The Official Perfection KOs Creationism Thread Part Three: The Return of the KOing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me to question again about the mitochondrial aging in the germline, and why we assume it doesn't happen.

Does Telemerase have anything to do with it? Such as fixing the Telemers and reducing/reversing cellular aging?

The Last Conformist said:
Other than that, I just want to point out I'm still waiting for diablodelmar's reference for rickets causing thick strong bones.
I'm waiting for him to explain how information gets "lost" not gained when a gene gets longer with a new sequence. <- seconded

Anybody feel like cataloguing everything we're waiting for? :hammer2:

Erik Mesoy said:
Anybody feel like cataloguing everything we're waiting for?

1. A catalogue of all the stuff we're waiting for

2. How rickets increases bone density

3. A definition of information

4. The name of the all-powerful, irrefutable, omniscient DVD

5. Probably lots of other stuff.

El_Machinae said:
Remind me to question again about the mitochondrial aging in the germline, and why we assume it doesn't happen.
I've sent your original post about it to some biologically informed folks, and from the replies this far, it appears your asumptions are wrong - the average quality of the mitochondria in a woman's ova doesn't decrease during her lifetime.

Eran of Arcadia said:
Except now you have to strike #1 off the list . . .

Well, the rest of the list isn't likely to get crossed off, I figured we should put in one that we could manage. ;)

Oh, forgot to say, clever thread title, Perfection. :goodjob: Good jorb.

Tenochtitlan said:
Oh, forgot to say, clever thread title, Perfection. :goodjob: Good jorb.

Yes, excellent jorb.

Seriously though, as fun as this thread is, it is getting hard to find serious Creationists to debate. How much can we just discuss actual issues and debates within the biological sciences?

:lol: you guys have scared all the creationists away!

I think it was Erik who came up with the thread title if I'm not mistaken..?

Fifty said:
:lol: you guys have scared all the creationists away!
Yeah, it's becoming less and less a boxing match and more and more gang-rape.

Well, some rather weird hybridization phenomena were already known from cichlid fish. I don't have the reference at hand, but among closely related cichlid species mating compability has been known to switch on and off between different lineages.

Bumping this.

diablodelmar, please post some evidence for your point of view instead of throwing out lots of questions, most of which are straw men or rebutted already.

If you bring up a serious point, we'll be happy to debate it.

diablo has informed me via PM, along with some serious self-rightoues preaching, that he withdraws from the thread as the gets 'flamed' a lot. I told him not so, he has not replied so far.

carlosMM said:
diablo has informed me via PM, along with some serious self-rightoues preaching, that he withdraws from the thread as the gets 'flamed' a lot. I told him not so, he has not replied so far.

He's using typical creationist debating tactics, making up a bunch of strawman arguments and then whines about "evil, dogmatic evolutionists are percescutring me" when his BS is refuted :rolleyes:

The Last Conformist said:
I've sent your original post about it to some biologically informed folks, and from the replies this far, it appears your asumptions are wrong - the average quality of the mitochondria in a woman's ova doesn't decrease during her lifetime.

Well, I do know that gametes decrease in quality over time and mitochondria (elsewhere) degrade over time.

The degradation should add up.

Bluemofia - I don't believe there are telomeres in mitochondrial DNA.

I'll post diablodelmar's two most recent arguments from the other thread, then.
There is no Oort cloud - its still just a hypothesis! We know nothing of it!
Another question: How come all the oldest reefs around today are measured to be around 4000 years old? If the earth is billions and billions and billions and billions of years old, then how come we don't have a coral reef somewhere that is older than a mere few K years old?
Please provide:
a)evidence for the Oort cloud
b)evidence of older reefs or reasons for why reefs are so young

I leave this in your capable hands. :)

EDIT: Boris has made an excellent post and I've asked him to repost it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom