The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

1712, year of destruction.

Also, don't go to the 1712 wikipedia page describing the year. It has a most disgusting picture of smallpox on it. You're warned.

Also, don't go to the 1712 wikipedia page describing the year. It has a most disgusting picture of smallpox on it. You're warned.
Hmm,I can't see the picture of that.

Yep, no smallpox on the english 1712 page... Perhaps it's on an other language ?

Yep, no smallpox on the english 1712 page... Perhaps it's on an other language ?

Yes, you're right, it's the Dutch (I'm Belgian). I'll add it in here.

WARNING: Don't open this while you are eating or if you have a weak stomach:

Spoiler :

So you're basically telling us not to look at the picture... and then you show us the picture.

So you're basically telling us not to look at the picture... and then you show us the picture.

On popular demand, yes.
And it's in a spoiler.

Gentlemen, we have figured it out! Poland is a city-state in Anatolia!

I once had them have three cities, including their capital, in the Kaukasus.

By the way, I apologize for the lack of Polish core area in North Africa, this will be corrected in the future.

Would it be appropriate for me to say "and?" ?

Tamils at 1775 AD? Usually they just get torn apart, hacked into pieces and fed to the crows by the three Trading Company events targeted at them.
Portugal is a monster, by the way, and I think we can assume they controlled Spain too before the respawn.

Evidently your "usual" is different. My usual is Portugal takes Colombo and Tamils are strong enough to stop both of the trading companies.

The most unusual things I see are Japan, Portugal 3 mainland cities, and France settled Ajaccio.

I just played a weird little game (as the English, rolling from 3000 BC) where the Persians circumnavigated the globe (or at least got credit for it) and the Chinese visited the New World by around 1100AD. There wasn't much to screen cap, but it was something I hadn't run into before.

Should the Mughals really be able to build a Trading Company? I get that they won't see most of the benefit but it's still kind of strange...

^I once had a game where England was a vassal of the Mughals ;) so that's definitely relevant.
England built Trading Company, and then lost all their subcontinental possessions to the Mughals, and capitulated.

My issue with non-Europeans building Trading Companies is that the benefits are relatively easy for them to acquire since the relevant resources are in their territory. I feel the TC National Wonder is meant to represent the benefits of European importation of "exotic" goods. Those goods are considerably less exotic for the Mughals.

Top Bottom