The Olive Branch Thread

I want to apologise to @Kyriakos for not like recognising this post earlier

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/random-rants-ΠΑ-thats-a-paddlin.650795/page-14#post-15573861

I was planning to at some point I felt in like higher spirits, but I postponed it and then the thread got closed

It was a very nice gesture at a point I was pretty down, so thank you.

midterm unfourtunately went fairly poorly but I'll still try the final exam

Thanks, although it doesn't work that way :) You don't have to apologize for that. I am happy you are doing better :)

Since this is now including not 100% legit apologies: sorry @Synsensa for the snipe in answer to your snipe to my snipe re country movies :p

Credit where credit's due. I am indeed a fatty.

Please. 6 years ago I weighted something like 110 kilograms (after being half that; 55 kilograms in University). Now am 65-70, depending on fattening spells :)
So don't make me feel even worse for my stupid snipe :p
In fact, well done, I will go erase it now :)

Moderator Action: Once again, this is not a general discussion thread.

More of a shoutout than olive branch

@Zardnaar has been making a slew of killer threads from the old school OT style “what’s the best tank” to a number where people get to sound off against him on their favorite/most motivating topics. He has been injecting a lot of fun with his threads so hats off for that.

I want to post in here, but can't come up with anything good to say. Also it's difficult because I hate olives. But anyway, this will have to do:

General apology to anyone who feels like they deserve an apology. You probably do.

Not entirely sure if serious, but thanks anyway :)

Not entirely sure if serious, but thanks anyway :)

Yes, I am. We don't agree on some stuff...some of it fairly important, but you contribute beyond those things. The only people I'd rather just left are people who post the same old fight picking stuff every time they come around and really don't seem to have anything else to say.

Can I apologize to everyone for making that Free Speech thread? :shake: I really didn't expect it to go as badly as it did.

This a shoutout and I remember Owen agreeing last time I saw him in Berkeley but @Manfred Belheim was quietly pwning left and right a while back maybe for much of 2018 or maybe 2017 and in my head I was calling it the year of Manfred. The posts didn’t garner likes as I myself often disagreed too much here and there but they were golden nonetheless so I hope to see more.

Can I apologize to everyone for making that Free Speech thread? :shake: I really didn't expect it to go as badly as it did.
No, you saved my thread, which was supposed to be about making friends, from the same convo.

Rule #1 of OT: Threads rarely survive contact with users.

No, you saved my thread, which was supposed to be about making friends, from the same convo.

But it got shut down anyways.

Moderator Action: Check #444, people. This is not a discussion thread.

I kinda feel like I've been treating @Manfred Belheim unjustly, reading lots of negative intention into his posts. I don't know if that's really there. Lately I haven't been responding to your posts as much as I've been reading them and it has put things into a different light.

I kinda feel like I've been treating @Manfred Belheim unjustly, reading lots of negative intention into his posts. I don't know if that's really there. Lately I haven't been responding to your posts as much as I've been reading them and it has put things into a different light.
I feel Manfred's much different than he used to be, and to me he really seems to be making such a better effort to engage in real conversation. I suggest to everyone who used to be bothered by his antagonistic style to put your old feelings aside and give him a fresh chance.

Top Bottom