is probably okay.

I'd advice you to use a picture that's as new as possible.

BTW, to maximise the power of your picture, post pictures of you in social settings. Not the "all alone in apartment" picture or whatever. You want to come across as someone with a social life and not someone stuck in an apartment all day long. If you don't have any pictures like those, go mold your life so you do.

But I don't have a social life nor a social setting. Plus I'm a shy guy who does not get friends easily (it's more of a personal thing since I was bullied and treated like an outcast by my peers in childhood. So it's hard for me to trust other people, Eventhough they have matured now.)

How come some of the DYOS don't get closed after 1,000?
Because they are not OT nor they are serial threads. The FAQ Thread is over 1000.

But I don't have a social life nor a social setting. Plus I'm a shy guy who does not get friends easily (it's more of a personal thing since I was bullied and treated like an outcast by my peers in childhood. So it's hard for me to trust other people, Eventhough they have matured now.)
Take one in a park, maybe?

You could probably also get someone to help photoshop it or something. If celeb's can do it, why not you?

Is there a name for those sudden panic or anxiety attacks, or otherwise an extremely intense feeling of fear, that are directly caused by a sensation of deja vu?

I've had this three times in the past two hours, and I was wondering if there was a term for these "deja vu panic attacks"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom