The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol that sounds so sketchy, but I might have to try it. Hopefully my cell will already be dead.

And I might steal my brother's phone and send myself 180 texts. My phone doesn't hold 4000, lol. I'm an idiot, I know!

Or maybe I'll just tell my mom not to bother getting and I'll get my grandma to get it for me next week. That's probably what I'll do. Thanks, y'all!

I have a question. Two weeks ago I was texting in class and got my phone taken away (bound to happen eventually, I text all the time in school). Tomorrow, my mother is planning on going to the front office at my school to pick it up, that's the regular procedure here. When she picks it up, she's terribly nosy and she's probably going to try to snoop through my phone, which is a bit of a problem seeing as there are things on my phone that might not be exactly proper for a fifteen year-old to have on his phone ... or at least my mother wouldn't think so. The phone was on for about two weeks, but I don't think it was open. Is there any chance it has ran out of batteries? If it's out of batteries, my mom can't snoop around, and that would help me a lot.

Why the hell would you have a phone that doesn't require a PIN to unlock?

Or if you're using any respectable smartphone platform, just lock your phone remotely from your computer.

Unless you have a smart phone with all sorts of sensative data most people I know just really care about having a password.

I think any mobile phone will run out of batteries after 2 weeks whether being used or not.

Are there any major towns or cities in the UK that's on the border of Wales and England and technically in both? My grandfather (long dead) is supposedly from such a town and I'm trying to identify it.

Chester and Shrewsbury are both on the Welsh border. There are still some villages in north-east Wales with Chester postcodes.

Chester and Shrewsbury are both on the Welsh border. There are still some villages in north-east Wales with Chester postcodes.

And Chester City's old ground spilled over the border. I think the changing rooms were in Wales and the rest in England or something like that.

But the OP is probably referring to the whole of Monmouthshire/Gwent, which was in England for some purposes (e.g. court cases), but Wales for other purposes. The 1974 local government reform tried to tidy up all these loose ends, and so Monmouthshire become the purely Welsh county of Gwent.

A question. I'm compiling a newspaper index on my site which is grouped by locaiton. A vast majority of the newspapers are from North America, with smatterings from other continents. The two smallest groups are Australasia and the "far east" (e.g. I have papers from Singapore & Malaysia if I spelled that right). COnsidering this, and the fact that theyre in similar geographical locations, do you suppose it would be ok to group the two together?

The BBC uses the phrase "Asia-Pacific" to cover these two regions.

In Caerleon, Gwent, some people pay taxes to South Gloucestershire Council (in England), yet they're in the land of sheep, wellies and lilting accents. :)

I haven't seen a phone that requires a password or PIN to unlock.

Obviously I live under a rock.

No one has started a thread dedicated to the Penn State pedophile and information suppression problems, but I just googled this article:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ky-Has-Been-Missing-Since-2005-133615093.html

What do you think about the fact that a DA who would have charged Sandusky earlier, mysteriously disappeared?

EDIT:

As for the 2002 incident, in which a graduate assistant told Penn State coach Joe Paterno that he witnessed Sandusky raping a 10-year-old boy in the PSU locker rooms, there is no indication that Ray Gricar was notified, reports the Patriot-Times.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ky-Has-Been-Missing-Since-2005-133615093.html

Gricar's disappearance has been a mystery ever since that April day in 2005. His car was found in a parking lot 50 miles from his home, with his laptop, wallet and keys missing. Investigators later revealed an Internet search on Gricar's home computer that read: "how to wreck a hard drive." Foul play is still suspected because the former district attorney's body still has not been found.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/ray-gri...trail-went-missing-in-2005-declared-dead.html

Unless you have a smart phone with all sorts of sensative data most people I know just really care about having a password.

Most people are stupid.

Don't be most people.

Most phones don't. I know mine doesn't.

There should be a setting for it, the vast majority of dumbphones, and any smartphone, has the option for it.

I haven't seen a phone that requires a password or PIN to unlock.

You have to enable the setting.

Most people are stupid.

Don't be most people.

I don't put a password on my phone. What would be the point of it if you have nothing worth stealing? If someone steals your phone its gone and a password isn't getting it back. It is a lot easier that way for instances when people ask to borrow your phone.

I don't put a password on my phone. What would be the point of it if you have nothing worth stealing? If someone steals your phone its gone and a password isn't getting it back. It is a lot easier that way for instances when people ask to borrow your phone.

I have a password, but not because I have sensitive info, but because I don't want people snooping through my personal messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom